Everquest II

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
whats the "functionally immortal" self-healing class for EQ2 ala Velious Paladins in EQ1?
That's a tough question because i'm not entirely sure what version of the game we're getting.

I played EQ2 PvP a lot and there has been a lot of balancing and adjustments over the years.

Defilers have always been tough to kill. They are absorption healers so they're different concept then your Inquisitors who have straight heals and a decent amount of offense. Furies ruled the game forever. Just think of a Druid on steroids. They regen heal but their offense is awesome. Their mana efficiency is the kicker though. They always seem to be able to stay healed and keep you DoT'd without straining their mana pool.

Paladins aren't bad either depending on what we get. Templars at one time were great as I remember switching my Inquis over to a Temp at one time. You simply couldn't kill them and were I always ran with a couple of my buddies, I could keep everyone healed including myself with very little effort and we would simply annihilate whoever jumped us.

We'll really need to wait and see. It's going to be hard for me to not roll a healing class but i'm definitely going Ranger for the fun. This leaves me an option to switch to an Assassin too if they're gank machines.

My advice, is to always have a couple of traveling buddies. If you have a couple of friends you'll always run with work out class combos. It means a lot. Some duos or trios are near unkillable.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Oh man so much fun will be had on the PvP server. People having to wait for boats, and not use insta travel, hell people (hopefully) having to unlock the boats so they can use them for Feerott and Lavastorm, and others. Kunark, flying into a landing pad with a full guild raid force, only to be met by another one just waiting for you...good time folks.

So who's gonna role exile?
I hope we don't go Exile. I know it leaves you a lot more PvP opportunities but I would prefer Qeynos or FP personally. I'll do whatever though...

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hope we don't go Exile. I know it leaves you a lot more PvP opportunities but I would prefer Qeynos or FP personally. I'll do whatever though...
It's a voting option if they even allow Exile anyhow. May not be in potentially.

(I'll be doing PVE though myself - don't feel like committing enough time to make PVP sensible)

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So basically it isn't a progression server at all. It's play the game as it is today but with a lower level cap.

Oh and you have to pay us to play with less content.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Come through
rrr_img_100406.jpg

Itzena_sl

shitlord
So basically it isn't a progression server at all. It's play the game as it is today but with a lower level cap.

Oh and you have to pay us to play with less content.
That's why it's called a progression server rather than a classic server. This is neither new nor surprising.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
That's why it's called a progression server rather than a classic server. This is neither new nor surprising.
Except people are thinking the game is going to be like they remember at those times, and it is in fact going to be nothing like it. You don't even have the starting islands.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Except people are thinking the game is going to be like they remember at those times, and it is in fact going to be nothing like it. You don't even have the starting islands.
I enjoyed the starting island....and the class quests.

Also will not have /pizza or the schilling boss mob

rrr_img_100421.jpg

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
holy shit look at all those buttons
It's bad but not that bad... first two rows are buffs/stances. The right hand block look to be clickies such as poisons. He also has his gates (calls home) in the right block as well. The bottom three rows are all that are used much.

Don't get me wrong. It's stupidly bad and it would be the number one thing I would fix but honestly they're more references than stuff you have to click all the time. When I PvP'd with my assassin, I used probably 3-5 buttons and they were dead.
smile.png

Itzena_sl

shitlord
How is Daybreak running their EQ2 progression servers in exactly the same way as their EQ progression servers surprising to you?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
It's bad but not that bad... first two rows are buffs/stances. The right hand block look to be clickies such as poisons. He also has his gates (calls home) in the right block as well. The bottom three rows are all that are used much.

Don't get me wrong. It's stupidly bad and it would be the number one thing I would fix but honestly they're more references than stuff you have to click all the time. When I PvP'd with my assassin, I used probably 3-5 buttons and they were dead.
smile.png
Yeah I remember my PvP ranger who was only 39 but all I really needed was like Ranged Auto Attack

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
You know, there's just no way around it: EQ2 is an abomination.
Having played intermittently since beta, no other game has so consistently disappointed me.

The amount of half baked, outright broken, and lazily implemented features, systems, and design philosophies is staggering. Every time you think you're going to encounter a well developed facet of the game, the truth sets in that it's just as shitty as the rest of the content. From the jump, this game was a disaster - the bloated and unresponsive combat, the terrible art and animations, the purposeful homogenization of an amazing world into a generic play-doh fantasy - it's all simply unforgivable.

Worst.Game.Ever.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
You know, there's just no way around it: EQ2 is an abomination.
Having played intermittently since beta, no other game has so consistently disappointed me.

The amount of half baked, outright broken, and lazily implemented features, systems, and design philosophies is staggering. Every time you think you're going to encounter a well developed facet of the game, the truth sets in that it's just as shitty as the rest of the content. From the jump, this game was a disaster - the bloated and unresponsive combat, the terrible art and animations, the purposeful homogenization of an amazing world into a generic play-doh fantasy - it's all simply unforgivable.

Worst.Game.Ever.
I wouldn't say that at all. No one has been more disappointed in EQ2 than I have been over the years. Especially starting from the beginning, seeing improvements during the Hartsman era, and then being let down through the ponytail takeover. Anyway, EQ2 did some things right. Their housing is still the best i've seen. Their tradeskill items are actually worth something. I think their AH is the easiest and most user-friendly of any MMO. Now all of those features are fluff and their core is the biggest problem it isn't that terrible. Their classes are fun and diverse. I think you get decent choices between offensive and defensive classes. Their abilities are bloated and some do not make sense but honestly outside of the sheer number of items that occupy real estate on my screen, it never really bothered me as I could always ignore a chunk of them. It irritated me more that they ignored this problem more so than anything. I always felt their worlds were nice nods to EQ without being carbon copies. Animations are clunky but I still think their game looks more authentic to a Tolkien fantasy world than other MMO's.

To each their own but my main point is EQII is disappointment and their annoyances are big ones but it's a decent game if you're willing to tolerate the hotbars. It's unfortunate people missed 2-3 really good years of EQII that I think would have changed their opinion of the game. Not to mention we had little tolerance for SoE when EQII launched and WoW was just dominating. It really didn't get a fair shake though they didn't help their own cause.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
any reason why this game runs like dogshit? my pc, both gpu and cpu are overclocked above the below displayed stats, yet EQ2 runs choppy and sluggish..

rrr_img_100436.png