EQMac Now Free to Play

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the help you two. Managed to log on, though all my usual Alex names are taken.
tongue.png

Rolled a ranger named Kimbers. woo woo

Tulain_sl

shitlord
Non-Critical Fix: FYI for PC players you should deletespellsnew.effandspellsnew.eddfrom yourC:/eqmacdirectory to repair spell particles to classic era. Currently the PC hack cannot render the PoP style particle effects provided in EQMAC. If you do not delete these two files then the level progression of the particles will be broken and missing particles from heals, buffs, and many other spells will occur.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Got this running but am getting XML errors everytime I zone and it resets my UI. Any work arounds for this? Do pets always despawn on zone or is it the xml errors causing it?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Make sure you have the newui=true set in the .ini file and see if that fixes your UI. And yes, pets don't persist through zoning/camping in this era.

Zacx_sl

shitlord
Heyas,

I got a hackintosh running on my laptop, but performance is very poor on the HD3000 video card.

Has anybody had experience running OSX on VMWare?
I tried it before, but had issues with the virtual video card adapter showing up with 0MB VRAM, and thus not letting you run any 3D applications (couldn't run games). I have a Sandy Bridge i2500K processor which does not support VT-d virtualisation technology.

If I was to purchase a better processor that supports VT-d, would that make my NVIDIA 660 GTX card be passed-through the VMWare software into OSX, and thus enable me to run games properly?

I saw somebody mention it in this threadhttp://forums.station.sony.com/eq/in...t-please.3131/
f you own a legal copy of the Mac OS X, you can actually "install" the Mac OS on your PC through some type of Virtualization program with the install. Then of course just install the EQ Mac Client on your Mac Install. VMWare is what many corporations tend to use to do this (works with a multitude of OSes), including the company I work for. But it can be extremely pricy for an individual to buy at the normal price, and then of course you need a legal copy of the OS you want to virtualize.

Luckily, I actually got myself VMWare very cheap at my job since... it's literally what we normally work with heh. So a small group of my co-workers have been playing on Al'kabor every so often this way.

For VMWare, it runs extremely well for me inside the Virtualization since it will use all your normal hardware (ie video card, CPU, etc). The emulated IO reads for load/zoning times is the only notable performance hit. Also with VMWare since you're running an extra OS inside your normal OS, it gobbles 1k memory just to run the naked extra OS. If you're extremely low on memory it could be an issue. But it's entertaining seeing the EQ Mac Client run inside the Mac OS, inside Windows.
and then someone said
There's no QE/CI support in VMWare. I don't think that's possible. N/M must be VT-d
Would be great if anyone can share their experience with this before I spend $500 on a new processor.

Thanks heaps !

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I'd love to know how they were able to do that. I've yet to find a way to pass 3D successfully to VMware with OSX.

My VMware Hackintosh won't launch EQ at all. Says no 3D devices detected, and I've tried everything I can think of.

Greynth_sl

shitlord
I managed to log in with a new toon, but I remembered that I didn't change the UI to the Luclin one. So I made the recommended changes in the ini file, but now I can't get past the initial loading screen right before character selection. What gives? This has been a major headache for me.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I managed to log in with a new toon, but I remembered that I didn't change the UI to the Luclin one. So I made the recommended changes in the ini file, but now I can't get past the initial loading screen right before character selection. What gives? This has been a major headache for me.
Your antivirus caught the EQW.dll and quarantined it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I disabled Avast, re-extracted Secrets' file, tried to rerun and it still crashes at the same place.
If the last thing you did was make UI changes, back them out and try again. You probably missed something and the UI is crashing.

Greynth_sl

shitlord
I reinstalled everything, remembered to fix the resolution, and have now logged in. Now, could anyone assist me on permanently allowing WSOCK32.dll and eqw.dll to not be "caught" by Avast, so i don't have to keep disabling and copying Secret's hack? Also, I can't seem to get the client into true full screen. Thanks for the assistance!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
How's EQMac doing these days? Was thinking about getting my dose of nostalgia in and was curious how the lower levels were doing?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm about to start playing again, lemme find my character name and ill post it. I tried vanguard but all it did was make me want to play some EQmac. Will edit this with my toon name in a bit if anyone cares to hit me up.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else unable to connect to the odd mac patch server? I know it can be wonky and goes up and down but i've been reloading that page for like nearly a day now and it's still not working.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got it working. I typically play on Jehkar(36 Paladin). Hit me up or PM me if you're looking for someone to group with.

vishnu_sl

shitlord
I'm going to start dicking around on eqmac again. I'm looking for a group of guys that want to logon at the same time everyday for a few hours. otherwise this game is shit lfg all the time. I have some old toons on this server that are level 65 I just recovered so it don't matter what kind of toons you have as we can really just start at level 1. I'm in the CST zone and I work nights, so i'm looking for some guys to play during the day. hit me up with a pm if you are interested.