Everquest - Live Servers

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Hitting the hard realization that I haven't played in 15+ years and goddamn, there is a lot of new shit. There any decent new player guides, since that's probably what I need at this point? I guess at some point, I got a heroic 85 character, though I don't remember when. Some of these new spells are wild.

It felt the same way when we started back a month or so ago... I found some great resources on YouTube and online (some a little dated but works as you progress) but as I remember more I'll share. These are some of my most helpful resources I have found.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So I looked and I had two accounts and reset their password. Easier way to find what character is on which account and what server it is on other than logging in and going through every server on both accounts and looking? I would have thought they had a way to log in and see on the web but apparently not.

Edit - found them. 90 Ranger on one server and 75 zerker on another. No idea why don't remember the zerker. At one time had a 90 Shaman but it's gone.

I realise it's been forever since I played but the simplest things seem complicated. Like seeing stats on an item, figured that one out eventually. Opened spell book and never could figure out how to read anything on the spell other the name. Did download a new UI which helped.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Iris Xe can handle EverQuest just fine. Its about the strength of a GTX 1050. You're running into a software problem, or a conflict with touch screen bullshit etc. Which you'll likely get better help in the tech thread.

Yeah the touch screen bullshit was definitely hurting more than it helped.

I switched that computer out for an ASUS with identical specs (most importantly, it also has an OLED screen), no touch screen, and an RTX 3050. This one runs EQ with no issue whatsoever, good framerate, crowds of people don't slow it down.

Have a new issue though: I can't seem to open any backpacks. Right click works for everything else. Can inspect things, scribe spells, remove spell gems. However when I right click on a backpack...nothing. Tried reloading, trying different characters, can't open a backpack. Can't say I've ever heard of this issue before or have any idea why something like that would happen. Other than that the game runs better than it did on most of my old computers.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>

I switched that computer out for an ASUS with identical specs (most importantly, it also has an OLED screen), no touch screen, and an RTX 3050. This one runs EQ with no issue whatsoever, good framerate, crowds of people don't slow it down.

Have a new issue though: I can't seem to open any backpacks. Right click works for everything else. Can inspect things, scribe spells, remove spell gems. However when I right click on a backpack...nothing. Tried reloading, trying different characters, can't open a backpack. Can't say I've ever heard of this issue before or have any idea why something like that would happen. Other than that the game runs better than it did on most of my old computers.
What about setting a hotkey for opening all bags

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

They've had a litany of bugs as they've been introducing their new UI framework piece by piece. I wouldn't to be surprised if it's something to do with that. I assume you're using the default UI?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They've had a litany of bugs as they've been introducing their new UI framework piece by piece. I wouldn't to be surprised if it's something to do with that. I assume you're using the default UI?

Yarp, always used the default one.

What about setting a hotkey for opening all bags

That would probably be a good workaround. What's the default command for that, Ctrl B? I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well only took me almost 20 years, but finally finished this damn epic. God, I always wanted this title so bad, but had quit before finishing.

Epic 2-0.jpg

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well only took me almost 20 years, but finally finished this damn epic. God, I always wanted this title so bad, but had quit before finishing.

View attachment 519276

Probably the best Epic 2.0 out of all of them, too.

Someone with Youtube talent should make videos ranking the epics and epic 2.0s, with their pros and cons weighed. Don't think anything like that exists on Youtube now.

Off the top of my head I'd say the top four 1.0s are Cleric, Monk, Bard, Rogue. Top four 2.0s are Shaman, Necro, Cleric, Shadowknight. If weighing for longevity of usefulness, Cleric 1.0 and Shaman 2.0 should be tops because they never stop being useful. IIRC Necro 2.0 was similar but after level 100 or so they added similar focii to other items so people could finally replace it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ranger 1.0 offhand actually becomes wildly strong in luclin because you use it with archery. Sk 2.0 is pretty class defining; not sure what if any expiry they put on it. The cleric 1.0 actually finally gets sunset after a while as they put in a faster aa rez, but I think the 2.0 divine arb click is good forever.

Borzak

Ranger 1.0 was great for soloing and a small group missing some key people. Offhand haste and a mainhand slow proc.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 519276

I know that feeling. My first MMO char was an EQ mage that I played from EQ release date to like 03, even won the server Best of the Best, and I still never got the epic. Finally did it on the most recent TLE server, still just as satisfying !

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ranger 1.0 was great for soloing and a small group missing some key people. Offhand haste and a mainhand slow proc.

Yeah the Ranger 1.0 is wildly underrated. So useful in general compared to most of the others. Probably top 5 for 1.0s.

I like the Bard 1.0 a lot because it takes the place of all of the instruments at once (and it's BIS for all of them in Kunark I believe, maybe also Vel/Luc, not sure). So it instantly makes your melodies way more effective across the board while eliminating the need to bandolier. It's also great for AFK skill-upping all of your song types at once, especially if the bard is an alt that got PLed.

Damn, all this stuff is making me want to play a bunch of different classes. Was gonna go SK or Paladin on next server, then added Cleric or Shaman possibility, now I'm thinking Ranger or Bard would both also be a good time. I guess with this new persona system it'd be easy enough to "dual-class" and do, say, Ranger and SK or something.

Never did a Ranger in Kunark era, they still tank well 51-60?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Probably the best Epic 2.0 out of all of them, too.

Someone with Youtube talent should make videos ranking the epics and epic 2.0s, with their pros and cons weighed. Don't think anything like that exists on Youtube now.

Off the top of my head I'd say the top four 1.0s are Cleric, Monk, Bard, Rogue. Top four 2.0s are Shaman, Necro, Cleric, Shadowknight. If weighing for longevity of usefulness, Cleric 1.0 and Shaman 2.0 should be tops because they never stop being useful. IIRC Necro 2.0 was similar but after level 100 or so they added similar focii to other items so people could finally replace it.
Still using BST 2.0 at 90.

Borzak

Logged in and looked at my lvl 90 ranger. I have no idea what the 2.0 epic is for a ranger.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The bard 2.0 is super useful and has solid longevity, as much as the shaman. It's more versatile than the shaman one because it helps melee and casters.

I would definitely put it before the necro since that one only affects one character's abilities.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just had a crazy thought: A Kunark launch server where everyone starts with their epic 1.0 right out of the gate. Gotta be level 40+ for the quests, but it'd be easy enough to eliminate the required level (if they have one) and have a recommended level of 50 so they basically level up with you. Have the click effects and procs have a level 40 requirement or something. This hypothetical server would be a ton of fun.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Still using BST 2.0 at 90.

For the weapon or the effect? Not familiar with BST 2.0 (or BST in general).

IIRC the monk 2.0 and berserker 2.0 are both extremely good weapons for a while. Zerker 2.0 is BIS for the entire level 70 era and I didn't replace it until the Frostcrypt hammer four expansions later. Even then it still has a click worth using regularly during fights.

Monk 2.0 might have even more longevity. BIS weapon through the 70 era (unless the DODH tonfa is better, but I never even saw one of those drop) and since they dual wield, even a better weap won't knock it out of use. Brumal's fist in TSS is the first real upgrade to it that I remember seeing, and isn't Lore. So you could get two Brumals and stop using the 2.0, but more likely it'll get offhanded right through to TBS and the two possible monk weapons in Solteris.

I don't know how it is now, but on live raiding Solteris I think we got one Ball of Sunlight and one letter opener in 4 months or so of raiding the zone once a week. Monks were still using Brumals and 2.0s. A lot of the time you're at the mercy of the drop rates. Two handers might be a better option now too.

Most importantly the Monk/Zerker epics look really cool. My favorite is probably the Ranger 2.0, which looks like the Master Sword went Super Saiyan. The Paladin 2.0 lightsaber is also pretty damn sweet.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
For the weapon or the effect? Not familiar with BST 2.0 (or BST in general).

IIRC the monk 2.0 and berserker 2.0 are both extremely good weapons for a while. Zerker 2.0 is BIS for the entire level 70 era and I didn't replace it until the Frostcrypt hammer four expansions later. Even then it still has a click worth using regularly during fights.

Monk 2.0 might have even more longevity. BIS weapon through the 70 era (unless the DODH tonfa is better, but I never even saw one of those drop) and since they dual wield, even a better weap won't knock it out of use. Brumal's fist in TSS is the first real upgrade to it that I remember seeing, and isn't Lore. So you could get two Brumals and stop using the 2.0, but more likely it'll get offhanded right through to TBS and the two possible monk weapons in Solteris.

I don't know how it is now, but on live raiding Solteris I think we got one Ball of Sunlight and one letter opener in 4 months or so of raiding the zone once a week. Monks were still using Brumals and 2.0s. A lot of the time you're at the mercy of the drop rates. Two handers might be a better option now too.

Most importantly the Monk/Zerker epics look really cool. My favorite is probably the Ranger 2.0, which looks like the Master Sword went Super Saiyan. The Paladin 2.0 lightsaber is also pretty damn sweet.
The effect. Pet buff clicky.

• 1Like