Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's EQ, starting stats were never particularly important. It's not unwise to drop some points in strength if you're going to pick a low strength race for a class wearing plate though. A gnome or elf in bronze will end up very close to over-encumbered before even looting anything, and +str gear isn't powerful or abundant in classic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
So been a while since I've screwed with one of these - but i feel like last time there were some out of era type drops in some noobie zones off low level mobs that sold for a fortune (like 1p+ i think?) Anyone that's been on prog servers lately know if this is still a thing/what items mobs it was? ... I'm always a DE fwiw

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So been a while since I've screwed with one of these - but i feel like last time there were some out of era type drops in some noobie zones off low level mobs that sold for a fortune (like 1p+ i think?) Anyone that's been on prog servers lately know if this is still a thing/what items mobs it was? ... I'm always a DE fwiw

I don't think there are, a lot of out of era trash drops have been removed over the last two TLP's without much discussion. There might be some super secret spots I am not aware of though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Plague rat tails are long gone.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I always thought the stats on ogre and even troll tanks ie sta/str made then hysterically better than the "good" races during classic. Literally double that of a gnome war!

Sterling

El Presidente
I always thought the stats on ogre and even troll tanks ie sta/str made then hysterically better than the "good" races during classic. Literally double that of a gnome war!
Yeah but then you're not a gnome and thus inferior. Plus gnomes get a 20 AC ring!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ogre Warriors can't be beat. Stun immunity and all that str/stam. They can damn near cap out stam buffed in classic. Most of the "good" race warriors won't even do that until late velious or early luclin.

Also, you need that stun immunity when you're just spamming jboots to keep threat because your yaks won't cut it. :)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
I dunno if I could handle being an ogre in solb or lguk, tunnels are barely big enough to walk down!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you go SK, I don't know how you don't go ogre. Melee stun immunity for casting has to be wonderful. I just remember trying to, as a paladin, cast my self-heals and they were interrupted so often being something like 3-4 second cast time.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you go SK, I don't know how you don't go ogre. Melee stun immunity for casting has to be wonderful. I just remember trying to, as a paladin, cast my self-heals and they were interrupted so often being something like 3-4 second cast time.

See this what makes the game so tough. You wanna try new shit like make a Troll then Dick Trickles all over that idea forcing you to go with the Ogre God Race for a 5th straight TLP.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Can't believe I'm thinking of starting on another TLP. Really enjoy it up till Kunark then kind of hit a wall. Think I just like frog dungeons.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Can't believe I'm thinking of starting on another TLP. Really enjoy it up till Kunark then kind of hit a wall. Think I just like frog dungeons.
Up till? Kunark has the best frog dungeon.

• 2Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I would be interested in some minor work and tuning. The following are the websites I have been reviewing to get a handle on the XML layout:

EQInterface
Drakah's Interface Design

work in progress, updating VertBlue for 1440p monitors. I cannot for the life of me work out where to change the actual spell icon in the bars yet. This might take all month to do, which isn't a bad thing I guess.

vert-2k-wip-01.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How hard is learning to raid pull as a monk?

It’s EQ so as long as you aren’t so drug addled that you are drooling into your keyboard it’s pretty simple to do all the required pulls.

That said, the skill ceiling is high and you can do some hilarious and amazing things if you become talented with it but those are not typically necessary.

The real difference between a good and a great puller is how long it takes them to get the required pulls done. A great puller is going to be manipulating zone geometry, forcing mob warps, using server ticks, and pathing oddities to do tougher pulls without making their raid wait half an hour or bringing back a mountain of excess trash.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
work in progress, updating VertBlue for 1440p monitors. I cannot for the life of me work out where to change the actual spell icon in the bars yet. This might take all month to do, which isn't a bad thing I guess.

View attachment 267971

The spell icons are .tga files, there are 2 lots, one lot is called gemicons01.tga to gemicons23.tga, these are the smaller versions and also include a lot more than just spell icons. There are larger versions in the files spells01.tga to spells06.tga which are more spell related, but still have some other things included.

If you're looking to replace the spell icons from one UI to another, you just need to copy the .tga files from the set you want to use, over the existing files in the UI you're adapting/wanting to use (both the gemicons & spells, as I think the gemicons are used in the buff window and the spells are used in the spellbook/hotbars). I've used the spell icons from drakah's UI's for so long that any others make no sense to me, so I have to do that on every UI i use (currently using sparxx)

You could probably easily edit the actual icons themselves if you have a modicum of artistic talent, i leave that for more capable people though!

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Troll or DE SK are really the only two arguable ways to go imo for early EQ (later it just doesnt really matter)

Who really cares about stun immunity

1. when you are never tanking content where its relevant
2. you are a god of snap agro and so it doesnt matter anyways
3. with high int on irrelevant content you engage unholy blasters and mow everything down in that one off when you needed it.

Just my .02

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Barf