Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
wait, did you really clear the entire Velious expansion in less than 24 hours?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I quit in late Luclin, early PoP era so i wasnt around for GoD. Heard it was the hardest expansion.

Anyways, I was just wondering what made it so easy this time. Clearly gear isnt the reason like it used to be, so is it the raid strats that got so finetuned over the last 15+ years that made the encounters trivial?

Also, how did they get 20+ into ST on Day 1 when only 5 raid dragons dropped the key talismans?

Sterling

El Presidente
There have been a number of changes that have generally increased player character power over the years. in TSS they increased skillcaps on various combat skills, then later in SoF they adjusted combat tables. As for GoD specifically they retuned it awhile into it on live so the expansion 6 months in wasn't really the same as it was on initial release.

As for getting 20+ in ST on day one, Kael raid bosses also drop keys now, and instances increase your opportunity for keys. So if they did Kael twice Kland/Sont twice, Yelinak twice, and Zlandicar like 3242342 times because even with MotM he's real easy and they can do many splits of that instance even on day 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya split raid like zlandicar is easy peasy with 72 you probably split it into 3 zlandi raids

Meechie

Golden Knight of the Realm
Probably 4. Zlandicar is a literal joke. Hits for 300-400 and melee can just stand in his AOE as long as each group has some sort of priest class.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Until last night I was just taking 90-120 minute naps for the first four days of Velious. I woke up after six hours of sleep last night to find we'd killed Tunare, CT/Draco, Sontalak, LTK, Dozekar, and cleared NToV. The quantity of raids available means missing targets is going to be a fact of life.

On the other end, we've already acquired over 300 items since Velious launch which is pretty crazy after the 3-4 non rotting items a week we had in Kunark.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
First time in NToV. Fucking Lady Nev. Not enough clicky pants, but we did it first try. Dropped her GG cape, too.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Fuck lady nev. The idea of dealing with that for three months is tragic.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Until last night I was just taking 90-120 minute naps for the first four days of Velious. I woke up after six hours of sleep last night to find we'd killed Tunare, CT/Draco, Sontalak, LTK, Dozekar, and cleared NToV. The quantity of raids available means missing targets is going to be a fact of life.

On the other end, we've already acquired over 300 items since Velious launch which is pretty crazy after the 3-4 non rotting items a week we had in Kunark.

Interesting. We're sitting at just under 300 since Velious launched too. Gear gap isn't that far off I think for us, even with you scooping up most of the OW shit.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Interesting. We're sitting at just under 300 since Velious launched too. Gear gap isn't that far off I think for us, even with you scooping up most of the OW shit.

You guys count all the HoT armor drops, ST talismans, bad loot from Zlandicar and some trash drops from Kael it looks like. We dont count these or even primal in ST. The only items we count are dkp items from motm raid mobs which don't get banked.

Edit: Reviewed all your listed drops since launch and there are 117 items on here which would not appear in our dkp listing and don't count towards the 300 total.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Back when Phinigel was in Velious I kept track of all the Vulak loot from all the guilds that made their loot public (across Phinigel, Ragefire & Lockjaw). It came out to 208 Vulak kills. Here's the data & loot table info. I may consider adding to it as Agnarr is now in Velious, we'll see if I get that bored. I figured some of you may find it useful now. Bobby posted it on Allah (here's his post)

Vulak is special in that he will ALWAYS drop exactly 4 items (and 2 spells), and what it interesting is that he will pick one item from each of four "loot tables". Meaning he will never drop duplicates of an item or two items from the same table in a single kill. These loot tables are based on data from approximately 210 Vulak kills on the Phinigel server across multiple different guilds drop reportings. Actual percentages of droprates may vary slightly, as RNG will be RNG.

Credit goes to Korillo of Phinigel for compiling this data.

Loot Table 1
Sal'Varae's Robe of Darkness (26.09%)
Crystasia's Crystal Ring (22.71%)
Kelsiferous' Armband of Artistry (14.01%)
Solist's Earring of Insight (17.87%)
Ssra's Bloodstone Eyepatch (19.32%)

Loot Table 2
Abashi's Rod of Disempowerment (6.28%)
Valtron's Necklace of Wonder (15.46%)
Vyrinn's Earring of Insanity (16.91%)
Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance (16.43%)
Feeliux's Cord of Velocity (18.84%)
Brother Xave's Headband (7.73%)
Jaelen's Katana (18.36%)

Loot Table 3
Gharn's Rock of Smashing (9.18%)