Everquest II

Mur_sl

shitlord
Damn just got an Exquisite drop, and couldn't loot it...

I'll never know what could have been.

rrr_img_103122.jpg

Stupid DDoS

Mur_sl

shitlord
I was jusk dickin' around with a new char right before the DDoS this mornig, and they def. made it slower.

DLW quests that would have me at level 5 or 6 before have me at 3.
Discovery exp has been totally gutted, and is not worth more than 5% even when I was level 1.
Crafting quest stops you dead right at level 4, so you need to grind to hit 5 to continue the learning quest.

Yeah good direction so far, although I only had a short amount of time in game.

edit to add: One thing is the loot. Seems every 4th mob or so was a chest for me. Not the named, just trash, but it seemed high. Small Chest - Exquisite Chest.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been in an pretty big argument with the developers for awhile now whether the server is even worth doing. I said plain and simple that if they don't include some very basic components to the server it isn't gonna take off, i mean obviously its a quick way to draw back old players and make money off of them but i feel as if the subs would be longer and more consistent if they just fucking listened for about thirty seconds. So the isle issue is quite hilarious as the guys who do the EQ2Emulator (it is at about the 30-40 zones as far as being coded) find it fucking hilarious that they say the isle doesn't work (class quests too Fighter-Crusader-Paladin).
http://eq2emulator.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3881

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been in an pretty big argument with the developers for awhile now whether the server is even worth doing. I said plain and simple that if they don't include some very basic components to the server it isn't gonna take off, i mean obviously its a quick way to draw back old players and make money off of them but i feel as if the subs would be longer and more consistent if they just fucking listened for about thirty seconds. So the isle issue is quite hilarious as the guys who do the EQ2Emulator (it is at about the 30-40 zones as far as being coded) find it fucking hilarious that they say the isle doesn't work (class quests too Fighter-Crusader-Paladin).
Isle requires the original class system to work - and original class system won't work without an entire new char gen.

Queen's Colony/Overlord's Outpost is worth lobbying for as possibilities though.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Isle requires the original class system to work - and original class system won't work without an entire new char gen.

Queen's Colony/Overlord's Outpost is worth lobbying for as possibilities though.
I could be wrong but doesn't the client have support for predators/summoners etc still in the code?

They went as far as to make a 'shaper' class. Maybe there's a DB/code structure reason they can't do it?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It might be in code - I meant they'd have to redo all those quests and such - make sure they haven't broken in 6 years gone or whatever it is now and go back to what many found confusing, before having a chance of it - since "Isle of Refuge" was neutral.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The problem is likely in the character database. They've redone character loading stuff quite a few times because of excessive loading times, I wouldn't be surprised if that shit got dumped.

chorboy

Even queen's colony/overlord's outpost would work, they aren't original isle of refuge but pretty close

chorboy

Yea, I'm hoping for them. IoR would be cool but hopeless to expect.
I mean they at the moment all ready have to redo a majority of the itemization, i found pants at level 20 that gave 11.7 dps mod... and then a charm that gave about 7.4%. The questline that gives the pants is in Nek forest when you first zone in from the commonlands and the gear is even better than the class gear.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Is that server even up? The emulator