EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
My problem with the merc thing is I just feel like I'm on EQ safari.

If any of you SH guys want to log on and give me tons of gear and money on this 9/5 box, I won't complain.

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
My problem with the merc thing is I just feel like I'm on EQ safari.

If any of you SH guys want to log on and give me tons of gear and money on this 9/5 box, I won't complain.
I like how this guy thinks. Anyone have any sweet bard/bst gear that doesn't plan on playing anymore on the test server? I lost both my characters + Bard Epic.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No idea if anyone's interested since it looks like there are already a couple of other options up, but I have a server called Visions of Grandeur set up. A LOT of things are still wonky, but feel free to give it a poke if you'd like. I've tried to cap it at 50 and the first expansion (other than PoK) until I get a better handle on how everything works though there's still some strangeness to sort out.

I reduced the overall mob strength and dropped the spawn time for the raid mobs to 2 hours. No autoscribe yet, but most/all of the spells are available in PoK.

At the moment, you either start in the tutorial or crescent reach, so I recommend having the tutorial button selected, and then immediately zoning out of the tutorial cave into PoK.

If anyone has any feedback on getting the progression feel tuned (or anything else), just let me know.

Biggby

Molten Core Raider
I'm poking around the other EMUs so I'll try visions Control... after NL I just can't go back to EZ... can't

Dad Server for ife

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
Yikes, was going to throw a ton of time at this over the weekend and beyond on account of my wife working and starting up clinicals at night.

Melas

Trakanon Raider
Weelp, it was a blast playing this one with you guys. Hopefully something comes along to re-create this type of experience again.

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
What do the EQ live servers look like nowadays? I'm mostly looking to experience the raids I missed out on in PoP and GoD. A fully custom server like Stormhaven won't scratch that itch for me.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
If you want that you ought to look at TAKP or PEQ man. Otherwise DBG has some progression servers, but they feel nothing like it was before.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
This server is 100% done and will never be worth any minute of time. Please move to the other threads if you wish to kill gnolls and orcs.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No idea if anyone's interested since it looks like there are already a couple of other options up, but I have a server called Visions of Grandeur set up. A LOT of things are still wonky, but feel free to give it a poke if you'd like. I've tried to cap it at 50 and the first expansion (other than PoK) until I get a better handle on how everything works though there's still some strangeness to sort out.

I reduced the overall mob strength and dropped the spawn time for the raid mobs to 2 hours. No autoscribe yet, but most/all of the spells are available in PoK.

At the moment, you either start in the tutorial or crescent reach, so I recommend having the tutorial button selected, and then immediately zoning out of the tutorial cave into PoK.

If anyone has any feedback on getting the progression feel tuned (or anything else), just let me know.

Control, is it solo friendly level? What client is recommended?

Thanks,

Pogi

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Well this sucks. Storm haven doesn't interest me at all. I think I'll probably keep fucking around on SirJames test server until it goes dark. I just to be able want to explore the EQ world, without having to rely on full groups of people.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW, the forum guild is <Kate's Hoof>.

Someone named Alethal just made <Rerolled>. No clue who that is.

• 1Like

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Control, is it solo friendly level? What client is recommended?

Thanks,

Pogi

I'd like to get the progression speed feeling like NL, since I think a lot of us felt that it had it pretty much perfect. Solo or 2box for progression and maybe 6man for raids.
I've been tinkering with the server more than playing, so I'm not exactly sure how it stands at the moment but noob-level progression feels pretty similar if you're killing yellows/reds.
For the client, the same install that I'd been using on NL seems to work fine thusfar.
This thread seems to be done, so I'll start another for anyone that wants to give this a try.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah I was over the EZ bot-army method.
And whoever coined it here was correct this was the best Dads Server... If someone is awesome enough to pick up the Nagafen Mantle this is an excellent name.

Anyone tried the Imperium server

Played Imperium for a bit last year. It's a fun server; I didn't play Nagafen's Lair (thankfully) but there are similarities. Two box max, easy duo'ing of everything. MQ avaiable and allowed. You can spawn 2 mercs of any race/class combo per real character, equip them, etc; very customizable. They're very strong at low levels and you will level quite fast. Gear is also mostly tradeable/attune on equip type stuff. Can get some very strong gear at level 1 with help. Flagging, etc to get to each expansion.

After the expansion that follows PoP is custom content. Was 2 or 3 zones when I last played. Much more difficult than the non-custom stuff but very nice rewards. Grouping with real players made it much more fun and easier. Fun server, overall, and might scratch a similar itch that the Nagafen's Lair one did.

Quoting for posterity so everyone knows to avoid this loser in the future.

@Secrets I'm starting to think that you associate yourself with mentally unstable people on purpose.

Tranny's gonna tranny.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clan Hoof is where it's at Hatorade Hatorade . We have 20+ people in guild of varying playtimes. Some doing the slow grind through progression, others forging through the early raid content already. It is similar to NL for raid requirements in that 6 actual players seem to be able to complete most raid content. There's still a ton to see. We have barely scratched the surface. Lots of gear checks on the way up! For leveling up, you can literally play any character solo and have access to Mercs and little healer bot pets.

This server has more GM work done to it than I have seen in any Emu. I can't fathom how many months / years went into building this server.

The really active members in guild seem to be really enjoying the experience. I find it quite interesting as the custom progression pushes you through zones and lore I have never seen before. Currently grinding through Seeds of Destruction content with Zebuxoruk (sp?) sending ppl back in time to zones like Qeynos and adjacent zones before the Bertoxx plague events, Kithicor before the bloody event, Field of Bone before the big battle, etc.

It's not everyone's cup of tea and not really for a Classic / Kunark / Velious nostalgia trip. That said, there are quite a few server options for that elsewhere. If you want something different, come check us out over on Stormhaven!

Last edited:
  • 1Like