EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roraiel

Molten Core Raider
The only thing I'll add to this discussion is this:

If you guys get a copy of this server up and running my reccomendation is to name it Nagafen's Lair (Rise of the Fallen) or Nagafen's Lair (This is gonna rock).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure it's gotta be called the Dad server or something of the like. The name is perfect in every way.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What a faggot actually enjoyed what little spare time i have these days soloing on the server.

ohh that was you in seb yesterday. I was soloing jugs and you were down there on your necro afk. I got you killed on accident about a couple dozen times. I was the same, necro as well, no box, was loving soloing on this server and just enjoying EQ in its classical sense. I'm super sad.

When you guys say he nuked it, that just means the servers right? Could anyone coax the data from him? Or if not that, could one of you use the files to make the exact same type of server where we can start fresh on? Pleeeease, please, please please.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
ohh that was you in seb yesterday. I was soloing jugs and you were down there on your necro afk. I got you killed on accident about a couple dozen times. I was the same, necro as well, no box, was loving soloing on this server and just enjoying EQ in its classical sense. I'm super sad.

When you guys say he nuked it, that just means the servers right? Could anyone coax the data from him? Or if not that, could one of you use the files to make the exact same type of server where we can start fresh on? Pleeeease, please, please please.

Read the thread bro. lol...

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
With from an older backup. About 10 days of progress would be lost.

Doubt this is a vote, but man, with that much lost, I would prefer a fresh server with same rule set (but with auto scribe on for all levels). I'm not interested in replaying the last 10 days.

SirJames

Golden Squire
Working on it now, no promises. I will announce the info here if it gets up and stable. Just to warn everyone, we have a Database backup from 9/5, so there WILL be a rollback. Join discord chat for more up to date info.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
If we're rolling that far back, I too would vote for a restart. It would have the added benefit of getting all the out of era spells removed from people who leveled early.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly S SirJames it's probably a good idea to do a character wipe. Akkadius has a tool he created at my request for that. Drop player tables source stock ones.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Read the thread bro. lol...

Don't know what the deal was, but when I posted that, the 3 pages before it didn't exist. The last post was still confusion. I'm happy to know things are in the works and the code/db was released. I only had 2 days invested, but I would also vote for a fresh start.

Last edited:

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
For what it's worth my dad vote goes to server wipe and auto-scribe (I realize its not worth anything).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol wow. I was trying to restrain myself because of hearing that Maze has been going through some really tough rl shit, so I assumed some deaths and such, which HAS to fuck anyone up. But after reading this guy's posts... wow, FUCK YOU. You are such a piece of shit. Thanks to everyone in Discord working to get it back up. And BTW, the official Alkabor server from Sony, had TONS of bugs. Broken AA's that if you accidentally purchased, your character was pretty much broken forever, bugged mobs, POP unbeatable, and many many other things. Yet people still loved it dearly and played it for many many years. Your line of thinking is retarded.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI, if you restart, im out. A lot of you came here much later and are in Velious. Myself, Serinn, and a few others have been grinding our asses off in PoP finding bugs and whatnot. I am not going through all that leveling horseshit again. Most of you don't have a fraction of the time that others have put in.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also think it's selfish for the guys who started in the last 2 weeks to want a restart. Most of us were carried with gear and everything else and it completely shits on the work of the guys who were 65 with AA's before we even started and suffered through all the bugs and quests and whatnot.

I'm not sure who will be actually running this thing, but I think we need to have some votes and serious discussions about the direction we go.

The only thing I'm in favor of is reverting the scribing change, as this is an easy server and the backup file we have is pointed to the exact point where this was removed initially.