EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doubt this is a vote, but man, with that much lost, I would prefer a fresh server with same rule set (but with auto scribe on for all levels). I'm not interested in replaying the last 10 days.

This makes 0 sense. You don't want to replay the last 10 days, so wipe and replay the entire thing?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I also think it's selfish for the guys who started in the last 2 weeks to want a restart. Most of us were carried with gear and everything else and it completely shits on the work of the guys who were 65 with AA's before we even started and suffered through all the bugs and quests and whatnot.

I'm not sure who will be actually running this thing, but I think we need to have some votes and serious discussions about the direction we go.

The only thing I'm in favor of is reverting the scribing change, as this is an easy server and the backup file we have is pointed to the exact point where this was removed initially.

Believe the current plan is to actually get a box up and running. Then go from there with making these choices. I know your in discord and already know this, this is more for people who aren't. I'm in the camp of restoring to 10 days ago. If you want to start fresh reroll your characters!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
FYI, if you restart, im out. A lot of you came here much later and are in Velious. Myself, Serinn, and a few others have been grinding our asses off in PoP finding bugs and whatnot. I am not going through all that leveling horseshit again. Most of you don't have a fraction of the time that others have put in.

I totally understand where you're coming from. Even when I went linkdead and thought there'd be a 10 hour rollback I was thinking "well fuck this, I'm out!" haha and that was nothing. I totally feel you. I had at least 40-50 days played on Mac and lost it all, and I helped with bugs aplenty since Hobart was so active. It's part of the reason I've never played on the Alkabor EMU.

But what about the health of the new server as a whole, over a long trajectory? A new server with the old db from 10 days ago isn't much good if there isn't enough people playing on it (I'll play regardless, my char is gone with a 10day old db, I want a fresh start because of the autoscribe issue/missing spells/god era spells). From what I gathered, a lot of people outside of rerolled (and some plenty in) didn't like that autoscribe was there for people that started first, and then pulled out from others later on. Specially with certain spells being missing and GoD era spells being in with old autoscribe. I wonder if there's a healthy medium somewhere.

This makes 0 sense. You don't want to replay the last 10 days, so wipe and replay the entire thing?

People just love fresh starts with EQ in general. Somehow a fresh start with everyone else feels better to a lot of people than a 10 day rollback I imagine. Plus a fresh start could help reinvigorate the community and increase the population.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reinstate auto-scribe. Problem solved. We're not reverting everyone's progress to zero because a few of you want to be on the same level as those who've been at this for over a month.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Believe the auto scribe will be turned back on with this version. Someone said the change was made after this backup.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That's good. Do the 10 day backup then. And prepare 25k for me to buy my caster's gem, whomever gave that plat to me :D I change my vote. The way I figure, people will still play without a fresh start, but some of the most dedicated won't if there is a restart. Should try and keep as many people as possible. The population was growing, maybe with a new start, fresh or not, it will continue to do so. I was shocked at how many people I ran into that were new and how many people I made friends with in a 2 day period.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, fuck the wipe entirely. Just WHY? There's a core of us that have been working tirelessly for weeks backflagging and walking new RR members through progression. We have spent hours upon hours bug testing broken PoP and getting other things implemented like the flag code to stop random out of group people leeching PoP flags. It's a huge fuck you to those that have done the shitty grueling work so everyone else can have a smooth experience.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Should also think of it from a server health standpoint. Sure, RR is a big % of the population, but there were plenty non-rr who were playing. If we bring the product back online, as similar to the original as possible with the original characters, I think we maximize the change of resuscitating the server. I think a full wipe will hurt the already small community, which requires a critical mass to thrive.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider

Playing from the backup would be doing, literally, the exact same thing for those 10 days. If we start fresh I could pick different characters (without falling even further behind), progress with different (and more) people, and be part of the raiding. It would only be the same in that I would be progressing through EQ again, but, well duh.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Aye a wipe is totally unnecessary for exactly those reasons. It's not like this server is like p99 where the bloated high level population negatively affects the lower level experience and a wipe would significantly improve the new player experience. If anything for recent additions to the server like myself I'd gain a few days on the established folk if I was bothered by that kind of thing. If the autoscribe thing is the issue, just turn it back on.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Idk. I think the damage is done and it may be time to move on.

You shut your mouth.

Honestly I think the server is amazing enough, despite what that retard Maze says, that all the non RR will come back, or at least the vast majority. As many of you have said, it offers something NO other EQ server does. If anything I think the server can and will still continue to grow, once the new host/leader puts out a memo establishing trust that this won't happen again. We need to separate from Maze, I talked to mostly non Rerollers when I played, and they basically all lump us together as a hivemind. We need to make it clear that we are not Maze in any way shape or form.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dexz

Golden Squire
Yah, i can see your point Jysin, I don't think nuking all the hard work that you guys have put into your characters is a good idea, the rollback would suck but nothing compared to a full fledged rerolled. I think most of us pre PoP could get reflagged, clear a few zones and be pretty much caught back up in a matter of a few nights, if that long.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing from the backup would be doing, literally, the exact same thing for those 10 days. If we start fresh I could pick different characters (without falling even further behind), progress with different (and more) people, and be part of the raiding. It would only be the same in that I would be progressing through EQ again, but, well duh.

You can log in, fresh, and roll any new characters you like. No one is stopping you from doing that. I think the key is the end of your statement that you want to be part of the raiding. We have been backflagging the shit out of people and we have had a VT raid with 18 people in it last week. Don't fuck everyone else over because you are (temporarily) behind the progression.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You can log in, fresh, and roll any new characters you like. No one is stopping you from doing that. I think they key is the end of your statement that you want to be part of the raiding. We have been backflagging the shit out of people and we have had a VT raid with 18 people in it last week. Don't fuck everyone else over because you are (temporarily) behind the progression.

Don't make the assumption that people want a fresh start just because they are behind, that's not entirely the case, I imagine. But your argument is sound and I respect how much work you and others have put into your characters and I don't want you to lose that all. I got most of my help from non rerollers (even had one person wait for an hour as we worked out my bug with not being able to enter Hate, and sent me the files I needed to zone in, so she/he could kill Inny for me) except for a reroller that helped me do all the kunark world dragons yesterday so people here are very helpful and that helps a lot with people that only started 15 days ago or less and will lose more or less everything. That fact alone gives me hope that I'll get level'd back up into the 50's and Kunark flagged in no time.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Trying to remember what I got done in the last ten days, I finished my pally epic 2 days ago and the faction grind was a bitch for an EZ server. Got a Trak kill and a VP clear with 3 brain box parts, not to mention the ballin sword a guild member gave me. I know it's not near what some folks have put in, but 10 days or a full wipe, hard either way I'd vote 10 days.

Edit... looked back 10 days and that's the last time the server crashed big and AAs were reset. Ouch.

Last edited:

Roraiel

Molten Core Raider
I guess my only concern would be potential longevity. If NL came back up - who is putting in the hours for content past Pop era?

If we moved to Stormhaven, plenty of content and active devs.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I voted no reset to not be a bitch to the guys having more invested than me.

Tim

Molten Core Raider
I'm voting to not restart. I think that's worth someone hooking me up with an ornate short sword of slaughter for my new war : P