Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s bittersweet to reflect on how a lot of the original guys like Hutch, Vhalen, Aradune, and others were basically young guys playing D&D who brought their campaign to life for us. Lucan, Mayong, The Irontoe Brigade, all straight from their D&D adventures and shared with all of us.

Hutch made SolA/SolB, Neriak and Paineel. So pour one out if you spent time in those zones.

I didn't know that about the Irontoe Brigade etc. or the zones he made.

Will definitely raise a glass to him later today.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So incredibly sad to hear about Hutch. I can't tell you how much time I spent in SolA/SolB and of course Neriak. I think it's a lost art and we are seeing a lot of this in schools. You don't have kids writing/creating adventures, looking out in windows and imaging worlds, and the pursuit of creativity is just hurting. I think that's been the greatest thing about shows like Stranger Things. I hear kids talking about D&D, writing campaigns, and you are just seeing resurgence in retro pop culture. It's good.

I like the visual of those guys taking their D&D character and worlds and bringing those to life. We lost a good one. RIP Hutch.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think they keep truebox on aradune because without it they have no chance their "dedicated" gm will keep up

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I played a 3 box on Agnarr with a bard main. For classic, I don't know, bard don't shine till later expansions, and I would say maybe wizard. You won't be doing much, and can get ran out of camps with trains. I would probably go necro if it was me. I would say shaman is a good option as well. It get's interesting in the later expansions. I ran a trio of bard, ranger, and beastlord in luclin. Once I hit pop, and got geared, my bard could tank in the planes with no issues. I actually normally would just have that 3 box going in PoF because it was easy. Bards are also the best pull class for ldon AoE groups.

I thought about bard but up until what POP you still have to swap in instruments and all that, no way. Wizard is becoming more tempting though.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm tempted to just go SK/Shaman this time. I've always resisted the ogre/ogre because that's what everyone does, and I just like trolls. Maybe it's time to give in.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think I'm tempted to just go SK/Shaman this time. I've always resisted the ogre/ogre because that's what everyone does, and I just like trolls. Maybe it's time to give in.

Erudite/Barbarian.

Just blind as fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Erudite/Barbarian.

Just blind as fuck.
Challenge mode: Run that level 1 Erudite from Erudin to Halas at night for leveling.

Preview:
1588876811047.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

I thought about bard but up until what POP you still have to swap in instruments and all that, no way. Wizard is becoming more tempting though.

I mean, let's be real here, instrument swapping is rarely that useful compared to the effort invested. You can do it to feel more useful, but in most cases it's probably a couple percentage points of efficiency at best and zip at worst. I mean, is that extra 15 hp a tick worth anything? Or, you for sure want to have max resists going, and in that case, is your loss of DPS noticeable? Even then, that's really the only time swapping to an instrument is useful.

I don't know. I played a bard for a long time, before /melody, and I used to instrument swap and thinking back on that now I wonder if I just had some kind of OCD to keep doing it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They actually did real old style night blindness on p99 green. It was awesome.

On the modern eq client they have a ugly blue ghetto ultravision that kicks on every hour. So as a human you only get night blindness for a few seconds when you first log in.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
night vision isn't nearly as bad on tlp as it used to be. but we all know you should all be rolling gnomes if you're playing a class that can be a gnome.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Maps!

The default maps provided don't include every zone. They're mostly starter areas or zones connected to them. You can replace/update the in-game maps to include everything everywhere. You can get a map pack at EQ Map Files – Brewall's EverQuest Maps and just follow the instructions. Make a folder in existing map folder, extract the files to it and then there's a drop down box on the game's map window. If you just extract all the files to the one folder and don't make you're own you'll end up replacing a bunch of files and you'll get a mishmash with double labels and other problems when you go to use them.

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Why would you use anything but Vert Blue?

This is why I'm rebuilding VertBlue for 2k monitors. While I shouldn't get too excited... I might have just cracked the spell icon problem. I'm working on the buff bars at the moment, and I've finally scaled the icon to the size I wanted. Sure, the rest is still fucked up, but it's progress. The only other thing that's really been altered in this screenshot is the Action Bar, it's been fully resized. I can't make it any bigger though, there's no font size past "7" or under it, that isn't a "bold" font.

EQ000005.jpg

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
How do you deal with those extra 5 spell icons you can't use?

The krome ui I was using before just lets you resize it. But I look at the xml and it says it isn't resizable. Looks pretty much exactly the same as the one I'm trying to fix.

If I change it to resizable it snaps to my old layout size, but still can't be resized, and the book icon doesn't anchor to the bottom.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

If you look at the file I'm sure you can see that there's like 14 xml elements that are the same and you can probably just delete six of them