Everquest - Phinigel server

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
My big problem with the XP is that EQs balance in this era is so poor.

The xp is so slow you have to form a really strong group to get anything even half way decent, so that means multiple pets. And god forbid you end up in that group with a bard druid and rogue, you might as well log out. It sucks the fun out of just taking it easy and getting some xp when you need to be that focused on group comp.

They really should cut the dps of charmed pets in half and increase base XP by 50% to try to even things out a bit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
LachiusTZ, you do realize some people actually enjoy leveling up when there are real group members in the proper dynamic? Or enjoy the social interaction of it?

As long as I have cool people to group with, it doesn't matter if we are grinding XP in CB or Unrest or farming Hate.
These TLPs are an ocean of emotional crybaby grown men, it was nice to be grouped with someone normal and fun on my grind. Not to mention it lets you get a feel for who has common sense in your guild grouping with so many people.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How long did it take you?
I've opted to slack once I reached 46 since that's "raiding level" - but for guildmates, they were regularly knocking it those levels in 2-3 hrs at a time for those that made it there pre and post - 2X.

OoT Gobs and King LGuk groups I believe.

(And Stat, is that you? LOL)

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
These TLPs are an ocean of emotional crybaby grown men, it was nice to be grouped with someone normal and fun on my grind. Not to mention it lets you get a feel for who has common sense in your guild grouping with so many people.
The other side of the coin being getting a couple terrible groups in a row is soul sucking. Had three sets of brain dead folks in a row over the course of a few days and decided to take a little break.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Shit I can't stand being in a crappy group. If we aren't clearing our camp and then some I prefer to migrate. But I'm boxing a group, well will be. Still only 9. Ordered some kangaroo PC for $99 each that can box one toon.

Vaclav

Shit I can't stand being in a crappy group. If we aren't clearing our camp and then some I prefer to migrate. But I'm boxing a group, well will be. Still only 9. Ordered some kangaroo PC for $99 each that can box one toon.
Going to box a full 6?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
LachiusTZ, you do realize some people actually enjoy leveling up when there are real group members in the proper dynamic? Or enjoy the social interaction of it?

As long as I have cool people to group with, it doesn't matter if we are grinding XP in CB or Unrest or farming Hate.
Thats why I like EQ, but lets not act like we are seeing new content here. I can run classic / kunark zones with my fucking eyes closed. If the game was new, fresh, etc, then yeah, spending 4hrs grinding one level would be ok. Or if this was a game going through NATURAL PROGRESSION, and not a server RERELEASING 15 year old content. LJ / RF were too fast, but goddamn Phini was a bit rough. It does open up as you level, which is fucking insane since it forces you into killing moss snakes and spiders more than grouping at camps etc.

You must be outside your fucking mind if you think NOT wanting to grind 1-50 for 80+hrs over the holidays (Nov to Jan 1st) as a adult human in 2015 is cause to call someone an "emotional crybaby grown men".

I've gamed with you 2 or 3 times now. You go hardcore, then bail on forum pals for progression, then bail on progression cause you cant hack it.

Fucking clownshoes.

Siddar

Early everquest has always been a reward not a fun based game. You go through the unfun grinding of experience then you reep the rewards of being level 50. While the lowly masses continue to be far less powerful then you because they are still in the 20 -30 level range. The addition of Krono to the game has simply increased the rewards of grinding to 50 asap while the exp nerf has prolonged the benefits of doing so.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Once you guys hit 40 the hole is where its at for XP, have a chanter charm a lower level golem or fighty fiend. Did 45-50.9 there in about 11 hours (had double xp).
Yeah the hole is even where it's at for Kunark (ghosts anyway). I actually think OOT gobs are faster if you can pull them fast enough. The hole has it all though, good loot, good exp and fast repops. My group there yesterday must have had 4-5 smoldering brands drop while we were there, 1 loam robe and a handful of other loam pieces. I also got the stat bow and a pair of those 45lb resist pauldrons.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You must be outside your fucking mind if you think NOT wanting to grind 1-50 for 80+hrs over the holidays (Nov to Jan 1st) as a adult human in 2015 is cause to call someone an "emotional crybaby grown men".

I've gamed with you 2 or 3 times now. You go hardcore, then bail on forum pals for progression, then bail on progression cause you cant hack it.

Fucking clownshoes.
I wasnt talking about the grind but lol? Also forum guilds are horrible, god forbid I went to Midwinter in WoW instead of some playing with retards like you.

@Alavaz sell me those IGS =p and the ghosts are really good xp until 55ish. Their AE fear though is horrible, Ive been feared damn near to Yael by some of those named.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The implication of what you said + quotes . . . fuk it, going to say it plainly.

Keep my name out of your mouth. (Cause you know, then I wouldnt think you were responding to what I was saying / someone was saying back to me etc? I mean, thats how dialogue works, and launguage etc etc?)

MY BAD MAN, didnt realize you were ESL.

And the mini van raids were not that bad, could have done pretty well if we could have kept our tank~

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Had to work a lot, so i'm super behind on levels. Probably going to get kicked from SA
frown.png

Vaclav

Had to work a lot, so i'm super behind on levels. Probably going to get kicked from SA
frown.png
They doing a level purge? If so, and you want a break - try to talk to Indiana/Eleventh - he's super reasonable and is probably the most likely to go to bat for someone I'd imagine - he's a great, caring guy in my experience.

Vaclav

Yep. These kangaroo PC are pretty cool, size of an iphone. Going to try ench/mage3/nec/clr. Setting them up today and will get going.
Yea, I saw those - just was curious how many your were going for. Wireless keyboards/etc a must?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Decent box partner for a shaman that isn't an SK? (This is on LJ with a decently geared epiced shaman - excuse the hijack).
You can have decent success with any class + shaman. If you want to totally mow shit down though, shaman + necro or mage is a great combo.