EQMac Now Free to Play

It's just prick kids being little pricks. When I was a kid there were no MMO's so kids like that would pull the legs off crickets. Nowadays they kill the sleeper, same thing. People who have problems in their life but the inability to handle them, tend to want to force some of their misery on to others. It's a natural thing, a survival instinct, and a cry for help, all rolled in to one. Some kids wear makeup and become goths, some just act like asshats.

They will be feeling pretty good about now. Even hatred from others is some attention which they are otherwise starved of. They can't get respect or attention by doing something good or positive so they resort to doing something horrible. It's a more hollow victory, but at least its a victory in their eyes.

It's amazing how text book they are actually. But whatever, I feel sorry for whoever this affects. For people like me it means absolutely zilch.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I feel sorry for whoever this affects. For people like me it means absolutely zilch.
You're a nostalgic and excited new EQM player, it affects you. You'll never be able to play in the original ST now. It doesn't affect the established old timers, now they just have new shit to farm.

Off the Left_sl

shitlord
Faggots acting like they really stuck it to the AK old timers! Too bad you gave them new items to farm from a zone most of them were long done with. The only people this hurts are those of us that were actually new, hoping to be able to raid a nostalgic zone again.
This makes me sad. I was planning on starting on EQMac soon, but if there are massive trolls there then I might just go find another game to play.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well, they supposedly did it as a goodbye to the server. Hopefully they're gone for good.

Off the Left_sl

shitlord
Nah the storm is pretty much over. Most of those fucktards are gone now.
Maybe it was a blessing in disguise for your server then. But my other hurdle is that I do not have a Mac. I have heard about the PC workaround, but it sounds like it is highly frowned up by your server. Not sure what to do honestly.

I use Virtual Demensions for boxing. ALL it does is split your desktop into a bunch of mini desktops that you can cycle through with hot keys,
Been using this tonight, it's really great! My only issue is that sometimes the Alt key seems to get stuck down and I can't do anything until it clears up. You ever have something like that happen?

You're a nostalgic and excited new EQM player, it affects you. You'll never be able to play in the original ST now. It doesn't affect the established old timers, now they just have new shit to farm.
Well I don't really like raiding anyway. It's a great way of turning a fun game in to something far too serious. I am mostly interested in just doing dungeons. I've had a blast this past month and I've never left the old world.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise for your server then. But my other hurdle is that I do not have a Mac. I have heard about the PC workaround, but it sounds like it is highly frowned up by your server. Not sure what to do honestly.
Just don't admit it :p The kind of people who frown upon PC users are not worth your time anyway. They are the irrational extremist types who are annoying in any walk of life. I can understand why they wouldn't want hackers and stuff coming in, but it's totally moronic to look down upon PC users in general.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Some people really get off on rustling online jimmies.
Yes, it's called sadism. Never in my 20 years of online gaming have I encountered more sadistic players than those in IB/TR from P99, aka TSE on EQMac. Sociopath isn't strong enough of a word, really. Being sociopathic (aka psychopathic) simply means an inability to feel shame, guilt, or remorse. It's another level of illness to take pleasure in the misery you sew. These kind of people make their real life relatives absolutely miserable. I feel sorry for their real life friends and family.

Psychopathy cannot be diagnosed in minors by definition, because a true concern for others is something even normal small children haven't yet developed. Also, some people never really grow up emotionally. For whatever reason, the project 1999 community is full of these people. You would expect such an old game to have a more mature community, but for whatever reason, the p99 forum is a cesspool of immaturity. It'll be hard to go back to p99 when they release velious. I probably wouldn't if I didn't have friends to insulate myself with.

Off the Left_sl

shitlord
Just don't admit it :p The kind of people who frown upon PC users are not worth your time anyway. They are the irrational extremist types who are annoying in any walk of life. I can understand why they wouldn't want hackers and stuff coming in, but it's totally moronic to look down upon PC users in general.
Yeah I'm definitely not interested in Mac/PC fanboyism. Looking down on someone for their computing device of choice is pretty stupid, and I have seen some of that on the EQMac forum. As far as the PC workaround, I guess I haven't looked into enough yet, but from what I heard it sounds like it was something shady.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I'm definitely not interested in Mac/PC fanboyism. Looking down on someone for their computing device of choice is pretty stupid, and I have seen some of that on the EQMac forum. As far as the PC workaround, I guess I haven't looked into enough yet, but from what I heard it sounds like it was something shady.
If this is your primary concern I HIGHLY suggest you play with people that you know/trust over going at it solo. If you play solo and on a pc you better spew the most disgusting Mac love rhetoric you've ever had to say in your life in order to be accepted by the general culture of eqmac.

The client actually works great, there are one or two minor bugs but I very rarely come across them. The community can be snooty at times but not all of them are assholes, plenty of really nice folks, and if you don't admit to using the PC version nobody would know any different. I actually suspect that about a third of players on the server are in fact already using the PC hack too...

Just steer clear of the forums.

Silver Knight of the Realm
Zone should remain barren and the EQmac community should take this as a lesson to treat people with respect.
Bro, you've got my respect. Now all these people can get the best item in the game (dwarf mask). A few rustled jimmies vs being able to turn into a goddam dwarf? Worth it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
People play on the server for nostalgia and you think giving them an updated zone is a good thing.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
For people like me it means absolutely zilch.
Actually it does. How likely do you think it is that Secrets will release another version of the hack with a fixed bazaar search and no lag after this? This griefing also serves to encourage Hobart to disable the hack as well if he is on the fence about it. That is why Relapse kept 'thanking' Secrets for the hack. He wants it disabled so you can't play anymore.

Well there are always trolls in every game, if this one is so fragile that one asshat and his buddies can destroy it, then it was never going to last anyway. Personally I think everything will be just fine and it's good they are gone. And really, SOE must have known what would happen when they created the sleeper concept in the first place. The EQ world has villains, just like real life. It could be worse, we could be playing any of the other MMO's out there where villains just don't even exist because the whole world is child proofed.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
If this is your primary concern I HIGHLY suggest you play with people that you know/trust over going at it solo. If you play solo and on a pc you better spew the most disgusting Mac love rhetoric you've ever had to say in your life in order to be accepted by the general culture of eqmac.
Played for years on a hackintosh in plain daylight, never had a problem. I don't give a shit about mac but i'm not against the mac community either. I think it's more a matter of not acting like a fucking sociopath and you'll have no problem getting along on EQmac? Coming on the server with the OMG YOU ALL SUCK YOU MACFAGS WE GONNA OWN THIS mentality wasn't going to get you very popular.
We have many members using the PC hack, no one has any problem with it, Free to play is really where shit hit the fan for EQmac.