EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jesus Maze, nice work at becoming the emu community's biggest shitlord literally overnight. I didn't even play on NL Reborn but what a tremendously shitty thing to do to everyone.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
What I don't understand is how this could be this best decision. I, for one, would have been completely ok with playing the game up to Time and would have just sucked it up and dealt with the bugs. It was seriously the best pacing I could have asked for being on a limited schedule and it's hard to accept it is gone now, because I was having a blast.

othree

I fuckin KNEW this dude was crazy from reading his posts on his own forums.

It's the same shit like Kegz. Dude was crazy about his own forums, deleting posts, editing them to look better, censoring entire topics from discussion.

Then meltdown.

Can you imagine what it will be like when this happens on P99?

Hahaha yup! I was VERY close to pulling the trigger and playing on here, until I started checking the forums out. Maze seemed very much a super unstable goof and I had the exact thought you did; "Is this dude Kegz?". I wonder what triggered this episode, maybe his mom decided to pull his internet access.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was thinking about trying to make one of these servers, or something similar, for fun. Problem is, I don't have a CS degree and haven't worked in any capacity as an engineer or anything. What's the degree of difficulty here? and what language is most commonly used on these projects?

I was thinking of mirroring some of the original nag lair stuff, removing some of the more annoying custom content and maybe flattening xp out across expansions so people have more choice on where to grind.

othree

What I don't understand is how this could be this best decision. I, for one, would have been completely ok with playing the game up to Time and would have just sucked it up and dealt with the bugs. It was seriously the best pacing I could have asked for being on a limited schedule and it's hard to accept it is gone now, because I was having a blast.

I think literally everyone BUT Maze would have preferred the server stay up, even if bug/content fixes slowed way down. Dude is just a fucking goof.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It's too bad, this was a cool server. Didn't put much time in here myself but sucks to see you bro's lose all that effort. See yall on the next dope ass emu, hopefully with more time to play myself

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Christ, why pull the plug completely like that even if you can't be arsed dealing with it - pretty disrespectful to the dudes that had invested dozens of hours playing on it. If anyone gets a copy of this up and running I'll be all over it. Like I said - was fun while it lasted.

Edit - you put the files up while I was posting. Good on you for that.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
After seeing the community's response to me bringing the server down, it's quite clear that I should've did this prior.

As for being "unstable", and having a "meltdown", it's obviously not a meltdown, I pulled the plug on my project.

Note, I said MY project. as in, the only other people who even remotely have claim to it would be Secrets or Ghanja.

With that being said, Secrets is the only man with the source code, and not even I have access to that because it's change controlled that way.

If you want, PM me and I'll assist your setup if you really want to get it running.

othree

Christ, why pull the plug completely like that even if you can't be arsed dealing with it - pretty disrespectful to the dudes that had invested dozens of hours playing on it. If anyone gets a copy of this up and running I'll be all over it. Like I said - was fun while it lasted.

Edit - you put the files up while I was posting. Good on you for that.

The thing that sucks so fucking hard is he wasn't even hosting it anymore or paying to host it himself anymore. IIRC hosting had been donated by a member from here, who could have easily found willing folks to further the server. Instead Maze acts like a 13 year old and takes his ball, bat, glove...and then everyone else's equipment home as well.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Correct, Hosting has been donated by Vonguru, which is a cool ass fucking thing to do.

I'm uploading the binaries to dropbox will post them when I am done.

othree

After seeing the community's response to me bringing the server down, it's quite clear that I should've did this prior.

As for being "unstable", and having a "meltdown", it's obviously not a meltdown, I pulled the plug on my project.

Note, I said MY project. as in, the only other people who even remotely have claim to it would be Secrets or Ghanja.

With that being said, Secrets is the only man with the source code, and not even I have access to that because it's change controlled that way.

If you want, PM me and I'll assist your setup if you really want to get it running.

Whatever makes you feel better about being a petty piece of shit, buddy. If you were still paying to host this project and decided to do this because donations didn't support it, no one would have blamed you. If you had posted even the slightest bit of warning that you were no longer interested in running the server, no one would have been this upset.

Instead you pull a dick move and then cry foul when people call you out for being a fucking goof. Go back to your forums where you can control the narrative and delete/edit posts as you need.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Uhh, I've never deleted anything from the forums other than Hatorade's guide to the Lich earring.

Thanks guy. Your butt seems very hurt over some pixels.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
After his last post on Discord, I sort of saw this coming. Think I'm going to roll a few boxes on Al'kabor, but damn I agree that the balance on this server was very nice.
If you roll up on TAKP, hit me up and I can get you some starting spell money and maybe some gears.

othree

Keep throwing that "your butt seems very hurt over some pixels" bullshit around. It's more about the lack of respect you have for the most valuable commodity anyone in this reality could possibly possess.

At the very least, giving people a warning that this was coming would have been respectful and sensible. But naaaww, you're too much of a goof to even respect your own time let alone someone else's time. Even better, considering you weren't paying to host it any longer, you could have just left the server up and announced your departure from the project; allowing someone else to give dev'ing a go. But you're too fucking petty and egocentric to have done that, as we can now see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Appreciate the work you put into the server a ton. Also appreciate, despite being dumped all over, you providing the server backups. Seems like your life has a lot of shit going on, but thanks for going out of your way to satisfy the players who were loving this project.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
"egocentric" "petty"

Released the entire database sir, just uploaded the binaries. Enjoy it.