Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You do get the bonus from Halfling though which I actually swapped from as well after the grind was done. It's like a free perma XP potion that stacks with others if your class can go Halfling.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Does Tikkle still play? Haven't seen his stream in a while.

Were race change pots available at launch on Phinny?

Sterling

El Presidente
Does Tikkle still play? Haven't seen his stream in a while.

Were race change pots available at launch on Phinny?
Not sure about the potions, no reason to change from being a glorious gnome. Tikkle is still around, still RMTing to maintain his lifestyle.

Sterling

El Presidente
Hey summer is perfect for me man. Like no time better. The most fun I had since original was with you guys. If Korrupt Korrupt @Grisvok sukik sukik Sterling Sterling @Chanur etc play you can count me in. I'm AFK until June.

BTW I'm in deals with a sponsor ATM for my upcoming Twitch channel.

BLOG_BANNER_Redline_Xtreme.jpg
If you're drinking that, you might as well just do a line of coke instead, probably tastes better. Also, I'd probably be interested in doing the race to 50 and first dragon/god kills and all of that if I could have a preformed group to sock with.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would like to join in on the race to 50 and first dragons etc. I can tell the wife that I have to work all weekend and put those first 30-40 hours in at the office...

What classes are usually made for the rush groups? Are warriors any good? That is about the only class I ever played...

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What is this race change thingy? Can you swap races and get equivalent items?

You can buy a potion in the Daybreak store for 2500 daybreak cash (equivalent to 25 dollars, you get 500 DBC per month for having an active subscription and a 10% discount on items on the store) that changes your race. It doesn't do anything else. You keep your name, whatever faction work you've still done is the same (with no race and maybe religion modifiers) and so on. If you have a race/deity specific item and your new race doesn't fit those criteria you are out of luck. In Classic to Kunark (race change pots come online early Kunark) you are mainly looking at things like Golden Efreeti Pants not working on human Monks that change to Iksar as well as a bunch of Innoruuk items.

There some pieces of Iksar only planar armor that do drop in Fear and Hate in Classic so if you're planning on making your Shaman into an Iksar you can hoard Scaled Hierophant armor and be 100% ready to go. I think the Iksar Warrior gear is pretty baller?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Oh that's a good question on the religion thing I guess. If I go from barb to iskar, will it adjust city/religious faction for me or am I going to be fucked and be KoS to cabilis?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh that's a good question on the religion thing I guess. If I go from barb to iskar, will it adjust city/religious faction for me or am I going to be fucked and be KoS to cabilis?

It'll change you to Cazic Thule because all Iksar are Cazic. You won't end up with anything weird like a 7th Hammer Iksar.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Haven't played modern eq in a while. Any suggestions on servers to try classes out on in preparation for this?

Zaide

TLP Idealist

It will let you redo your deity choice. I remember on Vulak using a race change potion on my human monk just to become a Quellious Human for the deity idol. There is some weird shit with race change potions, certain skills like foraging which are racial will have 0 skill but display max so you can't train them at a guild trainer, instead you have to use it like 50 times to get it to manually tick from 0 to 1 skill.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Haven't played modern eq in a while. Any suggestions on servers to try classes out on in preparation for this?

Phinny or Lockjaw/Ragefire are optimal. Phinny will let you fuck with the true box code and probably actually group with people. Lock/Rage will let you see what the exp rate will be like.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
What is the deal with mage perma debuff? I played mage in live and and realize the pets were OP in previous servers, but sounds like they overnerfed?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What is the deal with mage perma debuff? I played mage in live and and realize the pets were OP in previous servers, but sounds like they overnerfed?

Mage and Necro pets have reduced defensive values from their current strength on Live. On raid targets they will do reduced damage and the aggro they generate will be redirected to you.

Noahx

N00b
Any specific details on the changes to pickzones etc. Kinda wondering how it will impact bottleneck shit like Bloodgil, ground spawns etc. Get dem puppet strings ready?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey summer is perfect for me man. Like no time better. The most fun I had since original was with you guys. If Korrupt Korrupt @Grisvok sukik sukik Sterling Sterling @Chanur etc play you can count me in. I'm AFK until June.

BTW I'm in deals with a sponsor ATM for my upcoming Twitch channel.

BLOG_BANNER_Redline_Xtreme.jpg

I did an all day charm session at juggs finishing off 60 after drinking a bottle of redline. Then spent the next few days sick. I'm to old for that shit.

rad

Lord of Guk
I did an all day charm session at juggs finishing off 60 after drinking a bottle of redline. Then spent the next few days sick. I'm to old for that shit.

You know those king/jugg groups were fun as shit. Where else would we learn of the fabled 'roaming' trak. With you on the red line though, fuck that, should take Reg to the bank for endangering your life.

Even better to know Korrupt Korrupt was pulling a total troll job, you had like half the guild on that shit, lol. <3

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Any specific details on the changes to pickzones etc. Kinda wondering how it will impact bottleneck shit like Bloodgil, ground spawns etc. Get dem puppet strings ready?

The pickzone changes should actually be good for that. So for instance on day 3 of Kunark lets say we batphone and make the whole guild run to loio, it spawns two new instances and we kill those two BG spawns, then we all zone out and in fifteen minutes those instances close up, we zone back in and two new ones pop, rinse/repeat. It should make getting VP keys much easier.

My understanding is that Mages are great for grind but pretty much useless on raid mobs. Maybe if you've only got 1-3 pets on a raid mob then the DPS debuff won't be too bad, but if you've got like 5 necromancers and 5 mages their pets are useless.

Noahx

N00b
The pickzone changes should actually be good for that. So for instance on day 3 of Kunark lets say we batphone and make the whole guild run to loio, it spawns two new instances and we kill those two BG spawns, then we all zone out and in fifteen minutes those instances close up, we zone back in and two new ones pop, rinse/repeat. It should make getting VP keys much easier.

My understanding is that Mages are great for grind but pretty much useless on raid mobs. Maybe if you've only got 1-3 pets on a raid mob then the DPS debuff won't be too bad, but if you've got like 5 necromancers and 5 mages their pets are useless.

Maybe I'm not remembering it right but some of those spawns didn't pop on pickzone. Probably be helpful in some cases (ground spawns/certain named) but keeping zones up for AJ / Pained Soul / DL skelly was helpful.