Fall 2014 Anime Thread

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking medieval setting and gore / violence as well. Death Note doesn't have either.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for replies. I meant mystery/grim setting in general. I'll look into some of those - probably starting with Death Note.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Try "Another" first imo, Death Note is pretty long at 30ish eps (most would say skip the last few eps, cuz sux real bad). But another is only 12 eps and really packed with stuff no filler.
Watch Another Online - Free at Hulu

I mean you'll watch em all eventually, just wanna get you started on the train more readily.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another is really top notch (one of my favourites overall). Didnt mention it mostly cause it gave me more of a horror feeling, but ya never the less its a must see.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Boy am i glad she stabbed that dumb fucker - Maybe now he will wake the f up and be the badass only his right hand can be!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Darker Than Black for Mystery/Grim
Also try Casshern Sins

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, Casshern Sins will stab you right in the feels at certain parts. Definitely grim with the post-apocalyptic stuff, lots of action, and even a little mystery with Luna. Some of it will make no sense even after (or because of) the big reveals. Great art all the way through.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Corpse party is totally brutal, old PSP game (at least i think that's where i have it)
Corpse party:tortured souls is 4 ova's, based on the game. My wife and I watched some guy play the entire game, it's really freaky.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Watched Another after seeing the recommendations in this thread. Man it was great, and boy oh so brutal. Especially the last two episodes.
I liked it less in the last two episodes.

Green-eyed girl basically knows who the dead student is all along but didn't want to tell New Student because it would hurt him? So basically a dozen people or more had to die before she finally fessed up the truth. It was definitely a creepy run though. A decent anime overall.

Oh, and 119? That was a laugh. Also, I really liked the english voice actors for the Eyepatch Girl and New Student.

The outro song hits right in the feels even though I did not understand a word.

I liked it less in the last two episodes.

Green-eyed girl basically knows who the dead student is all along but didn't want to tell New Student because it would hurt him? So basically a dozen people or more had to die before she finally fessed up the truth. It was definitely a creepy run though. A decent anime overall.
I meant that the last two were especially brutal. I can agree the the last two episodes weren't great. I'd put them at a 6-7 out of 10 instead of the 8-9's that was the first half of the season. As a whole though the show really came together well and I actually got the creepy spooky vibe early on which is rare for me from any form of media.

Maybe its because I binge watched the show (yay for insomnia) but I didn't realize that The aunt and the assistant homeroom teacher were the same person. I thought that the extra was either the assistant teacher or the librarian, so the ending didn't really surprise me until I realized who she was. I did get a huge laugh from the kid that got out from under the chandelier only to get destroyed by the wooden pillar.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Log Horizon - Not much happened in this week's issue. They're learning that the flavor text on various items is actually true instead of just flavor. Aside from that, Akatsuki is trying to learn the new skills. I'd give it a 3 out of 10.

Sword Art Online II - This week was a lot about what I speculated last week. They've unlocked their own house from SAO, but now it's in the fairy world. I wish it was a new version of SAO instead of fairy, however. They're also promoting the next big player/encounter. It should be decent enough. I much prefer SAO Asuna to Fairy Asuna. Blue Hair = No Thanks. I give this episode a 5 out of 10.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
well its not like the house is in fairy world, its in aincrad, thing is aincrad is in fairy world cause it merged due to the power of the seed hehe (the world fortress is floating over there somewhere). Yeah minor things, but anyway, they will spend quite a bit of time fighting in aincrad, even tho keeping fairy chars.

This episode wasnt the best, introduction to the new arc was a bit slow imho, but well, they tend to follow the ln rigorously(sp?), so that tend to happen. Next arc (which i guess will be a season 3 if it will ever happen) will be a total different world so no more fairy thingies !

Btw, anyone who watched psycho pass this week can tell me what was with the last scene when the other detective enter the room? i didnt understand wich room was that? her own? so she basically stalker/investigating on tsunemori? it seemed like a very important scene.