EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Nope. His name is Sven, a Male Warrior. And he has a Female Barb Shaman. He's the absolute worst. Terrible player, terrible drama queen, liar, is a loot whore, an asshole, bi-polar (actually that would be a point in his favor, since it'd mean he couldn't help it... he ACTS bi polar, to get away with his shit, like suddenly being helpful with a question to make up for throwing a tantrum, etc.) We were in ToV getting Vulak flag and fighting the Lady next to Koi Doken that silences. We split up monk/cleric/nec and war/shm to fight both dragons at once because... faster, and easy, (Monk/Clr is 65 and heavily aa'd/geared so can duo any of it) and anyways he let his 65 Shaman get perma silenced so that his Warrior died. So then our Monk pulled Koi Doken over to help tank so his Shaman wouldn't also die because that idiot didn't use LoS to avoid silence on his sham. Anyways he gates out immediately on Shaman and afk's as a ragequit. So the 3 of us had to kill both dragons by ourselves. Then later, tells other guildies we trained koi doken on him and killed him...we were in the same group idiot, and there to get you and I vulak flag, why would we train you? Another time we killed AoW for flag, and he threw a fit about rolling for Ring of Destruction, since his alt is Warrior and Ring Of Destruction should go to a Warrior my default! (uh, this isn't prime EQ with raids of 50+ where the tank is everything, this is ezmode server you asshat). Needless to say I didn't make a fuss and let him just loot the ring instead of rolling for it, despite having no rings myself and him having pretty good rings. Then, he goes and farms AoW himself and brags about "finally getting his 2nd Ring of Destruction". Lol that's just some of the shit, but that last part made me lose my shit and log off for the time.

I'm sure some of my guildies will read about this, but I don't care, I can't stand him any more. Might go guildless if I have to deal with him any longer lol. Hopefully /ignore will be enough, but it's tough on such a small server/guild. Sigh, I thought the days of Female Cleric antics were over, but this guy is worse than any I ever remember in prime EQ.

I pretty much farm VP and CT all day every day because I cant duo Velious and Luclin. We should get together with a few others and knock stuff out. Im Luclin flagged but need items from KT and AoW for 65.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... I joined Fabled Europa since most rerolled quit, although there is this really terribly annoying piece of shit in their guild that is driving me absolutely crazy, not sure how much more I can take of him lol. Hopefully more rerolled come back.

Nice to hear you guys found a hoe to continue Nagafen's Lair. I just can't come back and help lead RR guild, as I have 0 progression to make on the server. My SK / SHM had 2 of 4 EP gods dead, full EP armor (minus BP) on the SK, a Blade of War, and all the AA that were useful. The server has been rolled back to a point where most of that gear is unattainable due to broken PoP scripts. The GM himself said this should now be considered a Classic - Luclin experience. So you can imagine myself, and a few other officers and members who were raiding PoP have nothing to gain with this server.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Ye, I had just farmed VT key parts and emp key. It is a bummer, but no way I will do that shit again for basically an emp kill and a VT clear.

Relapse

Trakanon Raider
anyone have any plat they could hook me up with to get the pet aug? I am willing to pay RL money for it if i have too :(

Hosix

All labs matter!
anyone have any plat they could hook me up with to get the pet aug? I am willing to pay RL money for it if i have too :(

I have some plat on my two guys I would be willing to give you. I am over on VoG. Let me know and the plat is yours.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

You can rack up lots of plat fast farming Sebilis or Karnors.

If Seru / Emp horses or the horses from their key mobs are tradeable you can turn them in the bazaar for insane cash.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
You can rack up lots of plat fast farming Sebilis or Karnors.

If Seru / Emp horses or the horses from their key mobs are tradeable you can turn them in the bazaar for insane cash.

Seru/Emp wasnt in, but the Seru mini horses were CASH.

Relapse

Trakanon Raider
hey thanks guys a guy named delkz and taryn in game hooked me up

got to say these folks are some of the nicest people i have every came across playing EQ not only did they hook me up with plat but helped with my 65 quest, VT key and hooked me up with some awesome gear.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
hey thanks guys a guy named delkz and taryn in game hooked me up

got to say these folks are some of the nicest people i have every came across playing EQ not only did they hook me up with plat but helped with my 65 quest, VT key and hooked me up with some awesome gear.

Yeah omg they are amazing. Relapse and I have been having a blast with them. They even passed on rolling for Talisman of Vah Khereth because the other drops were for their classes and not for casters. So Relapse and I rolled (he declined an honorable duel to the death..) and the bastard beat me by 30 out of 1000. I found out for sure from GM that there is no mana/hp regen cap in the code. So 12 FT on one item is huge. I'm at like 28 FT now I think. Need Talisman for 40 + lich = 100 mana a tick ftw.

Loving the server still. Wish there were more people, but having found a good group to hang with has been amazing.

Relapse we are gonna fuck shit up later in Valor. Can't wait till we kill Grummus, maybe later. I got BoT access. But I tried doing some undead charms in PoValor and the charm alaways lasts the full 22mins. And pet flurry/crit aa's work. So I have a pet that is flurrying for 650 and is hasted to hell and back. I need to go farm some Velium Swiftblades from Kael as well. The exp is SICK. All PoP exp is sick, a light blue in PoP will give a full yellow at 65, way more than a dark blue will give outside PoP. So having a 22 minute guaranteed pet that kills mobs in like 12 seconds is insane. I Solod the Sleep Walker with an undead vassal pet, that thing hits for 1100. So much xp.

Zaide what's your char name?

Mmm these stats.

stats.jpg

Last edited:

SirJames

Golden Squire
Nice to hear you guys found a hoe to continue Nagafen's Lair. I just can't come back and help lead RR guild, as I have 0 progression to make on the server. My SK / SHM had 2 of 4 EP gods dead, full EP armor (minus BP) on the SK, a Blade of War, and all the AA that were useful. The server has been rolled back to a point where most of that gear is unattainable due to broken PoP scripts. The GM himself said this should now be considered a Classic - Luclin experience. So you can imagine myself, and a few other officers and members who were raiding PoP have nothing to gain with this server.

Sigh, I've been tolerating your neckbearded attitude towards me and the "new" server since I started it up, but now I'm annoyed. I get it, you don't want to play here. Maze was awesome, I suck. We heard you the first 5 times you said this. Please go play on Storm Haven or whatever and stop sharting on this thread.

For those of you who want to play or come back:
I and another have been testing PoP for the past few days here. Multiple people have been able to flag up to EP without issue. I've started fixing the PoEarth "Ring" events. Last night I ran the whole Fennin Ro script without issue (besides needing to probably tone down the mobs dmg). The fact is we are using the EXACT same quest scripts as other servers, so if ours is broken, others are broken...

As far as I can tell, PoP is not broken as all hell. The scripts are all there and appear to mostly be working. Some mobs will need their dmg / HP scaled.

As people bring PoP issues to me (mobs too hard, scripts broken) I have been fixing them.

Assuming I receive a concise bug report / mob fight report I can do this pretty quickly.

The consensus has been to tune EP+ boss mobs to be 6-10 players. Most named mobs will probably require 2-5 people. Trash will require 1-2. At some point I hope to open LDoN for agus and maybe up the max level to 70 (once more people start getting bored and stop progressing).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Sigh, I've been tolerating your neckbearded attitude towards me and the "new" server since I started it up, but now I'm annoyed. I get it, you don't want to play here. Maze was awesome, I suck. We heard you the first 5 times you said this. Please go play on Storm Haven or whatever and stop sharting on this thread.

I and another have been testing PoP for the past few days here. Multiple people have been able to flag up to EP without issue. I've started fixing the PoEarth "Ring" events. Last night I ran the whole Fennin Ro script without issue (besides needing to probably tone down the mobs dmg). The fact is we are using the EXACT same quest scripts as other servers, so if ours is broken, others are broken...

As far as I can tell, PoP is not broken as all hell. The scripts are all there and appear to mostly be working. Some mobs will need their dmg / HP scaled.

As people bring PoP issues to me (mobs too hard, scripts broken) I have been fixing them.

Assuming I receive a concise bug report / mob fight report I can do this pretty quickly.

The consensus has been to tune EP+ boss mobs to be 6-10 players. Most named mobs will probably require 2-5 people. Trash will require 1-2. At some point I hope to open LDoN for agus and maybe up the max level to 70 (once more people start getting bored and stop progressing).

James is doing an AMAZING job and we have another guy doing some testing as well. Stop being an asshole Jysin. This server is a lot of fun and James and Nisea and a few others have put in a LOT of work to keep it going and help it stay alive for people that want to stay here and enjoy it, and we greatly appreciate it. It's a ton of fun, so stop trying to act like we are insane or crazy for enjoying this server. Things have been getting fixed almost instantaneously, it's amazing. Thank you James, thank you thank you thank you.

My only complaint is the continued no drop on absolutely everything. I solod The Sleep Walker as I just mentioned, a classic PoValor miniboss that drops loot you can sell/give to others, and bam, all his loot is no drop as soon as I loot it. None of it normally is, it's not even attunable, as attunable didnt exist until Omens! Same goes for loot from Storms etc. It's so annoying. It takes a lot of fun out of killing things by yourself and it removes from the community and it fucks with nostalgia. And if that isn't going to be changed, the price to deattune needs to be reduced drastically.

And something needs to be done to make casters closer to melee. On this server, melee are just way way more powerful than casters because of the huge increase in damage/delay on weapons. The server aug doesn't do nearly enough. It's good, but it's not enough. Even if a Wizard had 100 FT with the no FT cap here, they'd almost definitely get out damaged by just about any melee with decent weapons. The server aug needs to be doubled in every respect imo. If I'd have known I'd have never made a caster. But still, these are small complaints. Progression works, scripts are doing okay, we have 2 dedicated GM's almost always on, helping people, reflagging people, talking thru issues. This isn't even remotely close to a "low support" server. I'm glad people are coming back. More will join the server when they see how fun it is and how much support it gets.

Last edited:

vector5

Molten Core Raider
So SirJames, due to the rollback I completely lost my 65 zerker with around 420 aa and in the middle of VT flag. Is it possible to get him back just the way he was gear and all?

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Nisea said he can restore your level, flags, AAs and 3 items, if you recreate your toon.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
What's the new forums address? Someone had given it to me in ooc, but was on a work laptop and wasn't able to save it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

James is doing an AMAZING job and we have another guy doing some testing as well. Stop being an asshole Jysin. This server is a lot of fun and James and Nisea and a few others have put in a LOT of work to keep it going and help it stay alive for people that want to stay here and enjoy it, and we greatly appreciate it. It's a ton of fun, so stop trying to act like we are insane or crazy for enjoying this server. Things have been getting fixed almost instantaneously, it's amazing. Thank you James, thank you thank you thank you...

Wasn't meant as a dig at your server. In fact I said I was glad people had a place to continue NL. I quoted someone who said they wished more RR would come back, I simply said I had no interest in helping to lead or play. That was also based on the information I was given when you opened and stated "there wouldn't be any big fixes and to consider the server a Classic - Luclin experience". I am paraphrasing, but that was the gist of what I was told in Discord. So for me, personally, that statement gave me no reason to come back. Had I known stuff was going to get re-tweaked and fixed again, I probably would have came back to be honest.

Again, so we are clear, I am glad you got this working again for people. If you'd like a list of PoP bugs we worked with Maze to get fixed, PM me in Discord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Finished my warriors epic today. Shoutout to Ridas and Relapse for help in Chardok. It is pretty crazy how much effort is needed to complete that quest. I cant fathom how difficult it was in live without all the advantages we have on this server.

One question, do you need luclin access to do the lich earring quest?