EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nice, grats Daly! I got mine a little over a month ago with help from Xenos. No one is ever on in the guild. :(

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished my warriors epic today. Shoutout to Ridas and Relapse for help in Chardok. It is pretty crazy how much effort is needed to complete that quest. I cant fathom how difficult it was in live without all the advantages we have on this server.

As someone who main played a War back in the day, it was one of the most difficult before SoE later made changes. Back in its original form the blade from Queen Chardok was not always dropped. Queen was arguably one of the tougher Kunark raids of the day. Super fast densely packed trash respawn that often had SoW, so one missed snare meant a hell of a train and wipe. Queen herself had that bard type AE that would decimate raids. She dropped the blade maybe 1 in 10 kills before it was changed to drop every time.

Green scale used to only drop from Severilious. This was a massive bottleneck, as he was a 1 week RL respawn and it wasn't a common drop. SoE later upped its drop rate and also added a green scale to the drop table of Hoshkar in VP.

Total raid drops you needed:
Ancient Blade: Queen Chardok - approx. 1 in 10 kill droprate
Green Scale: Severilious - uncommon
Red Scale: Naggy or Talendor
Wingblade: Spiroc Lord (death touching 5th isle boss in PoSky) - didn't drop every time
Golem Ball: Fright, Dread, or Terror in PoFear
Hand of Maestro: Maestro of Rancor in PoHate
Block of Permafrost: Ice Giants in Permafrost - uncommon

Sure, every class had their issues. Some with some big singular bottlenecks like Ragefire, etc. But warrior had a shitload of raid drops required with massive RL respawn times an entire server was competing for. This was hugely difficult and a massive pain in the ass for a Kunark geared / real Kunark era playerbase. I don't think any other class had it nearly as bad.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Nice, grats Daly! I got mine a little over a month ago with help from Xenos. No one is ever on in the guild. :(

thanks! I think most of the returning players moved to other guilds.

But yeah, as for the epic the green scale is what kept me from advancing any further in live. I remember camping Sev for days and then he finally spawned at like 5am and of course my guild only had like 5 people on at the time. Top guild rolled through 30 minutes later and stole my glory. Doing this and playing this game in general without showeq also seems like a huge pita looking back.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... Doing this and playing this game in general without showeq also seems like a huge pita looking back.

There were other tricks we used before 3rd party programs were mainstream. We used SoE's own buggy code for tracking across zone in Kunark era. I remember using /guildinvite Trakanon_01 as a command. If it returned "player not found", he wasn't up. If it returned "You may only invite player characters to your guild", he was up. There were a couple others I am forgetting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Ye, every active Rerolled I saw is in Europa. Except Daly for some reason.Join up so we can group better =)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Haha, I really have no idea why I havent asked to join up. Ill be playing today (hopefully) and will try to get an invite.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Joined Europa! Looking to do the Lich earring and or get flagged for Luclin this weekend if anyone else needs it or can help.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Sven isn't so bad as I said. He can be really helpful and nice most of the times. When nobody else would explain the obscure Lich earring details to me, he gave me a play by play of the whole quest. I guess some people just rub each other the wrong way and we had a few miscommunications. Everyone in Europa is great. People are helpful and nice and committed to keeping the server thriving. People work together to come up with solutions to things and ideas for how to improve the server, etc.

But yeah, still love this server. Loads of fun. And rather than what it originally said re: little support. I think it's the opposite. I've always been able to get GM help almost instantly, it's crazy.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yea pretty sure Sail's initials plans of minimal support lasted like a week. Dude basically fixes or helps with users needs almost instantly.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I started back up on Nag. I gave Control's server a go for a while, and he put together a phenomenal server, but I didn't want to level and faction grind my pally again. GM on Nag gave me my levels, flags, and epic back (had finished it like a day before the wipe). Sad I lost some nice stuff from VP and other boss drops. I'm still in Rerolled for now but if you see Drakain or Briannen running around give a holler.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Hey... newbie here. Is there a forum, website, or maybe someone can help with a FAQ to this server?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Hey... newbie here. Is there a forum, website, or maybe someone can help with a FAQ to this server?
nlemu.ga

That's the new site, everything else should be similar to the OP. Exp is boosted, mobs are 30% weaker in vanilla then they get a bit harder. I think most items are a boosted too. Expansions are locked until you get flags from certain mobs. There is some custom content to unlock the original planes and to unlock 61-65. Post your character name(s) here when you get started. People are awesome at helping new players out.