EQMac Now Free to Play

Toogood_sl

shitlord
considering i haven't took a drink of alcohol in 4 months. Seems like you know me exactly keep spewing 12 yr old garbage what is nxt WANT TO FIGHT IN RL? you are a great spokesman for such a prestigious EQmac guild. I would be upset 2 if my guild were a bunch corrupt uptight faggots.. who has been trying to kill the same content for 10 years. Will Quarm die b4 all of you reach your mid 60's?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
My bad. My attempt was weak, though, so they paid no attention to it. Pass the popcorn?
Nah you're right, dragged into a useless fight just because he's that obnoxious (not just here mind you) and pretty much everything i hate in life packed into one person. No more.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ya you basically hate my guild which isn't really important, i basically hate you for what you are, not for anything in game, and went too far. I did get mad but not over pixels, over what you represent, in the end i was pointless!

Toogood_sl

shitlord
looks like your officers told you to quit making your guild look even more retarded and you have since shut the fuck up...AMIRITE

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Nah not even, it just leads nowhere to hate on you for what you are on a MMO forum!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider

korzax_sl

shitlord
They have released the new client via test. Test client runs on live because there is no test server. If they were going to change anything in the way the data is handled, then the test client wouldn't work. Also, do you really think they want to test a new way of handling the data on a live server? They would have to release untested server code plus untested client code at the same time. Spell database fixes are not going to stop the PC client from working either. Don't worry, be happy.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Try this .rar file. As far as I know installation instructions are:

Place into C:\eqmac\uifiles\default folder
Load in-game
???
Win.

I'm not actively playing EQMAC so I cannot test this out for you. This is the same UI that I used.

As always, virus scan anything you download from the internet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dxy83a3zz6o6o11

Don't worry, be happy.
I can do that. I was playing today and it's so cool. I did some Sol A, the xp was a huge let down but I got a bunch of nice bits of gear for my characters. A couple of obsidian thingy earings with +3, some kobald shoes, sleeves with some wis and mana preservation, and I think a little robe or something. Not bad for one run!

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
They have released the new client via test. Test client runs on live because there is no test server. If they were going to change anything in the way the data is handled, then the test client wouldn't work. Also, do you really think they want to test a new way of handling the data on a live server? They would have to release untested server code plus untested client code at the same time. Spell database fixes are not going to stop the PC client from working either. Don't worry, be happy.
The test client is just a couple of simple fixes like beastlord MGB. Hobart said in chat that he was going to implement more substantial changes later. If he is changing network packets, then I would assume he is going to do something like add eqmac to their new login infrastructure. He could copy and paste login code from other games and dramatically alter the way the game handles logins in a short period of time, requiring a very sophisticated hack. Spell data I would imagine would be a simple file copy though.

I do have some hope that a PC client of some sort will work, or I would stop investing all my time here. I can't imagine Hobart adding anything that would make hacks impossible, just more difficult. It's just that only a few hundred people play here, so expecting the client to be rehacked isn't nearly as guaranteed as it is for other systems.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Pretty surprised he reset the sleeper. All the crying in the world didn't change things on live.

Macfag tears are special tears I guess.
I don't think you're in any position to call someone a fag considering how quickly you would swallow some dick for "classic EQ".

It's just that only a few hundred people play here, so expecting the client to be rehacked isn't nearly as guaranteed as it is for other systems.
But all the more reason to save the PC people. They might think twice about breaking something that would lose the PC players, or maybe someone will be even more desperate to make a new hack.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
But all the more reason to save the PC people. They might think twice about breaking something that would lose the PC players, or maybe someone will be even more desperate to make a new hack.
SOE doesn't exactly want more people on AK. They tried to shut the server down once, they'd probably be happy if it died due to underpopulation.

It'll probably get some fresh faces soon though, if the rumors about LoY being added are true. Bank slots, armor dye, maps, etc.