Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thinking either monk, sk, or bard. Barring abnormalities I should be able to commit VERY hard for 2-3 days and then just be kind of regular after that.

Noahx

N00b
For those that want to give chanter a shot - things to remember.
a. While OP w/ Charm it requires nearly 100% constant attention to take advantage of "OP". Very little afk / alt-tabing possible.
b. Raid scene is mostly buffing/debuffing. Very little mez'ing. Some content you get to have fun with charm but it is minor and often a risk some leads don't like to take.
c. Epic is bottlenecked horribly in a few spots. 20-50 people have been seen spawncamping mobs that pop every 2-5 days.

If you can live with the above, you get to enjoy some pretty awesome shit with hasted charm pets, paired with two yaks and mage summoned items. Plus, you know - clarity, mez, and AOE stuns.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't know Monk was rated so highly for TLP.
I was pretty much set on making a Monk if I do play this thing even though my Monk from 15 years ago has over 365 days /played

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Didn't know Monk was rated so highly for TLP.
I was pretty much set on making a Monk if I do play this thing even though my Monk from 15 years ago has over 365 days /played

Monk H2H tables are really awesome, at every level they are great dps without weapons. In Kunark raiding only SKs can go toe to toe or beat an epic monk running Innerflame.

They also unbound Flying Kick a few years back so you can use Flying Kick and Tiger Claw simultaneously. I believe we have triple attack at like 47 as well.

Full disclosure, I main Monk so I am biased.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Zaide Zaide If I wanna go tier3 . . . druid, will I get low priority for static groups?

I always want to PL toons etc, and trying to bum a druid is a fucking hassle.

Have a laptop I can use, so might box druid and main ench? Then PL a monk after the rush dies down or Kunark opens.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zaide I wish you would have raced on our servers because a few of our SK's including me with Unholy + Harm Touch + Leechcurse were just straight up unbeatable in Kunark, Velious, and for at least the early portion of Luclin when I stopped playing a month in. The problem is people go lol a SK and don't buff properly with avatar, enchanter +mana pool, pet with buffs, and +intelligence stat buffs. A lot of times our shamans would prioritize other DPS classes as well for avatar which is a huge boost in our dps just like any other melee.

The problem though is one fight and then your out of gas for almost an hour versus a monk who is back in the game in 15 minutes and just always cranking out higher damage without downtime. SK's have to time taps in between melee swings to maximize DPS and do 10 other things to do what a monk does by pressing attack. You have to run the beastlord crack pot, you have to med constantly etc. Its just a lot of work.

Sterling

El Presidente
For those that want to give chanter a shot - things to remember.
a. While OP w/ Charm it requires nearly 100% constant attention to take advantage of "OP". Very little afk / alt-tabing possible.
b. Raid scene is mostly buffing/debuffing. Very little mez'ing. Some content you get to have fun with charm but it is minor and often a risk some leads don't like to take.
c. Epic is bottlenecked horribly in a few spots. 20-50 people have been seen spawncamping mobs that pop every 2-5 days.

If you can live with the above, you get to enjoy some pretty awesome shit with hasted charm pets, paired with two yaks and mage summoned items. Plus, you know - clarity, mez, and AOE stuns.
Chanter epic is real bad on tlp. Vessel and the dude in Neriak are awful. SK epic is also dumb, needing Marl twice makes it a shitshow. Broken Golem for Wizard epic is also pretty bad. Bard was bad before, but they added guts to Trak.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the SK dude was a Macroquest bonanza, you literally have no chance unless you're cheating. I ended up actually never getting it on Phinny at all. On Ragefire I just rushed it first before anyone had a chance and the botters got there.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Warrior epic was retarded back in the day. I felt like Hoshkar had a stupid low chance to drop the scale and Sev was so easy that any old guild would snag him the second he popped.

Sterling

El Presidente
Warrior epic was retarded back in the day. I felt like Hoshkar had a stupid low chance to drop the scale and Sev was so easy that any old guild would snag him the second he popped.
Warrior epic is a joke on TLP, there will be so many scales between OW/Instance VP and if needed can do same with SEV.

Sterling

El Presidente
12 weeks per expac seems way to fast for my liking. Probably pass.
It sounds that way, but expansions get finished in a few days and with splitting instances and everything else everyone gets all the gear they want pretty much before the 12 weeks anyways.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Once they get a taste of raiding PoSky a few times a week for 3 months they'll have different opinions maybe?)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Warrior epic is a joke on TLP, there will be so many scales between OW/Instance VP and if needed can do same with SEV.

yeah instances make it a non issue. Warrior epic is one of the easier ones with instancing in.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya monks are OP cause of that AA they get at like 55 and 60, increase the physical damage on top of their overpowered h2h tables with epic. But I've always hated not being able to gate and bind so I went necro usually. Yeah they wont let you stack poison line of dots anymore, not a huge deal breaker but they might venture into disease dots (shaman) or just our dots in general who knows, all to balance live servers i heard.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thrudd that's where we all know each other from then, I was Krassus for early expacs and then played Iyamm in BoR on Solusek Ro. Pikallo is playing with us on Phinny from BoR also but he goes by Dyll now. Bruuce is up around here still too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Originally, I was a warrior from classic through OoW and never really played any alts above 20. Still trying to decide on what I want to do. I am leaning more towards an off-tank role with an SK or Pally; although, I may go complete opposite and go cleric for a big change.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user