Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You dont need anyone to vouch for you TJT, you're a legit known member. I approved your account on our forums.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Zzzzz you jew, you better not make TJT pay you for the vouching now that Zaide said it wasn't necessary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
I was one of the ones that PM'd you Zaide. I lurk so never post really.

Not sure, and doubt, that anyone remembers me from LJ/RF as Woss/Rass/Sarrow. Played a Druid/Mage. I won't be offended if no one remembers, I was quiet in game too.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Just in time for the summer! Are both SA and Faceless going to be racing for firsts? I'm not wanting to scrub the entire thread.

Zaide Zaide are you going to be leading the guild full time?

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just in time for the summer! Are both SA and Faceless going to be racing for firsts? I'm not wanting to scrub the entire thread.

Zaide Zaide are you going to be leading the guild full time?

We're under a single roof for this one, a lot of SA guys are here part time or just for racing/farming etc. I am leading the guild full time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
do a druid or a shaman instead of a cleric, you'll get frustrated with the overlap in skills between paladin and cleric, and with the changes made now that we are 2017 a cleric isn't a requirement like it used to be.

paladin/druid is stronger for levelling, paladin/shaman is stronger at high level.

Thanks for the tip. I had originally chosen cleric, because I actually enjoyed cleric as a possible main and if I didn't like the paladin I could just switch to the cleric. My intention wasn't to use that as good duo per se, but more to form the core of a group. Just invite some dps and good to go. But you are right, there is a ton of overlap and gear competition between those two which could make it annoying. With the shaman dot changes on test right now, maybe thats a better choice.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ok settling on Ogre Shaman and my friend is running Ogre SK. If anyone wants to get a not-in-the-race filthy casual static group out the gate lined up PM me.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Team Ogre/Troll for Life.

You should play a Troll Shaman though for the Regen and Canibalize.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
So Much Sexah...

Npc_Burgek.jpg
Fashion_totemic_ogre_male.jpg

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've played an Enchanter since the start of Phinigel(and on Ragefire too before we moved) and they are a powerhouse in group content the entire time. Charm pets in addition to their other tools are just extremely powerful. Given that this server locks at LDoN, they will be extremely strong for the entire life of the server. That said, Enchanters are quite underwhelming in raiding for most expansions. I'll highlight the details of each expansion from a raiding perspective:

Classic - Naggy, Vox, CT, Sky - you buff people and tash the boss. Thats it. Inny you can land magic. Fear/Hate you can mez/debuff stuff

Kunark - You pretty much just buff people and rune/tash. There might be a couple dragons in VP that you can do something besides tash and afk, can't recall.

Velious - You can actually land magic on a majority of bosses. Raiding is a bit more fun as you start to feel a bit more useful. Buffs are still a pain and require constant upkeep with single target haste and only group clarity. No raid content requires any sort of CC or enchanter-specific tasks other than tash and can be handled by 1-2 enchanters no problem. AE PoGrowth is sorta fun except Growth sucks in general - but at least you can be useful clearing the trash quickly (Tunare is 100% MR so you generally just go Ogre form and make a wall)

Luclin - Pre-VT is pretty fun with encounters like Emperor and High Priest with enchanter-specific mezzing tasks. VT, depending on whether you actually clear trash or just coth/pull to zone is back to just being a sub-par DPS. At least mobs are low resist and you can land magic. The addition of agro visage spells gives you something else to do as well if you want to help out high agro casters. Buffing starts to become trivial with KEI but still relies on single target haste(VoG for melee, SoS for tanks)

PoP - Buffing is fully trivialized with MGB+VoQ+VQ. Standard enchanter role of debuff(tash/slow) and then subpar DPS for most encounters. Sometimes casting Rune on tanks can help early in the expac until gear gets better. A handful of more involved raids in PoP - Rathe Council, Xegony(depending how you do it), PoTime(adds to mez for Terris Thule, Saryrn, Quarm and sometimes P1-3)

LDoN - Some raids have super high resists so you feel like you are raiding classic PoSky again in some cases. Otherwise, mostly standard enchanter debuff role again, with some potential for mezzing the trash-heavy LDoN raids depending on how you are pulling.

edit - spacing

Haha just dawned on me you were Dyll Pickle. Sup bro!

Siliconemelons

Human SK, must go human SK >_< I know its not minmax! but it is what I was!!!

Or maybe go fullmode rare- BroKnight Eruidite.

Is this free? or is this "real" EQ? I get confused and hate reading...getting a wee bit board of p99, would like another nice casual but still raid shit EQ land

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Is this free? or is this "real" EQ? I get confused and hate reading...getting a wee bit board of p99, would like another nice casual but still raid shit EQ land

Its real legit server using all access monthly fee or kronos.

• 1Solidarity

Mur

Trakanon Raider

BroKnight is super rad, but getting out of Odus is a PITA. Tried 3 times the other night, and Qeynos guards stole my lunch money every time.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BroKnight is super rad, but getting out of Odus is a PITA. Tried 3 times the other night, and Qeynos guards stole my lunch money every time.

Get 2pp or so before you leave Odus. Then sneak your way around the guards (or invis pot/casted invis if you're not good at timing the ticks to rush the door) to Captain Rohand in South Qeynos - buy 20 brandy with the plat (with a mule), give Captain Rohand the 20 brandy.

Bam! Only a few odd things are still KOS anymore after that. (Gash Flockwalker and Lylanthian are it I think)

And thinking with the route my time is going with my RL work I won't bother with Agnarr - just finding myself too damn busy to muster the urge to get the PCs set up right much less play.

• 2Like