Everquest II

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Time lock instead of voting is fine by me. It wasn't good last time the 1st TLE because of raid/itemization were not balanced. We will see how much or if there is any improvement this time.

Anyway, I find myself have a thing for EQ2. I mean I love EQ to death, but I always prefer EQ2 for whatever reason...

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'm debating coming back again for this server but i don't think I will bother until like DoF/KoS~. Vanilla was just so bad last time.
Before xp pots I enjoyed the grind (sorta) to 50 as you actually got to experience the zones and not bum rush straight to 50. I don't have the time to invest in another grind/raid though as idk if I'd really want to on this server

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'm debating coming back again for this server but i don't think I will bother until like DoF/KoS~. Vanilla was just so bad last time.
Before xp pots I enjoyed the grind (sorta) to 50 as you actually got to experience the zones and not bum rush straight to 50. I don't have the time to invest

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Never once thought about coming back to EQ2 after I played in vanilla. But damn if I don't feel like coming back for this, for some reason. hahaha

Is there a brief run down of shit? Only thing I know about EQ2 is that people bitch about too many buttons. Will it be true box? is there even boxing allowed or possible?

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
The beta is a total pain in the ass. For whatever reason the EXP tuned way down, so after about 3-4 levels everything will be orange or red quests. You basically have to run to each different starting hub to find any quests for your level.

If anything the exp should be boosted so we could test more quests and content, but this is DBG, and here we are.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Let's check out if they redo itemization/raids on the first three expansion or not...

Hah. Well unless their current TLE server was just a several year long beta, I don't see it happening. We would hope for that every expansion, and people would say 'surely this time'. I think each expansion was worse than the one before it.

lucy-football.jpg

They got a FEW things right but that was few and far between. Whatever expansion Plane of Hate was in was decent, and Hate had some actual unique memorable loot with useful effects.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm on the beta checking out gear and looks like they went through and revamped all the t4-t5 loot for classic. All the stats have been adjusted and they added focus effects, etc.

WNfzqmE.jpg

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Regarding the TLE server: Any class suggestions for a group of 3-4 friends? In particular, I'm curious if there are any powerhouse classes like EQ1's Enchanter.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Regarding the TLE server: Any class suggestions for a group of 3-4 friends? In particular, I'm curious if there are any powerhouse classes like EQ1's Enchanter.
After playing 3 different EQ TLPs, coming to back to EQ2 is gonna feel very foreign. Just wow!! Won't have any idea where to start. haha!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How do they handle the fact that they redesigned the core class system like 5 times?

I assume they don't have you start on noobie isle as one of the 4 main classes and earn your two subclasses until you hit whatever expac it was that redesigned the whole starting experience? Also are all the races in at the beginning or are you just restricted to the originals?

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fucking lol, I really hope they plan on not adding potency until they start itemizing more auto attack stats otherwise scouts are going to be useless like on TLE now (sans max hp debuffs). Before potency the gap wasn't horrible and it wasn't horrible until they scaled potency so high yet didn't uncap all the melee stats and didn't add crit bonus.

I'm betting this server is just gonna be another stormhold, poorly itemized and thought out.

Honestly they are just better off washing their hands of it and everyone just waiting for a emulator server at this points.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
sigh.....first TLE brought me back and the loot sucked.

Then, "Race to Trak" but me back and it died after all the records were achieved.....

I guess it's time to try again

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
How do they handle the fact that they redesigned the core class system like 5 times?

I assume they don't have you start on noobie isle as one of the 4 main classes and earn your two subclasses until you hit whatever expac it was that redesigned the whole starting experience? Also are all the races in at the beginning or are you just restricted to the originals?

You pick the class at the start, no more sub classes.

All races are available, except you have to pay $$$ to unlock Vamp or whatever the fuck the dragon things are called. Neither gives a substantial advantage, but vamps have a 'normal' and 'vampire' look you can toggle, and every 12 hours can warp to a groupmate (but there's a tinkering device that does this hourly).

Disclaimer: I only play on TLE, so have no idea what stuff is like on live.

chorboy

You pick the class at the start, no more sub classes.

All races are available, except you have to pay $$$ to unlock Vamp or whatever the fuck the dragon things are called. Neither gives a substantial advantage, but vamps have a 'normal' and 'vampire' look you can toggle, and every 12 hours can warp to a groupmate (but there's a tinkering device that does this hourly).

Disclaimer: I only play on TLE, so have no idea what stuff is like on live.
It's kinda op, see below.

You start as the class you pick right away as opposed to going from the 4 archetypes to the subclass then class. Also all races are available on TLE i think (?) I don't see any reason why the freeblood's wouldn't, but when they first came out they were the best race because they had a little lifetap which parsed actually, and i feel like if this was available before potency and stuff it would be op as fuck.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I am still debating, the 1st TLE burned me so much, if they don't re-balanced raid encounters for vanilla/DoF/KoS then forget it.

chorboy

I am still debating, the 1st TLE burned me so much, if they don't re-balanced raid encounters for vanilla/DoF/KoS then forget it.
Problem is they don't have much to work with until like KoS/EoF, before then this game is kinda trash. Classes aren't flushed out at all, no real challenge sans turn and burn etc.