EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dexz

Golden Squire
what in the fuck.........................RL happens but at least reach out for help, its takes more fucking effort to nuke the server than it does to ask for some assistance for a few days/weeks/months. I'm sure with donations in time/money/effort from this forum alone we could have maintained the server indefinitely. Absolutely no need to let his hard work go to waste and fly a giant fuck you flag to the server population...Narcissistic fuck stick comes to mind...

Biggby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I was over the EZ bot-army method.
And whoever coined it here was correct this was the best Dads Server... If someone is awesome enough to pick up the Nagafen Mantle this is an excellent name.

Anyone tried the Imperium server

Vaultek

Molten Core Raider
This is absolutely awful news. I was having a lot of fun on this server with a lot of cool people. I've been out for a few days (I messed my neck up pretty bad, and couldn't really spend any time at my desk) but was really looking forward to getting back on again tomorrow. Damn.

This is the first game in a while that's really sparked my interest lately. I thought the server ruleset was about perfect, everything just worked and the GMs seemed to be on top of things. The nostalgia was great and being free it fit my current budget issues perfectly.
I've been going though some shit lately and have not been very good about being social. So it was nice to have an active guild full of cool and helpful people,and it was nice to be able to help out other folks when needed. It was a big deal for me, I've not really done anything except singleplayer (and rarely finished anything), since my best friend/ only real gaming buddy comitted suicide a few years ago. Hard to get back in the groove I guess. But it felt real good to be taking down mobs/quests co-op and talking about loot and AAs and stats and shit with an awesome crew of people. If it comes back up again, I'll be back in a flash.

Just venting I guess because now I gotta go find another game. Keep on going while I'm on a roll. So, what's everyone going to go play now? Anyone play Eve? I'd resub for sure if I had some folks to roll with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaultek

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, think in October. I was reading up on it the other day, it's going to be an interesting system with the Alpha and Omega accounts. I think its definitely going to succeed at bringing more bodies to Eve, which just means more content. It does look like it is still going to be worth it to sub/plex though.
It will be nice just knowing I can fire it up anytime and get in some quick frig pvp, and small ship pvp sounds better than ever imo with all the focus it has gotten lately.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Lol fucking hell can't believe the dude just nuked it. Ah well, had less than 12 hours over the last couple of days invested in it but it was a blast all the same. Cheers I think.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A bunch of the core group of us have moved to Stormhaven. It's custom content. You can single box and be fine, fun so far....see you in the new thread.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Omg I got disconnected yesterday and just didn't check till today. I go to login and... all of this. I was LOVING it... I didn't even get to experience all the classic zones I hadn't seen in ages yet. I am so sad. Damnit, I had just gained Kunark access. I loved this server after only 2 days of playing it. Wow. Genuinely want to cry :( This server was a beauty, as you've all said, it struck a perfect balance, and the non revamped zones were amazing. And yeah rerolled could have easily hosted.

I thought you guys basically ran the server. That's how none rerolled acted. Wasn't it ran by a reroller? I don't want another server, I want exactly, precisely what Nagafen was :(

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lol fucking hell can't believe the dude just nuked it. Ah well, had less than 12 hours over the last couple of days invested in it but it was a blast all the same. Cheers I think.
People are selfish dicks. It's pretty much the same shit as with Draegan.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this was my fear with investing too much time on an EMU server. I'm glad I really slowed down my playtime over the last 2ish weeks.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I fuckin KNEW this dude was crazy from reading his posts on his own forums.

It's the same shit like Kegz. Dude was crazy about his own forums, deleting posts, editing them to look better, censoring entire topics from discussion.

Then meltdown.

Can you imagine what it will be like when this happens on P99?

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
So how hard is it to set up an emu server anyway? I mean, we're fucking rerefohrollednoos for fucking crying out loud. You'd think we have enough brain cells to rub together here to figure out such an undertaking.

Relapse

Trakanon Raider
What a faggot actually enjoyed what little spare time i have these days soloing on the server.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So how hard is it to set up an emu server anyway? I mean, we're fucking rerefohrollednoos for fucking crying out loud. You'd think we have enough brain cells to rub together here to figure out such an undertaking.

I'm going to take a stab at setting one up. I'm probably not the best qualified person in the world to do it, but it literally can't go worse than this one did.
At the very least, I can guarantee I wouldn't intentionally scrap months of people's work without at least offering the db to someone else to take over.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Quoting for posterity so everyone knows to avoid this loser in the future.

@Secrets I'm starting to think that you associate yourself with mentally unstable people on purpose.

Maze_EQ
Dragon

icon1.gif

1. None of the admins have time to dedicate to the server any more due to real life shit.

2. I can't dedicate hours and hours a day to a project currently.

3. My apologies to everyone who loves Nagafen's Lair, y'all still rock.

4. Go play TAKP
icon_wink.gif

SirJames
Fire Beetle

icon1.gif

It didn't really "come to an end." Maze just decided on a whim to delete everything and yank the server down. The server wasn't even running on his hardware, it was donated by someone else.

Maze there was about 1000 better ways to handle this. Deleting everything with 0 notice was an extremely crappy thing to do.

Lots of us had a large amount of time invested into this server and we're having a lot of fun.

Let this be a warning for anyone who Interacts with Maze_EQ in the future. He is unstable and quite frankly only cares about himself. Do not let him touch your server or your code, it will not end well. He will screw you over eventually

Additionally, he was taking donations on his site, right up until he wiped everything.

Maze, I suggest you take a moment and think about what you did here. I really hope you don't treat people like this in real life. Really crappy thing to do man.

Maze_EQ
Dragon

icon1.gif

LOL.

again.

1. The code/DB were mine. My team wrote everything.
2. The server was donated by Vonguru from re-rolled.
3. I am not unstable, it's my choice as to what to do with my shit.
4. Who the fuck are you anyway?
5. Would you rather have a broken ass server with no content fixes and be stuck at EPs?
6. It's a god damn game, an emulator, your pixels mean zero. I'm glad I got to meet a bunch of yall, but when you come at me like you know what the fuck went down? Go suck on a big one buddy.

I took just enough donations to cover the cost of the VPS that it was running on PRIOR to switching to VonGuru's shit, ask Secrets, his credit card statement shows the payment.

So if you want to continue, please do.

I took it down not because I'm unstable, but because it was the best thing to do.

And about touching someone's code. Let's go ahead and ask Zerjz how his code is doing?