Everquest Mysteries

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Shit I remember the audio player imbeded in EQ that I used to play and listen to RAGTM and RHCP while grinding out in Velks

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I remember that same player shitting the bed on non-Creative sound cards and causing crashes whenever rain happened. The best.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
^Western Wastes

Yup thanks. I remember they had a patch where shooting with a bow had almost no delay and unlimited range. I had wamped in WW and logged in and just wiped out shit one after another and stuff that normally would have killed me instantly. They rolled it back after just a short while.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone mentioned Kunark release and idiots not knowing they were KOS in places. We (early Triton) had someone with the opposite issue -- he had some bug where he was max faction with everything. He could run anywhere with impunity. We'd use him for corpse runs in Seb since he could run down to Trak's lair and sit underneath him if he wanted to. I always wanted to replicate that bug.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure someone from Hoss (endgame guild) on Druzzil Ro had the same thing happen with Velious factions. Started the expac friendly with TOV mobs.

I wanna say it was a druid, Andaas, or something similar.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Someone mentioned Kunark release and idiots not knowing they were KOS in places. We (early Triton) had someone with the opposite issue -- he had some bug where he was max faction with everything. He could run anywhere with impunity. We'd use him for corpse runs in Seb since he could run down to Trak's lair and sit underneath him if he wanted to. I always wanted to replicate that bug.

Speaking of... Is there anyway on a Mac to somehow download EQ with god mode or something and be able to run around the game and see all the bad guys in place, and kill anything you want?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of... Is there anyway on a Mac to somehow download EQ with god mode or something and be able to run around the game and see all the bad guys in place, and kill anything you want?
Plenty of EQEmu servers would work for this. I'm not sure how/if the client works on a Mac though.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

I had some weird faction shit happen to one of my characters, an erud necro named Grafenburg. I liked camping the Miller siblings right outside SFG. As a necro I could kill them starting at level 20 and milk the spawn until the low 30s. I must have killed those fuckers hundreds and hundreds of times with that necro. I got to max kos pretty quick, but at some point my faction randomly cycled from max kos to max ally. No idea why it happened. At the time I thought I had killed them so many times that the faction had just bottomed out and gone full circle.

Another odd thing happened with that same character. I was doing a marathon exping session deep into the morning hours. The server was totally deserted and it had just been me and my skelly pet for a long time in an otherwise empty Qeynos Hills. It was probably the hours of solitude and the lack of sleep, but I've always felt QH could be a little spooky, especially up by the undead ruins.

Anyway, I had a ton of copper from killing the Millers and I handed it off to my pet for once instead of destroying it like I normally did. Right after I hit "trade" the pet said "Thank you for the money Grafenburg." No joke. At the time I assumed it was just an NPC pet script thing. Looking back I realize it must have been some GM, bored out of his mind at 4am that had decided to possess my pet for the hell of it. Either way, it was really fucking bizarre and never happened again.

• 1Seriously?

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Anyway, I had a ton of copper from killing the Millers and I handed it off to my pet for once instead of destroying it like I normally did. Right after I hit "trade" the pet said "Thank you for the money Grafenburg." No joke. At the time I assumed it was just an NPC pet script thing. Looking back I realize it must have been some GM, bored out of his mind at 4am that had decided to possess my pet for the hell of it. Either way, it was really fucking bizarre and never happened again.
Bro I'm trying to wind down for the night and read FoH not trying to browse /r/nosleep

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did anyone else use the hidden tunnel in Firiona Vie to avoid the drachnids and get a safe run to Lake of Ill Omen in their early 20s?

I only remembered this the other day when I was checking out the zone again on EQ Scout.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Did anyone else use the hidden tunnel in Firiona Vie to avoid the drachnids and get a safe run to Lake of Ill Omen in their early 20s?

I only remembered this the other day when I was checking out the zone again on EQ Scout.

What? I've never heard of this

Witless

Trakanon Raider

The only tunnel I remember had an entrance in the outpost that exited near the Dreadlands entrance. Im guessing you could wall hump to the Lake entrance further along the same wall.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of "secret" tunnels, I leveled a wood elf druid porter on Aradune to port around my dark elf. I struggled to find a place to park her in Neriak Commons where she wouldn't get killed by random guards. I ended up finding a tunnel network behind the waterfall I never knew existed and isn't on most maps. It's not on the first two maps below, but is on the third one in magenta.

1597419453763.png

1597419478108.png

1597419508327.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
awww sweet incest love
The retconned lore from LoY isn't much better than the original story. Origin of the Barbarians and Frogloks

Specifically: "... Morell divided Mithaniels Gift of Life, ... Where Mithaniels Gift of Life fell upon the swamps of Norrath, the first Froglok Tads were born. ... While the Goddess of Love blissfully rested in the lands of the fair elves, Morell-Thule visited her in a dream and gave to her the second half of Mithaniel's Gift of Life. It was soon to be evident to the fair elves that their visiting daughter of the Gods was with child ..."

If Gift of Life isn't a euphemism for sperm idk what is. Also Morell is canonically a rapist so...

• 1Like