Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay so I just heard about this and I am in. Ench, Sham or SK... decisions... @OhSeven I can do late night/early morning.

Is there a place for me around hurr?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So how hard does Ench fall off in Velious and beyond? I've kind of always wanted to play one. But I also want to have a char that can be useful throughout the life of the server. Especially if I only play one character.

kudos

<Banned>
So how hard does Ench fall off in Velious and beyond? I've kind of always wanted to play one. But I also want to have a char that can be useful throughout the life of the server. Especially if I only play one character.
Enc used to dominate in PoP with charm in BoT.

Sterling

El Presidente
Depends on what you mean. In group content they're pretty OP for the entire era of this server. On raids less so.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think Enchanters fall off per se. They just do not stack well with other Enchanters. Unlike Wizards, Mages, or DPS where it is the more the merrier. Even Shaman can add extra healing, which never is a bad thing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Depends on what you mean. In group content they're pretty OP for the entire era of this server. On raids less so.

My only goal here is that I get to do the raids, if casually compared to others, and do some memory lane dungeon touring. I won't be able to go hardcore at this but I will have enough time to get to it all within 12 weeks. That's my goal.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had a good time with it on phin. I rarely ever play a tank so it was a new thing. You'll take hits pretty well, and can stun, and lay hands for saving the cleric. Flash of light is a pretty good taunt as long as you are in melee range.

Getting a group and going for ghoulbane is a lot of fun in the 20's. Always an adventure. Usually when it spawns with the sword it wipes out the group.

I had good luck at frenzy (only took 20ish hours), and good luck in mistmoore. I forget the name but I got a really nice high ac breastplate there.

Thanks Kharzette. I think I'll probably go with a Pally, if I don't enjoy it, I can always just focus on my cleric since I did enjoy that a fair amount.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Do you need a sub to play this? I am guessing not. I still think even after the Daybreak take over I have the all access Smed gave me. Ha.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Do you need a sub to play this? I am guessing not. I still think even after the Daybreak take over I have the all access Smed gave me. Ha.

You need all access to play it the FAQ said.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Last I checked "permanent accounts" are still permanent. Reminds me I should probably try to get my old login back for that one of mine. (Ancient email address with a dead provider - it'll be annoying, but likely worth it)

Dyll

Molten Core Raider

I've played an Enchanter since the start of Phinigel(and on Ragefire too before we moved) and they are a powerhouse in group content the entire time. Charm pets in addition to their other tools are just extremely powerful. Given that this server locks at LDoN, they will be extremely strong for the entire life of the server. That said, Enchanters are quite underwhelming in raiding for most expansions. I'll highlight the details of each expansion from a raiding perspective:

Classic - Naggy, Vox, CT, Sky - you buff people and tash the boss. Thats it. Inny you can land magic. Fear/Hate you can mez/debuff stuff

Kunark - You pretty much just buff people and rune/tash. There might be a couple dragons in VP that you can do something besides tash and afk, can't recall.

Velious - You can actually land magic on a majority of bosses. Raiding is a bit more fun as you start to feel a bit more useful. Buffs are still a pain and require constant upkeep with single target haste and only group clarity. No raid content requires any sort of CC or enchanter-specific tasks other than tash and can be handled by 1-2 enchanters no problem. AE PoGrowth is sorta fun except Growth sucks in general - but at least you can be useful clearing the trash quickly (Tunare is 100% MR so you generally just go Ogre form and make a wall)

Luclin - Pre-VT is pretty fun with encounters like Emperor and High Priest with enchanter-specific mezzing tasks. VT, depending on whether you actually clear trash or just coth/pull to zone is back to just being a sub-par DPS. At least mobs are low resist and you can land magic. The addition of agro visage spells gives you something else to do as well if you want to help out high agro casters. Buffing starts to become trivial with KEI but still relies on single target haste(VoG for melee, SoS for tanks)

PoP - Buffing is fully trivialized with MGB+VoQ+VQ. Standard enchanter role of debuff(tash/slow) and then subpar DPS for most encounters. Sometimes casting Rune on tanks can help early in the expac until gear gets better. A handful of more involved raids in PoP - Rathe Council, Xegony(depending how you do it), PoTime(adds to mez for Terris Thule, Saryrn, Quarm and sometimes P1-3)

LDoN - Some raids have super high resists so you feel like you are raiding classic PoSky again in some cases. Otherwise, mostly standard enchanter debuff role again, with some potential for mezzing the trash-heavy LDoN raids depending on how you are pulling.

edit - spacing

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I played some on Phinigel but got tired of the slow exp given my erratic playtime. I'm going to play on Agnarr at a casual pace and thought I would try something really new this time. I have never been a tank in these games, and it seems like SKs will be fairly abundant, so I was thinking of a Paladin. Maybe box it with a cleric. Are Paladins really as boring as people suggest? Wielding a giant flaming sword has its appeal though and its always nice to be an underplayed class.

Thoughts?

do a druid or a shaman instead of a cleric, you'll get frustrated with the overlap in skills between paladin and cleric, and with the changes made now that we are 2017 a cleric isn't a requirement like it used to be.

paladin/druid is stronger for levelling, paladin/shaman is stronger at high level.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im just a pleb this server but I'm pretty sure Zaide Zaide is allowing all forum pals to join up. Can you confirm sir?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Zaide has said many times that even filthy casuals are welcome. only need to go hardcore if you want to help them compete for world firsts and non-instanced raid mob spawns.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide are you guys going to break our 34 hour Nag/Vox record? :(

You know I will go for it if level/composition allow but tbh I just don't think it's possible to beat any longer.

TJT TJT all forum bro's are welcome, but for some of the "forum" guys who are hitting me up but are new members, sub ten posts etc you need to find an established guy here to vouch for you.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You know I will go for it if level/composition allow but tbh I just don't think it's possible to beat any longer.

TJT TJT all forum bro's are welcome, but for some of the "forum" guys who are hitting me up but are new members, sub ten posts etc you need to find an established guy here to vouch for you.

@Crone, ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy got me covered here?

• 1Like