Everquest II

penalty_sl

shitlord
Pretty annoyed with this. I mentioned I started it back up, I believe I was a 78 necro when I did. I hit 90 and noticed that I wasn't gaining experience anymore. Turns out that level 95 is reserved unless you bought Chains of Eternity. Except you can't even buy Chains of Eternity, you've got to shell out fucking $40 for the newest expansion. So I think I'm done with my latest foray into EQ2. Why even bother having it as F2P when I can't play crap from 2 expansions ago? I was more than willing to spend money on microtransactions too, but fuck $40 for this old as shit game.
Yea their f2p system is god awful and not even worth the time to play. They cant even figure out how to set up a f2p system that benefits them and returning players.

f2p needs to be literally the entire game free and let us spend money on microtransactions. Not some bullshit teaser of the game and then demanding players drop 50-100$ just to try out more of the game.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just logged back in on Sunday for the first time in a long time, just to hand all my plat over to the last RL friend that plays. And immediately upon logging in, I had at least 10-15 popup windows completely obscure everything. AA resets, aug refunds, and I think some were EQ2 trying to sell shit. I just sat there for a minute overwhelmed by all of that bullshit.

The one thing that I noticed that truly irked me was when I was looking at one of the interface windows, where you used to see SC items being advertised...it specifically said "Premium for 500sc". Well, that just sounded pants on head retarded especially after the entire episode with the SC/sub sales and Sony having to get that under control after people were getting yearlong subs on the cheap. Clicked on it and predictably I get taken to a browser page wanting to sell me premium for cash/credit only. I thought I was reading it wrong so I called my buddy over and he was also surprised. Then he calls his wife over and she couldn't see any other way to read it than "Premium for 500sc".

I don't know if it was a glitch or if Sony was really trying to rope people to the sub page with the false promise of premium for 500sc, but that just seemed shady to me. Like, Brad McQuaid levels of shady. There might be a simple explanation for it but I actually have to question if I want to even consider playing EQ:Next when everything I've seen with EQ2 leaves me feeling like SOE is literally a shady, underhanded company.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
If it is like EQ1, you get 500SC monthly when you are subbed, i bet you that is what it meant, "(Become)Premium for(a bonus) 500 SC (monthly)".

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If it is like EQ1, you get 500SC monthly when you are subbed, i bet you that is what it meant, "(Become)Premium for(a bonus) 500 SC (monthly)".
Yeah you get 500sc a month, but that's one hell of a stretch and it still sounds hella sketchy.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'd like to play this game but it has far too many buttons for a single human being to comprehend pressing.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to play this game but it has far too many buttons for a single human being to comprehend pressing.
This... I actually spoke to Holly about this and she said it was something that has been tabled for years but they have some type of beginning/newbie mode that simplifies this down to some point but honestly I forgot what she said.

Skurd_sl

shitlord
Anyone watching the EQ2 panel ?

New expansion zones look goddamn amazing, shit looks better than Landmark, what is this sorcery !?

Mur_sl

shitlord
So looks like Exiles get shared banking now. I had an Exile Paladin on Venekor for a while, which was fun. Did Exiles ever get an actual city, or just those tunnels? Also, does anyone actually play as an exile anymore?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Had a couple of friends in attendance said I needed to check it out. They said it was best thing of the weekend thus far given EQNext 2017 and no H1Z1 release.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
It honestly is the easiest fucking game i have ever played, most classes can honestly play with four hotbars and half of those are useless and situational/temps.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
EQ2 players are the laziest fucks around. After reading the news the past couple days, and seeing the bugfest that is Skyshrine Tower, decided to go back and rewatch some cutscenes, like the 4 rune Theer where Kerafyrm shows up and reveals himself

But they don't fucking exist, anywhere...

chorboy

Come watch me raid!
twitch.tv/vizshus im kanyewest in this raid force. #1 fury ww!

chorboy

So looks like Exiles get shared banking now. I had an Exile Paladin on Venekor for a while, which was fun. Did Exiles ever get an actual city, or just those tunnels? Also, does anyone actually play as an exile anymore?
No, no except maybe nagafen but they ruined tokens for exiles again i believe so its not even worth it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Sad really... EQ2 wins the keynotes for today. Maybe I'm partial because I'm from Lanys on EQ1.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe i'm saying this but do we have some RR people anywhere on EQ2? I don't think i'm going to dust my Templar off but think of rolling Ranger for giggles and playing the expansion. I have Destiny and H1Z1 (hopefully) in the near future but I really liked what I saw in the keynotes. Even though it still hurts my eyes to see all those freaking ability bars.

chorboy

I can't believe i'm saying this but do we have some RR people anywhere on EQ2? I don't think i'm going to dust my Templar off but think of rolling Ranger for giggles and playing the expansion. I have Destiny and H1Z1 (hopefully) in the near future but I really liked what I saw in the keynotes. Even though it still hurts my eyes to see all those freaking ability bars.
Im on crushbone, crushbone.kanyewest or crushbone.hammdaddy