Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
Btw, I only intend to really play one character. I might alt eventually, but just one for a while.

I will be doing the suicidal route and going to try to max out every tradeskill though. So once this gets rolling, I wouldn't mind help collecting to speed up the skilling later on, so we at least one person that can make stuff. Besides, I want the Prayer Shawl in Velious.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Btw, I only intend to really play one character. I might alt eventually, but just one for a while.

I will be doing the suicidal route and going to try to max out every tradeskill though. So once this gets rolling, I wouldn't mind help collecting to speed up the skilling later on, so we at least one person that can make stuff. Besides, I want the Prayer Shawl in Velious.

Thrudd confirmed madman.

Sterling

El Presidente
A couple questions for people who already have done the TLP server stuff

1) I want to play a Iksar monk, I'm assuming it wont be released at launch due to no Kunark?
2) What is truebox and how do I get around it with out building a second PC (just curious, would never ever break a rule)
3) If I cant play a monk, do they let gnomes be SK's? I know when I played in 1999 it was a no go.
4) Sterling, teach me the secret quick leveling up strats~
Gnome SK and Iksar are not available at launch, but race change potions are avaiable in the cash shop in kunark. I think gnome knights open with Luclin.

People get around Truebox I would presume through VMs or similar, I don't know I actually use more than 1 computer to box.

There really isn't any secret to it, pick a path, and jam as much dps into your group as you reasonably can.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Gnome SK and Iksar are not available at launch, but race change potions are avaiable in the cash shop in kunark. I think gnome knights open with Luclin.

People get around Truebox I would presume through VMs or similar, I don't know I actually use more than 1 computer to box.

There really isn't any secret to it, pick a path, and jam as much dps into your group as you reasonably can.
Will your characters have jew names?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Will your characters have jew names?
My wizard is named Malaki, which should have been spelled Malachi, though when I first used it back in the 80s as my D&D character's name I stole it from Children of the Corn not the Old Testament.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My wizard is named Malaki, which should have been spelled Malachi, though when I first used it back in the 80s as my D&D character's name I stole it from Children of the Corn not the Old Testament.

WE HAVE YOUR WOMAN OUTLANDER

There's like seven of these fucking films and I think a reboot on top. I always wanted to ask King how this worked. When they decide to make a fifth Sometimes They Come Back or tenth Children of the Corn does anyone even call you or do you just get a check in the mail?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hoping they release it mid week. I can burn 2 or 3 days w/o any real care, grind my brains out until Sunday. Then go ultra casual.

So Zaide Zaide , can I ride the static groups w/ a druid? Lol

I wont tell you not to its just between you and your static ultimately.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like "at your own risk".

Eh, might make one w/ my RL pal or something then and do ench for static groups. I dunno . . . I can make snap decisions on important things, but I have been dwelling on what class to play on my 15th trip through EQ for DAYS.

Fuck this game. Lol

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Zaide's just saying that druids are not part of optimal static groups and are not part of high tier static groups. As far as the race goes they aren't very good. As far as just being a druid out there doing druid things there's nothing wrong with druids.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been musing making a druid (box) myself if I play - but its distressing how awful DRUs are in POP era though.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Just having a druid box on phin was invaluable to me. Tracking, ports, soloing random shit. Collecting key drops, quest drops. That is what allowed me to have 6box with all epics and great gear.

If I play again, I'd have to have a druid box at minimum. Even if I just wanted to play one main and no boxes.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't sweat not having a druid right away, there will be plenty of opportunity to leisurely level an alt for quite a while after launch.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I tore between a ranger and bard. I went through this same thing last time. I want to play something I haven't really spent a decade on and so we'll see how that goes closer to when the time comes. Who knows, maybe i'll roll both. I just don't want to play a cleric or chanter lol

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has anything changed with warriors and tanking for group leveling content? I know it's not as nice as an SK, or maybe even paladin, but if I remember right, I never avoided warriors for groups?

Tactician

Ancient
Has anything changed with warriors and tanking for group leveling content? I know it's not as nice as an SK, or maybe even paladin, but if I remember right, I never avoided warriors for groups?

They have provoke disc at level 20 which is out of Era but is amazing for tanking at lower levels

rad

Lord of Guk
lol what char name? i can think of the shaman but not the name. but yeah fuckers, dude i had people i never even met train me there. i had a LONG list on /note since classic of everyone thats trained me. but yeah i wont be farmin efreeti on agnarr, fuck that was so much drama.

Roknok - The only other shaman that farmed with regularity was Tub (well Hutorn too but I don't recall him popping into freeti much; dude was too busy with Idols :D)

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can anyone explain why SK is good? I played a SK in original through OOW. I remember how underpowered I was until I got my epic1, which I thought was way stupid hard.

I keep reading people say they are a really good.

I'm looking to maybe play a monk, how will they progress throughout the 5 or so expansions on Agnarr?