Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Tactician

Ancient
You can't stack dots from the same line anymore for certain classes, I think shaman and druid so far. So you can't use stinging swarm and another swarm of whatever variety on the same mob. They buffed the damage to compensate I believe

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
Thinking about making a race to 50 group for this if it drops at the right time. Hopefully they do it like a month or two before GoD release on Phinny, cause after that were gunna be real busy.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Zaide Zaide pencil me and a +1 in for the grind.

I'll be taking time off of work most likely. Depending on the exact date this drops. Will poop sock it until 35+ then once the first 5 days or so is over I'll go casual for raiding. Not sure on class yet. Might do druid or necro. Or maybe monk. Or who the hell knows. Something I can AFK on, tired of doing tank / cleric (and the demands that comes w/ those classes). Maybe a wizard. Lol

Regarding the set grind groups, what is the process for getting set up on that? Mention it here? Or do we need to register and post somewhere else?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
O. So shm and dru are still options
They are options but.... Unfortunately, unlike live where their DPS actually got stupid-mad boosted and subsequently nerfed (still higher i think than pre-consoldation), the dot consolidation has hurt these classes at lower level, they actually lost dps.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thinking about making a race to 50 group for this if it drops at the right time. Hopefully they do it like a month or two before GoD release on Phinny, cause after that were gunna be real busy.

So far besides you and Sterling and my buddy Morian I have only talked to Dannin about joining our group. I registered on Zaide's site today so if we are busy we can at least dump some of our information for our bros. We have months anyways until this drops so plenty of time to prepare and see where Phinny is at.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm going to take a couple days off work on launch and grind it out to 50 with theyanger, koushirou and an irl friend of mine. We would like to join up if you'll have us

You just volunteer me for the race, bro? I'll definitely be putting some time into this, just not sure how much time I'll have available. :(

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Im laid off all summer so doing the race to 50 sounds like a great plan , Is Enchanter main viable with all the changes? should i pick something more usefull? How are we going to organize the grind groups?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im laid off all summer so doing the race to 50 sounds like a great plan , Is Enchanter main viable with all the changes? should i pick something more usefull? How are we going to organize the grind groups?

Yes they can charm solo and 2-3 charm pets in a group is how we got some of the server first 60s in Kunark. Our chanters would just charm Ice Giants + Spiders at Vox and safely hit her through the wall in the king room. Same thing with Naggy, they would charm the LDC's and hit Naggy through the wall.

• 1Like

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well, if no one is doing cleric, I'd be willing to have a go at it. But leveling might be a challenge without help since they are ass, solo

Sterling

El Presidente
In non raid settings, Enchanters are by far the most powerful class in early expansion TLP. Charm is OP as fuck. In a raid setting however they don't stack terribly well and there aren't charm pets to be had for all raids.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The popularity in this thread has all the makings of a Mistwalkers reunion.

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
They are options but.... Unfortunately, unlike live where their DPS actually got stupid-mad boosted and subsequently nerfed (still higher i think than pre-consoldation), the dot consolidation has hurt these classes at lower level, they actually lost dps.

Shams are always under represented. I cannot speak to the dot changes (haven't played since they went in) but pre-velious (Phin) I was able to solo the crypt including blood (although these were always tight on the circuit and no go if I was dealing with poaching fuksticks) so pretty sad to hear :*(

Never got a BoH to drop but god damn did I make bank off Hiero cloaks for the first few weeks.

I could not do this in era on live.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Alright gents, if you are planning to get in a static and race to 50 for the dragons/gods then just register and post here for access. All I need is your class & playtime for the first week or so of launch to get you set up in your static group. We'll form up our first batch of static groups this weekend and then start plotting out the leveling paths for them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I'll do another hutorn ogre shaman so count me in to a group if ya need, korrupt

Could start with ench/cleric box and dominate, then make a shaman later. Whatever group needs most I guess

Can box up multiple mage/necro too

Tactician

Ancient
Zaide Zaide do you want us casual plebians to register and post in that thread as well? Or just hit up someone for invites when the time comes

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide do you want us casual plebians to register and post in that thread as well? Or just hit up someone for invites when the time comes

Its your call. This is primarily for people to get set up with static groups but if you plan to do actual raiding with us once you hit 50 you may as well register, just mention if you wont have time to race for the server firsts so I know not to put you in one of those groups.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Zaide Zaide and Korrupt Korrupt you both seem to be taking point in this so I will bring it to you guys.

If you would like I can easily make a subforum here that is private where people can request access to specifically for this. Like the WoW guild one you see but you would have to approve them to be able to post in there.

I know you have your other forum Zaide and that's fine but I bet some people would like to stick to one place. Up to you guys just let me know. We have plenty of time before this starts since a date isn't even announced yet.

• 1Like