Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Steam streaming is the easiest thing ever. Allows you to alt tab, but it's still running on another machine. Put your 4th screen anywhere and just alt tab between your boxes.

Hmm - you can set up Truebox EQ with something like that? That would be beautiful.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We should all just random name generate a single time and stick with it. The EQ random name generator is probably the best one of all time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem with multi boxing from 2 comps is you have to constantly switch kb & m which gets tedious as fuck.Especially when your moving your boxes around. Follow fucking sucks in this game too and constantly fails and shit. I guess you could use some usb hub switch or something, but still tedious. What makes boxing on one comp awesome is the use of 3rd party software so you can send commands from one box to another. Then you can set up macros and shit and it becomes second nature to control a whole group, fucking mage army with tank and heals. The pacing of this game and the "camping" basically tailor made for boxing too. I dont think I could stand the boredom of playing one character in EQ anymore.

• 1Solidarity

Boobietastle

Molten Core Raider
There was an early PoP rework on pickzones. Most zones spawn picks way lower -- think it's more related to relative popularity rather than zone size now. Shady / Angry should be much quicker / easier, but yeah.

Can anyone explain to me what a pickzone is? I am thinking of doin this TLP server and i don't know 70% of this lingo

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Any time 15-18 peeps are in the "main" zone instance, you can spawn another instance of that zone, and so on.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's the new thing they came up with to combat over population. When there is X number of people in a zone, it spins off another copy. It keeps repeating until the pop is balanced.

Say Lower Guk. That's popular on nights - but it can only hold 30 people or so. So there will be multiple pickzones up. Each having 12-40 people in them. You use the /pick zone command to bring them all up and it shows you the number of people in a pick zone.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wait, isn't instancing a red-line for EQ players? Might as well play WoW you casual fucks!

But seriously...I figured this would cause people to lose their shit. Or maybe they did when it was first implemented and I didn't notice.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wait, isn't instancing a red-line for EQ players? Might as well play WoW you casual fucks!

But seriously...I figured this would cause people to lose their shit. Or maybe they did when it was first implemented and I didn't notice.

Turns out it's pretty chill for the casual player. Instancing of the earlier raids with expeditions is also pretty amazing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The problem with multi boxing from 2 comps is you have to constantly switch kb & m which gets tedious as fuck.Especially when your moving your boxes around. Follow fucking sucks in this game too and constantly fails and shit. I guess you could use some usb hub switch or something, but still tedious. What makes boxing on one comp awesome is the use of 3rd party software so you can send commands from one box to another. Then you can set up macros and shit and it becomes second nature to control a whole group, fucking mage army with tank and heals. The pacing of this game and the "camping" basically tailor made for boxing too. I dont think I could stand the boredom of playing one character in EQ anymore.
I wonder if ISBoxer makes or will make a networked setup, so you can use the functionality across different computers.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider

multiplicity, synergy, inputdirector ... there are quite a few virtual KBMs that can be shared across network. Inputdirector has broadcasting so that you don't even need to see the screen. Works well for box rangers / bards who only really have a few buttons if you aren't spamming nukes on the ranger.

Oh, and playing 1 char in a raiding environment isn't bad. Sometimes being a cleric is very busy, especially on aggressive trash pulling. Most classes are snoozers though.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
While this does work you will 100% get disconnected by the true-box code everytime. You'd have to truebox yourself everytime you zoned to make this work. It would be quite the hassle.
I know, i was just answering Tuco's question if isboxer had that functionality

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
manual two boxing with two computers isn't too bad. don't think i could handle three tho.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
In my experience on the first day of phinigel, having just ONE game open with isboxer got me disconnected. I was told it was coded into their checks and specifically looks for isboxer, not the multi-key stroke. And yeah being on just one client via innerspace/isboxer got me disconnected just sitting at the bank for a minute or two.

And the pickzones close now. Like fast. I can keep a pick open in a certain zone right now with a minimum of 10 in the pick and 1 or 0 in the base, but soon as I fall under the minimum it seems to trigger and close. Thought there was a waiting period but doesnt seem to be. So base will be the best when theres less people playing cause most likely your pick will get closed and youll be out of a camp.

Vaclav

manual two boxing with two computers isn't too bad. don't think i could handle three tho.

It's not awful - but KBM juggling can get annoying quickly. Still waiting to hear if the Steamstreaming thing was for real or a theory/joke though - too busy to test run something like that this week (interviews lined up for something with MUCH better pay than my current WAH/set your own hours deal.)

Crone

Hmm - you can set up Truebox EQ with something like that? That would be beautiful.
I wasn't joking. I used it easily on Phinney.

Steam lets you stream a game to any other computer on the network. Load up steam on both comps, then on your main comp the play button for EQ gets replaced with play from "X" PC or something. Click that and voila you are streaming.

Foe the slow pace of EQ, it works perfectly. This was also covered in depth in another thread made exclusively for talking about EQ boxing, but I know that shit can get buried quick.

• 1Like

Vaclav

I wasn't joking. I used it easily on Phinney.

Steam lets you stream a game to any other computer on the network. Load up steam on both comps, then on your main comp the play button for EQ gets replaced with play from "X" PC or something. Click that and voila you are streaming.

Foe the slow pace of EQ, it works perfectly. This was also covered in depth in another thread made exclusively for talking about EQ boxing, but I know that shit can get buried quick.

Would "like" 18 times if it was possible.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
nice so now whenever you kill dread fright terror and maestro (im sure theres more) you get a serverwide.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I use Synergy to 2-box. Can't press buttons on two computers at once but you'll get booted for that anyways. Cleaner than having to use a KVM or two actual keyboards.

Symless

• 1Solidarity