Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Curious if anyone would be interested in my account. It has a level 34 bard with the 40 slot bag, 2x 5 ac 55hp rings, crested spaulders, skull shaped barbute, BAL, about 200pp and not much else (banded). For what it's worth, it's also a silver account. PM me if so.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know if you can box with Steam Streaming , using multiple hosts, on 1 client? So multiple potato computers, streaming EQ to 1 computer that you can alt-tab, etc and play them all. I know it works with just the 1, but would it work with multiple? I kinda feel like it won't, but Googling doesn't seem to bring up an answer.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Grouping splits your XP?

Also, does anyone have a "go to" guide for leveling spots/areas? I wanted to try and solo on my enchanter this morning at 21. Someone told me to go to Mistmoore but all that shit was yellow - did they mean charm a yellow? I thought you stuck to blues.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Tainted Seahorses being in Kedge for classic really suck :(. They are out of era difficulty and since as soon as you kill them, they spawn a corrupted that will auto agro and at minimum make you go OOM, you pretty much have to avoid them entirely. But they are everywhere. Kharz and I saw 4 up at once. So we have to mez/blur move on. But they were everywhere, because of course they are, they slowly spawn over ph's and then nobody kills them lol.

Grouping splits your XP?

Also, does anyone have a "go to" guide for leveling spots/areas? I wanted to try and solo on my enchanter this morning at 21. Someone told me to go to Mistmoore but all that shit was yellow - did they mean charm a yellow? I thought you stuck to blues.

It does but in very small chunks. Also you get the same exact exp per kill with 5 members in a group as you do with 6 members in a group, so you're not splitting your exp 6 ways.

Grouping splits your XP?

You can charm yellows for short durations if you are careful. Enc charm soloing is different than with a group. With a group you'll tend to k eep one pet. Solo you can go one of two ways. You can get a pet, let it fight until it is almost dead and then invis up and kill it too for full exp and get a new pet. Or you can buff it and try to keep it alive as long as possible and use /pet stop to let it regen out of combat. But with a yellow you may as well go the chaos route (classic/p99 route) where you charm something and then let it almost die killing another mob and then you finish it off.

Charming dark blues is ideal. There's all sorts of places you can solo if you aren't picky about getting ZEM exp. There's a thread on the forums right now that I love because it points out a huge problem with TLP's/ZEMs. Back in classic, we level'd everywhere. South karana. Akanon, butcherblock, etc. There were npcs to solo, there were outdoor zones to group in/solo in etc, but in modern eq, only ZEM dungeons matter. And that makes it boring and less immersive and reduces the total number of spots. They need to add ZEM to outdoor zones so that we don't just use 1 dungeon per 10 levels per expansion :/.

I'm getting pretty bored. My playtime isn't allowing me to play for long stretches at the right time anymore. When I have something to do with a friend, it's fantastic, but then I gotta log and then they are gone when I get back on etc. Finding the right time to play/right group is so damn important. This game is amazing if you have that. I remember that's why my rl group of friends and I lasted so long in EQ. Damnit EQ. I'm almost tempted to go play my Heroic characters I never started and wait for Kunark/more people to level to 50 so I have a group to do things with. That is one good thing about modern EQ, I know I could log in and feel like I was doing something for an hour all by myself, rather than farming another efreeti pop.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tainted Seahorses being in Kedge for classic really suck :(. They are out of era difficulty and since as soon as you kill them, they spawn a corrupted that will auto agro and at minimum make you go OOM, you pretty much have to avoid them entirely. But they are everywhere. Kharz and I saw 4 up at once. So we have to mez/blur move on. But they were everywhere, because of course they are, they slowly spawn over ph's and then nobody kills them lol.

It does but in very small chunks. Also you get the same exact exp per kill with 5 members in a group as you do with 6 members in a group, so you're not splitting your exp 6 ways.

You can charm yellows for short durations if you are careful. Enc charm soloing is different than with a group. With a group you'll tend to k eep one pet. Solo you can go one of two ways. You can get a pet, let it fight until it is almost dead and then invis up and kill it too for full exp and get a new pet. Or you can buff it and try to keep it alive as long as possible and use /pet stop to let it regen out of combat. But with a yellow you may as well go the chaos route (classic/p99 route) where you charm something and then let it almost die killing another mob and then you finish it off.

Charming dark blues is ideal. There's all sorts of places you can solo if you aren't picky about getting ZEM exp. There's a thread on the forums right now that I love because it points out a huge problem with TLP's/ZEMs. Back in classic, we level'd everywhere. South karana. Akanon, butcherblock, etc. There were npcs to solo, there were outdoor zones to group in/solo in etc, but in modern eq, only ZEM dungeons matter. And that makes it boring and less immersive and reduces the total number of spots. They need to add ZEM to outdoor zones so that we don't just use 1 dungeon per 10 levels per expansion :/.

I haven't had any issues in Kedge so with tainted seahorse. Just solo I go through to Cauldronbubble and Cauldronboil. Despite being underwater if you're careful it isn't too hard to avoid being overwhelmed.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I haven't had any issues in Kedge so with tainted seahorse. Just solo I go through to Cauldronbubble and Cauldronboil. Despite being underwater if you're careful it isn't too hard to avoid being overwhelmed.

You musta been lucky because today there were several tainted seahorses roaming those areas. We tried both those areas + frenzied sharky. I died to Estrella not thinking she was up and staring at map lol. By the time I got back she was dead. At least the tainted can be mezzed and blurred, but it takes a lot of mana if you have 2 or 3 on you and you have to use max duration mez and 3 mind wipes to get away.

No issues keeping things under control since they removed the huge water push etc, and things aren't very resistant at all. It's just the tainted problem, if they agro, you have to stop what you're doing because yes, you can kill one slowly, and then a corrupted will spawn ontop of you and have fun with that haha

Got a couple mermaid scales if any mages need for their stein.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what's peoples impressions with Fourth Meal guild? I don't see many of them around I suppose.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So what's peoples impressions with Fourth Meal guild? I don't see many of them around I suppose.

Have met some cool individual members, but the leadership is garbage. Had a 6boxer in that guild come in and KS me (as well as a bunch of others at Djarn), tell them too bad, he needed the items for his 6 boxes and he could see the people at Djarn already had the items.

When he was still sitting in the room with all 6 boxes and hadn't KS'd a Djarn yet (altho he had ks'd room spawns) the officers/leader kept saying "Until he actually KS's I can't do anything about him sitting his 6 boxes in the tiny Djarn room, but please do let me know if he does anything". And then of course he would KS and it would be too late. They still didn't do anything, he's still int he guild, despite that they've said their guilds rules are to respect camps and they do enforce those guild rules. Wut? Mostly it was just the general conversation with the officers that gave me the impression they were kind of dumb. Nice, but dumb.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Ha joined a Hate raid last night after failing to form or find a group. No idea what they were trying to do, but it fizzled out damn quickly, was a mention of poping a new pick but they werent sure how many were needed in a zone for it to happen. Well ended up getting 1% hehe, 40% to go!

But yeah have tried many times forming my own group only succeeded once and that was for a BR camp in lguk, lots of people lfg tend to want to do x camp. So screw that noise of keep trying to get like minded people of wanting to do your own grouping, people just want established groups. Cant say i blame them cause the chances of it fizzling out are damn high before you even form a full group., had it happen plenty of times so i say fuck it and just watch something on other monitor and wait. Yesterday was just odd to go so long like that. Usually dont sit that long lfg with a "can heal, any xp" in comment.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
So we've had a region wide personnel crisis and I've had shit for play time since I'm traveling so much, but if anyone sees a rogue named Trayvon or a mage named Zimmerman, hit me up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So we've had a region wide personnel crisis and I've had shit for play time since I'm traveling so much, but if anyone sees a rogue named Trayvon or a mage named Zimmerman, hit me up.

I'm starting an alt Enchanter soon so I'll grind with ya!

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
What raid is he streaming?

That's up to me unfortunately and I don't really know enough about our players to try something.

We have lock outs for Hate and Fear already so that's out.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the guild with a full set of resist gear and we still have tons of sub 50s so any dragon I think would be out.

I was thinking Phinny but coordinating 72 players down into that pit seems like a one way trip to a drinking problem.

@Zaide you are the big dick around here what do you think we could do?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's up to me unfortunately and I don't really know enough about our players to try something.

We have lock outs for Hate and Fear already so that's out.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the guild with a full set of resist gear and we still have tons of sub 50s so any dragon I think would be out.

I was thinking Phinny but coordinating 72 players down into that pit seems like a one way trip to a drinking problem.

@Zaide you are the big dick around here what do you think we could do?

Oh do Phinny. That would play awesome on the stream. Aaand half our raid just drowned. lulz.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Oh do Phinny. That would play awesome on the stream. Aaand half our raid just drowned. lulz.

i'm being TOLD that the Agent of Change guy spawns you super close to Phinny so that takes care of a lot of the headaches.

If the instance version doesnt have corrupted seahorses and we have a million people we may just kill them and pull him.

He doesnt do an AE and we can put the tanks with me playing water song to block the despell.

Our tanks have a lot of planar now but are paladins and SKs...

Also drowning on stream seems super funny.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i'm being TOLD that the Agent of Change guy spawns you super close to Phinny so that takes care of a lot of the headaches.

If the instance version doesnt have corrupted seahorses and we have a million people we may just kill them and pull him.

He doesnt do an AE and we can put the tanks with me playing water song to block the despell.

Our tanks have a lot of planar now but are paladins and SKs...

Also drowning on stream seems super funny.

Oh yeah. The Agent of Change spawns you right at the ledge to Phinny. Just the Swirlspine seahorses and the corrupted ones don't pop in that area.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I went out of my way to find a place on dbg forums to post an exactly 3 paragraph rant, with the goal of referencing autism in a way that can't land me in trouble. I also decided to semi back someone crying about sexual harassment. Hoping to rally some knights in gleaming white.

I'm a shitty person.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I went out of my way to find a place on dbg forums to post an exactly 3 paragraph rant, with the goal of referencing autism in a way that can't land me in trouble. I also decided to semi back someone crying about sexual harassment. Hoping to rally some knights in gleaming white.

I'm a shitty person.

The drama EQ creates is 90% of the hilarity!