EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Funny how recent events have flip-flopped my hype. Still waiting for what EQN brings, but Landmark has me excited so I upgraded to $100 premium sucker tier. Also, I love the Jeremy Soule track too, fuck the hate. Dave said for EQN proper he'll be pulling the Norrath heartstrings so I'm sure it'll be goddamn amazing.
I've been on this wagon but I was also hoping Brad would do better. This game keeps looking better every time they post new stuff. Really impressed with this team so far and can't wait for ponytail's EQN effort.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
If it's an Imac in the past couple years you are good , believe even the low end ones video cards would beat the minimum spec.

And if you mean a recent Macbook Pro retina it will do it too as long as it's the one with dedicated GPU and not just the intel one. The nvidia 750m meets the minimum.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have experience with bootcamp? I'm rocking an iMac and a Macbook Retina...obviously I picked the wrong OS.
I use Bootcamp for my gaming needs. Less these days, almost all of my games work natively, I just boot it every second wednesday of the month (for the monthly patches). Otherwise, it works perfectly fine, and yes, it runs Win7 64 bits.

If you have a 27" iMac or a recent 21, you're good. An older 21 iMac or your Macbook retina, not so much.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am forced by FFXIV to be in Windows the majority of my time :[

Just create a partition using Disk Utility in OS X, put in a Windows dvd and hold option during startup, pick the CD and install. You may need to get Bootcamp drivers from the Apple support site for your shit to work right.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also, I love the Jeremy Soule track too, fuck the hate. Dave said for EQN proper he'll be pulling the Norrath heartstrings so I'm sure it'll be goddamn amazing.
Does that mean that Soule may rework some of Jay Barbeau's original Everquest songs into a more orchestral form? I guess not since they would need Barbeau's permission for that, but if they would have that then that could be *amazing*. Would probably buy alone for that. Maybe Soe owns the copyright for the music, that is possible.

There was a guy that did a simple rework of the Bard Guild song that you hear when you are near the Qeynos Bard Guild: it is still pretty much the same tune but slightly more orchestrated.

Here is that reworked version:http://treesong.home.xs4all.nl/Qeynosbardguild.mp3
Original version:http://treesong.home.xs4all.nl/original.mp3

Imagine what Soule could do to some of those tunes.

Alpha Specs were posted

Minimum System Requirements:

OS ? Windows 7 64 bit
Processor ? Intel i5 Dual Core or higher / AMD Phenom X3 or higher
Memory ? 4GB RAM
Had Drive ? 20GB Free
Video Memory ? 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card ? nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher
Sound Card ? DirectX compatible
Internet ? Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)

Recommended System Requirements:

OS ? Windows 7 64 bit
Processor ? Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
Memory ? 8GB RAM
Had Drive ? 20GB Free
Video Memory ? 1,024 MB RAM
Video Card ? nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
Sound Card ? DirectX compatible
Internet ? Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)
Wow. That's no World of Warcraft cartoons can run on crap systems spec list.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Aren't the $100 people supposed to be able to play this this week?
There has been nothing official about when we'll be able to get in, other than by 2/28. There's a lot going on this week, though, so it seems like it will be imminent.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
smed last night:

Since you guys are oogling music, he also tweeted:

Gonna be a long weekend.
It's boners all the way down. For anyone who is a Jeremy Soule fan who hasn't found it yet,DirectSonghas much of his music available for purchase, although some of the recent stuff, like Skyrim and GW2 only have the physical versions available.

Itz may be a Blizzard whore and completely wrong in this case but he will always be my Eve Goonwars correspondent. <brofist>

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Smed doing an AAMA at 3pm. He said it on twitter, and will drop link there.. I'm at work.. In case you guys want to ask him some stuff..

Lenas

Trump's Staff
From SOE's new all-access plan FAQ:

We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes,and the upcoming EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6, and 12 month plans). We're also finalizing membership benefits to other games such as Dragon's Prophet and will share these new updates as available.
First confirmation that I've seen about EQN/L having some sort of subscription tiers available.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Yeah, I had wondered about that. Now I'm interested in finding out what goodies subs will get.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
The announcement is not about Alpha. - Dexella

We also, with very heavy hearts, announced that four of our games (Free Realms, Clone Wars Adventures, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and Wizardry Online) are set to sunset this year. You can read those announcements on those respective games' forums. - Dexella