Everquest II

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Revamped starting zones with better gear than you could get for almost all of classic, and no dungeon finder for instances? WTF crack smoking shit is this?

Granted, I don't know if they ever fixed the dungeon finder to be anything more than an absolutely uselessly broken pile of shit because it didn't exist when I last played.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EQ2 pvp was so fun. Loved to Fusion blast 1 shot people in the face on my wizzy.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pure healing? Templar all the way. Inq gives up some of the healing for dps / cures.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Pure healing? Templar all the way. Inq gives up some of the healing for dps / cures.
Right.. I was meta-answering him because pvp - templar is more cleric than inquisitor which is more paladin in the classic sense.

Inquisitors just have a better kit in pvp.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, makes sense!

I think Mystic is pretty epic too. I remember watching a couple guildies duel in KoS era. Templar vs Mystic and it literally went on for over an hour.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Vit is a pal. Inquisitor it is.
Do some research first becuase it's more of a healer class than the crusader archetype.

EQ2 does have paladins mind you. Just without stuff like Blind and shit.

Also keep in mind they might be doing Good vs Evil pvp server (so Qeynos vs Freeport)

Evil means Inquisitor instead of Templar and Shadowknight instead of Paladin. Both of which get similar base kits but get specialty skills after archetype selection.

This is all assuming they stick to the classic set of mechanics.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
But there is no Qeynos or Freeport. I guess they still exist, but they aren't using them for some reason?

Halas vs Neriak?

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
whats the "functionally immortal" self-healing class for EQ2 ala Velious Paladins in EQ1?
I dont think any healer will be immortal at launch.

Wardens/Furies will be pretty powerful with roots and snares, run speed, evac, and quick casting heals. I think furies will kick ass in groups with porcupine and fae fire along with healing and CC abilities. They wont be much for dps though. Any group with a fury and bard is gonna wreck.

Defiler seems to be stronger looking than mystic at launch, since defiler has better offensive spells to cast like fear ( atleast till AAs and later levels are added). Crystallize soul is great in pvp, plus lifetaps and better buffs imo.

Inquisitor will be a pretty strong healer, possibly the strongest at launch, offensibly I would say its gonna be the strongest next to warden/fury/defiler in terms of offensive power. Templar is better for heals, cures, and rez though, but lacks the offensive stuff that INQ gets. I think templar actually has more cure power atleast untill later expansions.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
How might someone go about reactivating an eq2 account that's like 12 years old?

Be luck I may be able to guess the login name, but don't know any credit cards used, no access to email account.

I have my name, old address at the time, and the original eq2 CDs with the key code number on it.....

What are my chances?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
How might someone go about reactivating an eq2 account that's like 12 years old?

Be luck I may be able to guess the login name, but don't know any credit cards used, no access to email account.

I have my name, old address at the time, and the original eq2 CDs with the key code number on it.....

What are my chances?
I'd say pretty good if you have the CD keys

Mur_sl

shitlord
Oh man so much fun will be had on the PvP server. People having to wait for boats, and not use insta travel, hell people (hopefully) having to unlock the boats so they can use them for Feerott and Lavastorm, and others. Kunark, flying into a landing pad with a full guild raid force, only to be met by another one just waiting for you...good time folks.

So who's gonna role exile?