Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Haha am I really getting blasted on the FoH forum of all places for wanting to play a lot of EQ directly after an expansion launch? This place has gone soft!
One reply and three reactions, yep, you got obliterated with shame.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Haha am I really getting blasted on the FoH forum of all places for wanting to play a lot of EQ directly after an expansion launch? This place has gone soft!

That's my thought reading half the complaining on here. Thought this was the place people bragged about fucking people over back in the day (for no financial gain, just for fun). At least people are fucking people over for money now.

Oh wow people are blocking you from doing an epic? Jeez sounds so terrible. I'm sure every guild 20 years ago would have loved it if the top guild didn't fuck other guilds out of content!

I personally think people fucking you over for financial gain should get more respect than back in the day when people fucked others over just for their own pleasure.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Biggest frustration I have right now is the minimal picks in LGuk and trying to find an open assassin camp to get a mask for one or two alts. Other than that I can enjoy the game with my instance guild and avoid the farmers for the most part. Even won a DPS race on the AC for my jboots as a solo enchanter - got lucky since the warping necros weren’t online so I got a head start on dots/nukes.

Yes, it is very absurd lol. LGUK Frenzy is always camped by the Naedian/Aeann 25 necro multi boxer who also controls Efreeti and whatever else exists out there.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I mean to each their own. To me that would be a really shitty second job.

Not only is the pay terrible, but you're also turning something that was fun into something of a grind. You're also killing the experience that other people have playing the game in the process.
The biggest krono whales I know all really enjoy the game and certainly don't make it a second job. In my experience they just play the game 10x+ more efficiently than everyone else + WFH or are just wealthy. Hell, the ones that come to mind for me I doubt they even sell the krono, the just like being pixel Smaug. That being said the kind of goober you're thinking of definitely exists, I just don't think they're the real big ballers of EQ.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The biggest krono whales I know all really enjoy the game and certainly don't make it a second job. In my experience they just play the game 10x+ more efficiently than everyone else + WFH or are just wealthy. Hell, the ones that come to mind for me I doubt they even sell the krono, the just like being pixel Smaug. That being said the kind of goober you're thinking of definitely exists, I just don't think they're the real big ballers of EQ.
Yeah, no, it is what everyone thinks. There are plenty of players who accumulate a lot of Krono through just game knowledge, but the people this thread is talking about are pure garbage cans. 18-30 laptops, illegal MQ2 compiles, etc etc. They're not amassing Krono to have. They're selling it.

Some of them even on this very site :)

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
And I'm saying I want to buy some krono off of those scum fucks and they can't even respond to me. Fucking bullshit

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, no, it is what everyone thinks. There are plenty of players who accumulate a lot of Krono through just game knowledge, but the people this thread is talking about are pure garbage cans. 18-30 laptops, illegal MQ2 compiles, etc etc. They're not amassing Krono to have. They're selling it.

Some of them even on this very site :)

How many people you think have an mq2 compile on an active TLP server.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aradune has been a big disappointment so far. The terrible launch has really stunted the growth of the sever and defiantly has a lower pop than mangler was at this point. Maybe a clean kunark launch can help bring some back but right now its way behind mangler in terms of popularity and more on the level of Coirnav.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
How many people you think have an mq2 compile on an active TLP server.
Somewhere between 10-25 between Mangler and Aradune. I can tell you for a fact at least 5 people have it. And I know their krono lord scum because it costs them a hefty fee to use it.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I only know of the 5 easy to spot ones from mangler cause it's easy to tell when it's truebox bypass and mq2. Wasn't hard to do the math on mangler with each of them running 36 at a minimum lol. I didn't think more than maybe a few were on aradune. It just seems like the few using it are running 30-60 each. Or are the other 10ish just real small timers using it for less obvious things?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I only know of the 5 easy to spot ones from mangler cause it's easy to tell when it's truebox bypass and mq2. Wasn't hard to do the math on mangler with each of them running 36 at a minimum lol. I didn't think more than maybe a few were on aradune. It just seems like the few using it are running 30-60 each. Or are the other 10ish just real small timers using it for less obvious things?
Yes. I mean you have your Mabbus and people like that who use it to grief. Some people have it to privately do their own DZ's and don't sell loot or anything, just want their own Rizlona, but off Rizlona.

DickTrickle

There's at least I know of who doesn't do large raids but camps different spots in a multitude of areas.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Honestly, not trying to be a sperg but camping things you don't need in order to sell them for Krono, regardless of the resale of that krono for cash, still makes you an asshat.

The fact that there are DZ' makes it bearable but holy shit the amount of people that tried to muscle me out of krono camps is silly.

RE: Botting / MQ2 / Kiss assist or whatever yall are running now. You should be thankful that GM's don't give a fuck anymore because yall obvious as fuck. Everyone sees you insta facing mobs, insta casting on spawn, teleporting like no one can see you. ALSO, Yall make up the dumbest excuses ever when you get caught. No one believes you when you say you bind in zone and the proceed to teleport places but, again, yall should be thankful that GM's don't fucking care.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That's my thought reading half the complaining on here. Thought this was the place people bragged about fucking people over back in the day (for no financial gain, just for fun). At least people are fucking people over for money now.

Oh wow people are blocking you from doing an epic? Jeez sounds so terrible. I'm sure every guild 20 years ago would have loved it if the top guild didn't fuck other guilds out of content!

I personally think people fucking you over for financial gain should get more respect than back in the day when people fucked others over just for their own pleasure.

That was 20 years ago. Everyone is grown up now.

Edit: *Almost* everyone

• 1Worf

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
That was 20 years ago. Everyone is grown up now.

Edit: *Almost* everyone

From the outside it seems more like the old people just wanna be casual and mad some people wanna still play the game hardcore. Either they couldn't back in the day for whatever reason or they want to relive those days. Just cause someone is retired from that type of playing shouldn't make those currently doing it worse people.

I understand being mad you can't have a camp. But it is just funny which forum the complaining is happening on. I forget where I am reading sometimes.

Plenty of people didn't think being hardcore 20 years ago was cool. It's a matter of perspective. I'll agree there is a small percentage of people who don't give 2 fucks about the community or their rep. But I think it's a bit strong to start bad mouthing every one who wants to Batphone and compete or everyone that farms for a few krono here and there.

A very very very small amount of people can make a living playing everquest and a big portion of those people are powerlevelers.

People don't really think these fucks are raiding hours a day for 6-12 months to sell their 1 or 2 toons for $500 right? Sometimes hobbies do give rewards that are worth money. It just happens. It's not the reason they do it. If you're good at another hobby and win a tourney you might get money for winning the tournament. Only talking about the people in raid guilds who sell when they quit of course. Not the full time farmers for this specific section anyways.

The vast majority of them are having a shit ton of fun I'm sure. I personally could only do 1 tlp of raiding. I also wouldn't be playing everquest if my situation were like some of the ones in voice chat when you hear the wife or kids yelling in background and you know his wife and kids probably get very little of dads attention.

I'll 100% agree the mass botting and mq2 and truebox breaking will be the death of the game. But the normal competition I don't mind. Most of those cheaters are the laziest fucks you could know. They are just using everquest to mine krono like bitcoin. The ones that are full groups botting either train them or stand on top of them if theyre awake. They get scared you're recording and will just camp out after they get to manual play for 10minutes and realize you aren't leaving lol.

I'm really not sure how you deal with the 30 mage/necro thing. Hard to 100% tell automation on the 2 necro 2 mage teams that kill 3 mobs or exactly how many people own how many each. The rule set definitely helped those boxers cause now you just put 2 toons at a camp instead of 6 like previously. Thanks daybreak!

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aradune feels worse than all the previous servers though. Im sure so many people being outta work due to COVID19 didnt help.

DickTrickle

Maybe Aradune is a bit different, but the botters aren't scared on other servers. Been a dude since Velious who has been owning raid content and selling it. He was in Tacvi on GoD release in like three days. He is obviously not legit in any fashion, but he's never been stopped. He does it in OW too. So, yeah, there's not really any concern. The dudes in SG never leave even if you roll up there with a group.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I think it's mostly the rule set. When 1 person can put 2 mages/necros at each camp. You get 1 guy running 30 necros and mages. Another running 10 or 20. I mean it sure fills the camps out quickly. Which makes things more toxic for everyone else cause 1 guy has 20 camps. Less shit to fight over for everyone else. Take away 1 or 2 people camping 20+spots for 16+ hours a day and camps become much much more plentiful.