EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I finally made my cobalt pick last night after hours of sapphire hunting. Got a shitty green one of course. Then I realized that every attempt at the Indigo pick, requires a cobalt pick, which requires another 90 sapphires. Doh!

I'm sure this project is far enough along that it is either going to have this or not and I probably missed it, but...I would like it if some zones or tiers had premade boss or monster castles/lairs that could be attacked or even defeated ala Lord Nagafen and Solb or Sebillis type area for higher tiers zones and a guk or najena for lower tiers. Monster raids could sometimes originate from them so that not every tier is a free for fall claim fest with seemingly no danger. I would like to be able to capture some creatures from these areas and set them to work at my plot/creation. They could be converted to guards with user set aggro parameters or npcs (bartenders, crafters, gatherers for my plot only, alchemists and such that increase the production rate or crafting ability of other captured npcs or myself). Who wouldn't want 'a Fire Giant' as a bouncer? This would fill our own plots with characters that belong to the plot owner instead of just all real people coming and going to use crafting stations and not sticking around. This way people have a reason to visit and perhaps linger at other people's plots. Let's say someone has built *whatever* and by defeating/capturing evil npcs they could increase their fame. At a certain fame level, perhaps npcs will have a chance to arrive at your plot and offer to work. Bards to sing and provide unique background music (maybe upload our own music or chat dialogue so that plot owners could create their own quests with rewards), wizards to wizard and warriors to offer sometimes to go on npc raids with you. Not too sure about the ability to destroy creations but at least all those tavern's, inns, forts and houses on mountain tops (or anywhere else) wont be empty. It may even be a nice way to introduce quest lines via dialogue with captured npcs or wandering npcs that offer their services...

Ah well just a thought to counter the mining/building what the fuck do I do now moments.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So I finally made my cobalt pick last night after hours of sapphire hunting. Got a shitty green one of course. Then I realized that every attempt at the Indigo pick, requires a cobalt pick, which requires another 90 sapphires. Doh!
Start digging that stone bitch.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm sure this project is far enough along that it is either going to have this or not and I probably missed it, but...I would like it if some zones or tiers had premade boss or monster castles/lairs that could be attacked or even defeated ala Lord Nagafen and Solb or Sebillis type area for higher tiers zones and a guk or najena for lower tiers. Monster raids could sometimes originate from them so that not every tier is a free for fall claim fest with seemingly no danger. I would like to be able to capture some creatures from these areas and set them to work at my plot/creation. They could be converted to guards with user set aggro parameters or npcs (bartenders, crafters, gatherers for my plot only, alchemists and such that increase the production rate or crafting ability of other captured npcs or myself). Who wouldn't want 'a Fire Giant' as a bouncer? This would fill our own plots with characters that belong to the plot owner instead of just all real people coming and going to use crafting stations and not sticking around. This way people have a reason to visit and perhaps linger at other people's plots. Let's say someone has built *whatever* and by defeating/capturing evil npcs they could increase their fame. At a certain fame level, perhaps npcs will have a chance to arrive at your plot and offer to work. Bards to sing and provide unique background music (maybe upload our own music or chat dialogue so that plot owners could create their own quests with rewards), wizards to wizard and warriors to offer sometimes to go on npc raids with you. Not too sure about the ability to destroy creations but at least all those tavern's, inns, forts and houses on mountain tops (or anywhere else) wont be empty. It may even be a nice way to introduce quest lines via dialogue with captured npcs or wandering npcs that offer their services...

Ah well just a thought to counter the mining/building what the fuck do I do now moments.
The things you wants are most likely going to be in EQN, not Landmark.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The things you wants are most likely going to be in EQN, not Landmark.
I'm really hoping the AI tools are going to be nice and flexible. While I doubt we'll be seeing any kind of premade structures put into the game there shouldn't be anything stopping players from placing bosses on their claims for others to fight and maybe even having the ability to create loot tables for those bosses or some kind of reward.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Here is how I got rid of mine (I had a bunch of those trees you could not even right-click on to get rid of them).
- Used selection tool to highlight the whole tree/rock and deleted
- Deleted my claim
- Reclaimed the same spot

It took two tries but the second time, when the claim 'reset' after the delete, the trees were gone.
hmmm that kinda sucks as the trees are literally going through my structures ...
Ill just uproot and move to a T3 map

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
hmmm that kinda sucks as the trees are literally going through my structures ...
Ill just uproot and move to a T3 map
Don't waste your time moving your claim. This is a known bug and should be addressed into today's patch.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Perhaps I'll wait then... Not like I have anything of value built yet...but thanks for the info
smile.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Plus the rubies. As said elsewhere, if you can find a Tradesman Sifter (anyone got one of those around?), Sapphires are not that big a problem.

The only mandatory use of the Indigo pick is to dig Mithril to make a Mihtril one. For current content, the Cobalt Pick digs anything, so making a good Cobalt Pick >> making an Indigo one. So don't obsess about it. You'll have the same situation at tier 5 with Mithril/Mithirium, with the added bonus that the Mithrium Pick won't dig anything that the Mithril one won't, so it's really extra fluff.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
For current content, the Cobalt Pick digs anything, so making a good Cobalt Pick
I don't think the cobalt pick does Alabaster so there is a little bit of a reason to get the Indigo pick.

if you can find a Tradesman Sifter (anyone got one of those around?)
Yes, here's map to my spot on Liberation -> Vent
rrr_img_60125.jpg

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Plus the rubies. As said elsewhere, if you can find a Tradesman Sifter (anyone got one of those around?), Sapphires are not that big a problem.
Is that the sifter with the cotton bags? I did 30 bags last night and got 2 sapphires. Is there a better 'gem bag'?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Game needs a toggle for mouselook. Is there an in-game system for feedback? I've been using /bug for feedback and bugs.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm thinking of buying this although I hate paying to alpha. Can anyone explain what is the main difference between the $99 pack and the $59 alphas?

Thanks for any info

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh, read the difference between the two on the founder buying page? That's the only difference, the things listed.