EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The exploring/resource-gathering is one of the more interesting components for me. That said, I hope they will implement guild claims or make joining claims have some upkeep benefit, so people can build massive structures with teamwork, a la Minecraft.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Soygen,

I agree. The ability to link claims should be a selling point and is very important to me. The best creations would probably be a group effort and isn't that exactly what they want to see? I'd love to see the extensive creations some groups could create.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think I will have to wait and see how the linking claims is handled and how many 1 person can sustain on their own(I don't trust the 3-4 for a "casual" statement) without having to be super hardcore and hopefully not involve a lot of $, the latter which I am more concerned and hopefully not nickle and dime. Now just how long I have to wait for that, as paying for alpha from a company like SOE is a big no no, so maybe late beta I will buy in as it seems they wont do usual invites when they can make money off it instead.

He has somehow managed to be one of the most vocal detractors of the game while simultaneously not knowing a god damn thing about it.
Actually , my only "Detraction" was and is the pay for alpha bullshit from a company like SOE, nothing at all against the actual game unless you count my minor grievance with claim size when it was announced, so get your facts straight dipshit.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Honestly the mix of the exploration with the building is what got me to buy in. If it was purely building and zero exploring and resource gathering I wouldn't even have looked at it. I'm hoping it does get me into the building aspect also as I'd like to , but Minecraft just wasn't my thing on it's own.

But set even remotely EQ'ish , with a decent soundtrack and exploring in a huge world is a way to make me invest time in the building part also.

Worst case I'll claim a good spot with my early access claim , build my shanty and go around mining to hell and back.

Very weird I know , but something about that seems like it can amuse me.

(of course it also says something about the current shit state of PC gaming in general for me)

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bought an alpha pack, would also be interested in building next to a Rerolled village/conglomerate if there is one.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Would be interesting even if not linked to see what we can build. Also would be kind of cool if they held competitions to see who could build something the fastest.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
EQNL twitter giving away founder pack codes all week.

Are you following @EQNLandmark? We're going to be posting Founder's Pack codes throughout the week (Settler, Explorer, & #Trailblazer). ~Dex

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
rrr_img_58206.png

Column_sl

shitlord
Well, Im a sucker.

I invested in the top tier package. I liked allot of what I saw with EQ next, and Landmark so this will probly be a MMO I play unless it just sucks ass.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Welcome Column , caved in myself a few months ago for the top tier package. At least we get to run around the the finery clothes while looking down on the peasantry.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bought an alpha pack, would also be interested in building next to a Rerolled village/conglomerate if there is one.
I hate building games but this is sounding really cool to me, if we have some kind of group project in the works I'd consider getting the alpha package to contribute.

EDIT: Saw this under each founder's pack "You will receive these items on or before February 28, 2014". Does this mean the Alpha will go live on that day or just the day you get your codes? I apologize if this has already been discussed.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I hate building games but this is sounding really cool to me, if we have some kind of group project in the works I'd consider getting the alpha package to contribute.

EDIT: Saw this under each founder's pack "You will receive these items on or before February 28, 2014". Does this mean the Alpha will go live on that day or just the day you get your codes? I apologize if this has already been discussed.
It means the latest alpha might start is Feb 28th. It's looking like it'll start this week though.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Picked up the Explorer's pack. If anyone want's to screw around in game when alpha launches let me know.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
Two questions, maybe someone has a solid answer. The top two tier packages say Alpha access, but is it going to be a wave of invites that roll out or is everyone with alpha access going to be invited on day 1? If it's a wave, do the people paying $99 get priority over those paying $59. Additionally, if I put down $59 for the middle tier pack today and decide I really dig the game and want to upgrade to the $99 pack, can I do so and just pay the $40 difference?

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Two questions, maybe someone has a solid answer. The top two tier packages say Alpha access, but is it going to be a wave of invites that roll out or is everyone with alpha access going to be invited on day 1? If it's a wave, do the people paying $99 get priority over those paying $59. Additionally, if I put down $59 for the middle tier pack today and decide I really dig the game and want to upgrade to the $99 pack, can I do so and just pay the $40 difference?
Afaik, and from everything they have said, I believe either one is first day access. They also said you could upgrade, but I am not sure if the trailblazer goes away once Alpha starts. Knowing SOE with EQ2, you will likely be able to pay the difference in Alpha, and possibly beta / launch.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There has been no discussion to my knowledge of how they will roll out invites to the Alpha. Been following this very closely as well.

As far as upgrading. You can upgrade any time during the Alpha. There are a few perks though that are limited time. (Titles, and a boost) No concrete info on how long that will stay up.

EDIT: Website on the limited time perks says they are available through the Alpha stage.

Kaljin

N00b
Well, Im a sucker.

I invested in the top tier package. I liked allot of what I saw with EQ next, and Landmark so this will probly be a MMO I play unless it just sucks ass.
I'm in the same boat and oh so close to doing the same thing. I am willing to fork out the top tier for this, heck I've done worse for other games like Brad's latest project so why not with something like EQ:L? I atleast know it'll be coming out.