EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amygdala

Trakanon Raider
If you login to EQ emu now you will see a "[TESTING] Nagafen's Lair " Server. This is running a database copy from 9/4. If you have a minute, please just login to the server and play for 5-20 mins to ensure the server is stable, go see if spawns are up, etc. DO NOT PROGRESS, THIS WILL PROBABLY NOT BE THE FINAL VERSION.

We are hoping to get a more recent copy of the DB, so please don't start putting any time into this yet.

But this is a copy of the data Maze gave to us.

Where should we post our feedback/issues if we are helping test the server?

edit: where to send feedback is in the server MOTD when you login

Last edited:

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Secret, we want Dad Server! Not hardcore raiding server! Aint nobody got time for that shit.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
If you guys can get a backup from a day or two ago that would be outstanding! My addiction needs it's demon.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have to admit, I'd probably get a nerd boner is there is a working backup from the day of the nuke. I'd just got an emp robe and some other goodies the night before

Biggby

Molten Core Raider
Test Server went down?.. It was on server list .. I went to log in and timed out.. now gone.

Hope all is well.

I am up for Donations if someone pulls this off

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks for working to rescue the server, I don't know what I'd do without my new addiction.

Any chance tradeskills could get added for autoskill ups? That grind is no fun, ain't nobody got time for that.

The night before the server went down I powered a rogue 1-45 and downed Nag; here's hoping the database saved it!

This is good news. Let's hope it works. I voted no server wipe, though I just started on Monday.

Thanks for the behind-the-scenes hostage negotiation skills! Rerolled rocks!

I played hard the last 10 days and lost a crazy amount if it's rolled back to the 5th. Lich earring quest, 5 levels each, 450+ aa each, two expansion unlocks including vt/emp key farming, and basically every piece of gear on both of my toons. I'm not sure I've got the energy to do that again. :/

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So, things are looking pretty bleak at this point. We're putting our hopes in someone starting a new server with new tweaks, who just yesterday said he didn't have time for this. And on the flip side of that we have a 10 day old version that's actually up, but no one is really interested in it because there would be no one capable of dev'ing it.

FeelsBadMan

SirJames

Golden Squire
The backup version of the server is up at the moment. I don't really have time to support it much. If you hop into discord chat in the evening I can probably re-flag some of you, but no promises. If you want to become a GM and help out a bit find me (Sailfish) in discord chat.

This is basically a stopgap measure until the Devs get a new server up and working.
I wont be taking this offline without warning :)

Roraiel

Molten Core Raider
Give Stormhaven a chance guys, you (probably) won't be disappointed. It's very engaging with all of the content and natural progression.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It's a shit load slower though, in my opinion. Not sure it's as good as a "dad server" replacement.

Blah, that's not what I wanted to hear. Nag's leveling and advancement rate was such a sweet spot.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I will check out Stormhave tonight.

NL just had a great feel to it. You could actually make progression if you had an hour or so in between kids/dog/crazy ex wife/work. Plus don't like your combo? Level up another quickly. Need starter gear? Merchants always have a few items.

It was a casual server that just worked.