Facing foreclosure on a home

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Is it a Hispanic thing, or a poor person thing? Mexicans living in shit houses, but having too expensive cars. Black people living in shit apartments, but driving too expensive cars. Rednecks living in trailer parks, but with new Four-buh-Fours out front. Poor people with bass ackwards priorities seems to be the norm.
Yeah that should tell you something.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Is the house underwater? Fannie Mae has some ongoing programs that basically help people who are behind on their repayments, some of which includes giving people massive amounts of cash and/or refinancing at better rates. The foreclosure process is costly and reselling a house at a loss is not appealing, so it still beats the alternative when people don't actually have money to make payments.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
This kind of thing should be grounds for deportation. We don't need these pieces of shit in our society. Canada should force that dude to move to the Philippines.
Update, by the way. My bro went over to the dealership to talk to the salesman. And sure enough, they jacked up the sales price on the Jeep by 20k, because the truck her boyfriend was trading in had a bunch of body damage and was underwater by 20k vs. his loan. So boyfriend got to walk away from the deal having ditched out his beaten up truck that he still owed 38,500 on, while my bro's nanny walked away owing 70k+ on a 40k Grand Cherokee (the dealer fucked her for the other 10k of undercoating, life insurance, "premium VIP oil change" and "extended maintenance program") all in her name. The bill of sale says "trade-in" and "loan buyout" of 38,500 each, when the trade in value and price of the Jeep should have been 20k less. Nice.

She's pretty much fucked at this point, probably going to have to go bankrupt or something. No way she can afford the loan going forward.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Update, by the way. My bro went over to the dealership to talk to the salesman. And sure enough, they jacked up the sales price on the Jeep by 20k, because the truck her boyfriend was trading in had a bunch of body damage and was underwater by 20k vs. his loan. So boyfriend got to walk away from the deal having ditched out his beaten up truck that he still owed 38,500 on, while my bro's nanny walked away owing 70k+ on a 40k Grand Cherokee (the dealer fucked her for the other 10k of undercoating, life insurance, "premium VIP oil change" and "extended maintenance program") all in her name. The bill of sale says "trade-in" and "loan buyout" of 38,500 each, when the trade in value and price of the Jeep should have been 20k less. Nice.

She's pretty much fucked at this point, probably going to have to go bankrupt or something. No way she can afford the loan going forward.
Personally I'd threaten them with a deceptive trade practices lawsuit and get them to unwind that deal.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Thats some pretty sleezey shit. The dealership would of had to of told her about that during the sale.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There is no way the salesman didn't know that she was being taken for a ride. Dude comes in 20k in the hole and walks out debt free with his foreigner girlfriend now owing his entire balance and his name isn't on the loan? If I was her I would burn down that dealership using the ex's gasoline soaked body as kindling.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
She probably cant afford an attorney though.
Doesn't matter, go to them and say "unwind this sale or I'm going to an attorney." Then if they don't do it, send a registered letter with your demand that they unwind the sale. Then go get an attorney who will take the case on contingency, and they will, because most of these deceptive trade practices statutes have attorneys fees built in as a component of damage. Then the attorney will come and get the sale unwound because the dealership knows straight up they would lose that case, and they'll have to pay his fees too.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Personally I'd threaten them with a deceptive trade practices lawsuit and get them to unwind that deal.
Yeah, I dunno how my bro left it with the dealer, but it seemed like they weren't willing to do much if only because the deal is 6 months old at this point (the other truck is probably long gone at this point). He spoke with our own lawyer about it and he said that realistically it wasn't worth pursuing on a legal basis, since it would be expensive to litigate and there wasn't any guarantees. And to be clear, the nanny, her boyfriend, and the salesman are all filipino. She's just the most naive/dumb of the lot, apparently.

I don't even blame the dealership itself, but certainly do the salesman and I guess whatever manager signed off on the deal. If they did try to unwind the deal at this point, the dealer would basically have to swallow the 20k that the boyfriend dumped on her, because they have long since sold his truck.

Thats some pretty sleezey shit. The dealership would of had to of told her about that during the sale.
Dude, she's so dumb/naive that she had no idea what the fuck she was signing. My bro had to sit down with her for an hour and explain the deal to her after she gave him the paperwork, and he thinks that she still doesn't really grasp it. She's completely illiterate, financially speaking.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Its probably a bit too late now but, but they should really look at downsizing to a much smaller home. Looks like they bought it brand new 2 years ago for 209k and current market estimate looks like ~206k. A 3k sqft 5 bedroom house for the three of them seems like just hitting the max they could afford and is way more house than would be needed to live comfortably.5114 Travertine Pt, Richmond, TX 77407 - Zillow

Another option might be to rent it out and find somewhere temporary else to stay that's cheaper if that helps them make the payments easier and buy some time to get finances back on track/give them some time to sell the house before losing it. In a few years their kid is going to be old enough for pre-school if they want to send him to one and the expenses are just going to get higher if they are already borderline.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well shit, my wife and I were responsible and only got a 1400 sqft 3 bedroom home, you know, because we knew even if shit hit the fan we'd always be able to make our mortgage. Now I feel stupid for not going hog wild!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Mine's 1400 as well. However, it was $205k for that 1400... town house no less, so my neighbors house is attached to mine. Fortunately I'm the end unit, so only 1 neighbor to annoy me.
My mortgage is around $1650/month, with PMI. I got in right when the 100% finances were coming to a close. like 2-3 weeks after I bought my house, and I wouldn't have been able to. We made sebtlement in January of 2008, and have never been late on a payment. 90% of the time, we put a full $2000 in with the extra going towards the principle. I've knocked 10 years off of the 30 year mortgage already by doing so, but we still owe so much more. I'm not quite at the 80% mark yet. Another 10k and I will be, though.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is the minimum donation $10? Let's crowd fund that and then come up with an offensive name and comment.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Update: working with bank they have until Jan. to pay. I tried to offer my help via information on how not to be retarded and was ignored for whatever reason. So this is now a /popcorn moment despite them being friends.

Arative

Vyemm Raider

Sue the dealership and the boyfriend? Sounds like the salesman and boyfriend at the very least colluded to defraud the nanny.