Everquest II

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
It'll be as bad as Stormhold was without a doubt. Either way gonna download beta and check it out

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
The beta is a total pain in the ass. For whatever reason the EXP tuned way down, so after about 3-4 levels everything will be orange or red quests. You basically have to run to each different starting hub to find any quests for your level.

If anything the exp should be boosted so we could test more quests and content, but this is DBG, and here we are.
They had it boosted the first beta and then I think nerfed it after the wipe.

Regarding the TLE server: Any class suggestions for a group of 3-4 friends? In particular, I'm curious if there are any powerhouse classes like EQ1's Enchanter.
Pet classes were really OP same as eq1 because for whatever reason they can't balance them correctly. A tank a healer illy and maybe a conj/necro or something along those lines id go for.

Our 6 man was a Guardian, dirge, warden, coercer, necro, ranger. Wish we did Fury illy conj necro troub and sk or guard or whatever tank because the 3 pets would have just melted everything

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
They had it boosted the first beta and then I think nerfed it after the wipe.

Pet classes were really OP same as eq1 because for whatever reason they can't balance them correctly. A tank a healer illy and maybe a conj/necro or something along those lines id go for.

Our 6 man was a Guardian, dirge, warden, coercer, necro, ranger. Wish we did Fury illy conj necro troub and sk or guard or whatever tank because the 3 pets would have just melted everything
Fury, paladin, conj, necro, illy, troub master group tbh ~. SK doesn't offer enough cool shit (death march) until higher levels. The paladin can basically keep himself up and the fury can keep him up/primal fury & fae fires.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Doesn't one of the shaman have like wolf pets too or were they only temp guardians

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Bah, I re-subbed my 3 accounts yet again. (1 main, 1 harvest, 1 portals)

Let me know if anyone here is going to play the TLE please.

I never learn...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
oh no.

I actually played eq2 2004 until avatars were removed. I was in the eq2 version of FoH in fact, until I left with Elkay to start a new guild. Server hopped after that fell apart, and was in NPU for a brief while, until my parses revealed me as a charade. Playing a DE enchanter was weird! We could top the parse on some encounters pretty easily, which is totally bizarre for the eq universe, but such was eq2 -- they turned chanters/illusionists into a dps class.

I think it is an underrated game. I remember lots of good times doing contested, multi-day Emerald Hall raids to try to be in the top ten ww to beat it, etc. But from what I understand, the "classic" mechanics, and even the late classic mechanics, are lost to time, and so never have been tempted to return.

I could be tempted to at least check out a new server. I still have 2 Sadres (yes, I made two characters) parked on two of the live servers. Maybe I'll go visit my house in Freeport! I got all the things!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm gonna be that guy and will be coming back to this as a total noob. The pros will be rushing by me to farm and make their hundreds of easy kr0nz, as I'm still level 10 trying to figure out all my buttons.

Anyone here give a brief run down on these servers, and EQ2 in general. I'm out there looking at Youtube vids and stuff.

chorboy

Ok,
Lets start with main stats:
In 2010 (SF) in an attempt to make this game easier/make it less cancer to itemize they consolidated the main stats (Int,Str,Agi) etc. into one stat per archetype
Agi - Scouts
Str - Fighters
Int - Mages
Wis - Priests
Sta - Increases Health
All of the stats increase damage by a flat % and give power. So no longer do you get auto damage from like str, and avoidance from agi etc.
At the start you won't have any AA' so no need to worry about that until lvl 70.
Now the stats:

Casting speed - Faster casting of spells/Ca's

Reuse speed - Reuse of spells/Ca's (Spell Reuse is now not a thing)

Crit Chance: Applies a damage increase calculated after Potency, So for example if i hit the mob for 10k, and i then crit it provides a 130% bonus to the spell so it will now hit for 23k.(it varies based on class iirc?(it's been awhile + i've been playing with like crit bonus and shit so i don't really care)

They rolled all crit chance into one stat instead of heal crit, spell crit, etc. So now it's a flat % that effects all abilites regardless of the type they are (Note: Fighter heal's can't crit)

Haste - Rate at which your auto attack swings (converts into flurry after a certain amount (idr what it is, i think 200%? it has a curve after a certain amount which makes it kinda useless)

Dps mod - Increases auto attack damage, iirc it's soft capped at like 160 or 200 or something on the server, kinda useless after that.

Ability mod - Potency increases the amount your spells hit for then lets say my spell hits for 10k which 70% potency, i need 5k ability mod to cap it out to make it hit for 15k (mod caps at 50% of spell value) (Aoes i think gain it at 1/3rd the rate, so you need x3 the amount of mod to cap it?)(once again last time i played it was impossible to cap it so it was kinda like just get as much as you can if you're a mage)

I think that's everything you really need to worry about, crit bonus is not a thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Ok,
Lets start with main stats:
In 2010 (SF) in an attempt to make this game easier/make it less cancer to itemize they consolidated the main stats (Int,Str,Agi) etc. into one stat per archetype
Agi - Scouts
Str - Fighters
Int - Mages
Wis - Priests
Sta - Increases Health
All of the stats increase damage by a flat % and give power. So no longer do you get auto damage from like str, and avoidance from agi etc.
At the start you won't have any AA' so no need to worry about that until lvl 70.
Now the stats:

Casting speed - Faster casting of spells/Ca's

Reuse speed - Reuse of spells/Ca's (Spell Reuse is now not a thing)

Crit Chance: Applies a damage increase calculated after Potency, So for example if i hit the mob for 10k, and i then crit it provides a 130% bonus to the spell so it will now hit for 23k.(it varies based on class iirc?(it's been awhile + i've been playing with like crit bonus and shit so i don't really care)

They rolled all crit chance into one stat instead of heal crit, spell crit, etc. So now it's a flat % that effects all abilites regardless of the type they are (Note: Fighter heal's can't crit)

Haste - Rate at which your auto attack swings (converts into flurry after a certain amount (idr what it is, i think 200%? it has a curve after a certain amount which makes it kinda useless)

Dps mod - Increases auto attack damage, iirc it's soft capped at like 160 or 200 or something on the server, kinda useless after that.

Ability mod - Potency increases the amount your spells hit for then lets say my spell hits for 10k which 70% potency, i need 5k ability mod to cap it out to make it hit for 15k (mod caps at 50% of spell value) (Aoes i think gain it at 1/3rd the rate, so you need x3 the amount of mod to cap it?)(once again last time i played it was impossible to cap it so it was kinda like just get as much as you can if you're a mage)

I think that's everything you really need to worry about, crit bonus is not a thing.
Fantastic information. Thank you.

Crone

Class suggestion if I might box in the future, but solo at start? Easy to get groups, and can be the base of a box group later on? I only played in classic, and remember having some fun back then with a Bruiser and a Druid type of some kind, but it's been so long.

Thanks!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Played a lot of classes along the way, mostly swash and illy for years of raiding, but in my experience my fury was the best and most fun for soloing up the levels, and was beast mode in groups pulling AE style.

chorboy

Theres about 600 more stats now tho
Like? Flurry, fervor, resolve don't matter. I guess I forgot AE Auto but i mean you can honestly just read tool tips and get exactly what I just told him.
Class suggestion if I might box in the future, but solo at start? Easy to get groups, and can be the base of a box group later on? I only played in classic, and remember having some fun back then with a Bruiser and a Druid type of some kind, but it's been so long.

Thanks!
Are you botting or boxing? Because it's hard to box a healer and a tank at the same time, i'd suggest a tank/healer and like a bard or enchanter.

Crone

Like? Flurry, fervor, resolve don't matter. I guess I forgot AE Auto but i mean you can honestly just read tool tips and get exactly what I just told him.

Are you botting or boxing? Because it's hard to box a healer and a tank at the same time, i'd suggest a tank/healer and like a bard or enchanter.
Going to be rolling solo at first, without any boxes. I didn't even know there was bots for this game. Fury sounds pretty sweet, might give that a shot. Or just go with a healer type, and then add an enchanter sometime later.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
This time I might go Nec or Fury, or Defiler

or not playing... lol

I am going Assassin this go around, let me know if you decide to play and want to grind.
( I will have a Wizzy alt for portals as the early traveling zone to zone sucks)

Same goes to anyone else...

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
There will be Channelers and Beastlords for the new TLE (and maybe Stormhold too), so are channelers any good? Beastlord seems decent, pet classes are almost always OP on these time locked servers lol.