Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Forgot the necro's name but it wasn't anyone from here.

Penalty Penalty you can play as little or as much as you want on TLPs with instanced raiding. Open world racing doesn't really exist anymore or have any impact on instances.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, now that I've got the days off, for someone who hasn't done a TLP before, is there a centralized place to look to see what all's different about these things? I know I've seen someone mention a Melee Augment vendor, and several people saying that various classes are basically worthless due to the scaling on casters vs melee up until Luclin/PoP (Specifically was looking into playing a Rogue again, but everything I've found says they're sub-tank-DPS garbage because of the TLP itemization/ability tuning. Most posts basically said Monk was the only Melee DPS that was functional, but you'd spend 95% of your time chainpulling and not playing DPS anyway).

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man I've always wanted to play an ez mode, click and shoot, headshot bow ranger. I just dont wanna suck a bag of dicks for so many expansions till that happens.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've never tried to buy elove. Fuck that. That said I did totally give her a krono once while grouped in seb. I forget why, think it was an ODS, and I've given away probably a dozen krono not tryin to get my dick sucked or whatever.

I'm 90% sure if anyone spent hundreds on her it was Resilient, also a necro, since they were almost always grouped.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rad

Lord of Guk
That's exactly who it was lol

lol - didn't he come over with her from Cult to begin with? I thought that whole play was she was with Dandin and he showed his crazy self so she booked it via Skykam.

God as I type it out you realize how fucking silly it all is.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Will Dandin Return to Agnarr?

p.s. LOL notice someone logged in their TS and held down the talk button while they pissed.

Commentator does not know Bond of Death can be cast on Nagafen forcing me to rate his critique zero stars and thumbs down the video.

Is this worth playing if I cant poopsock and only want to raid 3 times a week?

I really love EQ, but p99 soured me when I played years ago with that shit.

this is eq lite. in fact, leveling could be kinda slow in the latest TLP servers, if you did not have a full group, but this one is tuned for easier exp I hear.

This is a loot parade. Instances make it so. The only limit..... is your imagination.
doug-henning.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
THOUGH, it seems every TLP server gets just a little bit better, as they find more out of era NPCS/items/etc and fix them. Oh and nerf pets each new server. Latest nerf that will help Agnarr from jump, no shadowrest? #keepsgettingbetter

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Most posts basically said Monk was the only Melee DPS that was functional, but you'd spend 95% of your time chainpulling and not playing DPS anyway).

Depends on your group. A perfect group will be relying heavily on ENC charm and people who know how to pull safely and keep up the kill rate will be in high demand. A mediocre group won't have an ENC or the ENC will suck at charm and you'll be pissed off about it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where are people reading that Shadowrest is gone for Agnarr? Just checked on Phinny and ported in and also checked on my Ragefire knight and ported in.

Fake news or someone have a link?

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Where are people reading that Shadowrest is gone for Agnarr? Just checked on Phinny and ported in and also checked on my Ragefire knight and ported in.

Fake news or someone have a link?

The Feb 15th patch notes did have this comment.

"The Emissaries of Shadowrest are retiring now that Shadowrest is no longer a repository for forgotten bodies, with one exception: the Emissary in Plane of Knowledge is still available should adventurers wish to visit Shadowrest and reminisce about the olden days.

I dug through all the patch notes over the past year as I was curious why people were saying this as well. Full patch notes are here: Feb 15 Patch Notes

If you were just able to zone in on Ragefire though, then maybe it will still be available on Agnarr. Who knows maybe they didn't actually go through with that patch note. That was like 3 months ago so I doubt anyone would have noticed.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does DBG ever run those triple DBG cash days like SOE used to run? My shit's running low, and I want to top up in prep for burning the experience pots.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
So to expand on my last post; how many dickbags am I going to suck by rolling ranger at launch? Also, when will I be strong?

Tactician

Ancient
You'll be the strongest there ever was come PoP, Luclin you're real good as well. Not sure how many dickbags for the earlier expacs

• 1Like