Everquest - Live Servers

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've got a similar question: Probably gonna knock them all out soon either way, but are any of Vaniki's raid achievements particularly must-do to have the rewards for the next server? I did everything up through level 55 IIRC and still have most of those claims banked (except the Emperor Ssra pet, unfortunately, which went well with his sword)

View attachment 520541
Any mention of Ssra reminds me of my teenage fandom of the Shissar. Still looking at WoW to implement Naga, and with it Centaurs and Ogres - each playable race would be a surge of players returning, undoubtably. Not the fucking furries and faggot dragons. What a fucking shit show disaster idea those were. Of all the shit they could have brought forward. Hell, the snake people in BFA that remind me of the Shissar would have been better than either of those two.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any mention of Ssra reminds me of my teenage fandom of the Shissar. Still looking at WoW to implement Naga, and with it Centaurs and Ogres - each playable race would be a surge of players returning, undoubtably. Not the fucking furries and faggot dragons. What a fucking shit show disaster idea those were. Of all the shit they could have brought forward. Hell, the snake people in BFA that remind me of the Shissar would have been better than either of those two.

They're just imitating EQ, as they've done so much of, and it was time to imitate the Drakkin.

But yeah, I'm really surprised the Ogres were never added as a playable race. Seemed like they were set up for that from the beginning.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Should I be boosting a level 100 heroic free thingy they have available?
If I were to what server would I do it on? Anyone have a breakdown on the current viable servers? Really looking for the highest population or best ruleset I suppose.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Must be at least a couple of new players. I was sitting outside today and had my phone so I looked at twitch. Someone was streaming EQ on the FV server low level. First thought was an alt. He was confused as to the difference between root and snare.

I can make a 85 heroic character. I guess I could make a shaman to go with my 90 ranger to replace my 90 shaman I lost. Maybe one day.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Isn’t fv the only server you can’t transfer off from or to?

what server has the most raiding guilds or highest pop on it, anyone know?

Borzak

I think once you transfer onto FV you can't transfer off. Almost all the stuff is tradeable from player to player. Listing after listing of Blade of Carnage on the bazaar for twinks I assume.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Isn’t fv the only server you can’t transfer off from or to?

what server has the most raiding guilds or highest pop on it, anyone know?

IIRC Xegony and Bristlebane have strong raid games right now but I'm probably wrong. FV is likely the highest-pop regular server. Mischief is likely highest-pop TLP and is currently on... House of Thule, I believe?

Other people can answer all of this better than I can though. In any case I'd just pick one, most of the servers have stuff going on at this point. They've been consolidated, merged, and re-consolidated.

Borzak

I have a number of archery spells I don't remember getting. But they are already in my spell book so I guess I did. Note says they require 3 wood arrows of whatever number and type. I looked it up and it didn't really say. I assume this means I have to carry around stacks of those arrows and not rely on endless quiver AA? I might have to actually fletch something. I normally just paid someone else to do it as I'm not big into trade skills and such.

Borzak

I'm a master ranger. I gotta find my fletching kit and figure out where to buy materials to fletch the one I need. The only ones for sale are all class 9. And look up how to fletch. I have a couple of hundred AA unspent I guess I could spend them on trade AA to improve chances. Not even sure if the spells are worth it but it's something knew. 14 years ago I was fear kiting animals and headshoting shit for AA.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eqtraders.com was my go to for trade skills back in the day should be easy to find it there

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I got them made. The only thing is when I was fletching them up I had to click one point, one shaft, one fletch at a time and set the number to 1 to put into the kit. I couldn't figure out how to click and send 1 out of a stack at once. Just something stupid I don't know how to search for the answer.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I got them made. The only thing is when I was fletching them up I had to click one point, one shaft, one fletch at a time and set the number to 1 to put into the kit. I couldn't figure out how to click and send 1 out of a stack at once. Just something stupid I don't know how to search for the answer.
ctrl + click
shift + click is for a whole stack
Works with buying and selling stuff too

Borzak

Thanks that makes it much faster. Apparently at some point I have fletched since I kept getting the message stuff was trivial and couldn't advance my skill. 183 skill I looked later.

Borzak

I don't have the mental ability to play eq.
Was fun to look around and take a stroll down amnesia lane.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't have the mental ability to play eq.
Was fun to look around and take a stroll down amnesia lane.
I assure you, eq still takes 0 mental ability to play. But there is a fuckload of places to go and things to do after 30 xpacs. If you want to get the full nostalgiaberry experience join the next TLP in May or hit up p99. Or if you have a mac you might give Agnarr a try.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I assure you, eq still takes 0 mental ability to play. But there is a fuckload of places to go and things to do after 30 xpacs. If you want to get the full nostalgiaberry experience join the next TLP in May or hit up p99. Or if you have a mac you might give Agnarr a try.
Sir. I politely disagree. Mischief showed me just how wide the playing field is when it comes to a TLP player's mental ability. Though, thats not a disparagement of the game. As I also found that if you're quick witted, you can make fun of people all day long in EQ and they'll never be the wiser. Made a masturbation joke in my leveling group, and the Bard, a guy that admitted he was only able to play with one hand, didnt realize the joke was about him till a fucking WEEK later. "Bro, who the fuck are you again?"

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

I doubt I will but just curious.

If I decided to play semi serious and level and such would the latest expansion be reqquired? I assume that still gives all expansions? Also does buying the newest expansion include a month of sub or do you need a sub for that to start off as well? I haven't really kept up.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I doubt I will but just curious.

If I decided to play semi serious and level and such would the latest expansion be reqquired? I assume that still gives all expansions? Also does buying the newest expansion include a month of sub or do you need a sub for that to start off as well? I haven't really kept up.
You need a sub to get AAs. Period. I think they cap free accounts at 250 or something ridiculous like that, which means you would never be more than a gimp. You do get a free month with the more expensive versions of newest xpac.

Sub is needed for gear as well. So you will be subbing if you plan to play on live servers.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What moonarchia said, with the exception that once you're geared, leveled, aa'd you can get a set of free to play, non-prestige gear and do non latest expansion content. I do this throughout the year, for anniversary stuff or fooling around