Fall 2014 Anime Thread

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So decided to check out fate/stay night on a whim on cruncyroll. Wow what a great anime. That fight scene at the end kicked ass.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
So the new fate is the same story of old stay/night but from tohsaka/archer pov instead of emiya/saber? Never the less the animation and graphic are superb.
Fate/Stay Night has three main routes. The original Fate/Stay Night anime was the "Fate" timeline, the current anime is a completely different timeline called "Unlimited Blade Works." it should be a completely different story and outcome, but with a lot of similarities. Fate/Zero was the prequel to the three Fate/Stay Night timelines.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm going into this assuming this is going to be an episode breakdown of the story of the Fate/Stay Night UBW movie, with more detailed content though.

Log Horizon started off good, though did the animation quality seem shitty compared to last season to anyone else? Some parts looked badly drawn /animated.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A different studio is animating Log Horizon this season and they're making an effort to keep it close but there are some obvious style differences. Especially for Marielle.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
gave a look at cross ange, ep 1 seem interesting, will keep watching some more.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
A different studio is animating Log Horizon this season and they're making an effort to keep it close but there are some obvious style differences. Especially for Marielle.
Looks a lot cheaper, there's quite a few long distance shots where the faces have barely any details at all. All in all it's fairly annoying to look at, the big tits elven girl looks so weird now, same thing goes for Shiro's sage buddy. And I may have to rewatch a previous episode, but did they change Shiro's VA aswell?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
First episode of Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis was pretty good, the animation quality is awesome.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
World Trigger is interesting - will watch
Cross Ange - i was so happy what happened to her after that one scene - will watch

5 more shows to go!

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks a lot cheaper, there's quite a few long distance shots where the faces have barely any details at all. All in all it's fairly annoying to look at, the big tits elven girl looks so weird now, same thing goes for Shiro's sage buddy. And I may have to rewatch a previous episode, but did they change Shiro's VA aswell?
I don't think any of the VA's changed, but yeah, it's annoying to look at indeed until we get used to this new style. Marielle looks like she was drawn by some amateur, lmao.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question about this current Fate/stay night:
Guessing that this Archer is Gilgamesh due to summoning those swords? Quite the change in character for him this time around.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Guessing that this Archer is Gilgamesh due to summoning those swords? Quite the change in character for him this time around.
Og archer also had a huge hardon for swords.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah this Grail War gets weird iirc, somehow technically they are both Archer I think? I can't remember the explanation for it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Definitely an interesting season, even a couple of the RomCom types I watched had a twist to them. Odd.

It looks like there's plenty of fun stuff to watch so far.

velk

Trakanon Raider
No, Gil will show up later. He can pretty much take any role he wants due to his collection of toys.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cross Ange - i was so happy what happened to her after that one scene - will watch

5 more shows to go!
i agree on world trigger too, but there is something with eithe animation/graphic or style choice that really bothers me. ill try watch bahamut, did give a look to grisaria also, having no clue bout the game etc. Story seem ok, but censorship really annoys me. It seem to have a mystery/nikita/assassin vibe to it that may reveal to be interesting, will give another couple of episode to see how it develop.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bahamut seems like it will be an easy watch. I will be adoring every second of Nanatsu no Taizai. The animation for Gundam: G no Reconguista is very Eureka Seven'esk but it doesn't look like Bones has anything to do with it.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pretty Major Spoiler for Fate/Stay Night if you didn't figure it out from the original series, you've been warned.
It was hinted in the original Fate/Stay Night timeline that Archer is in fact the heroic spirit of Emiya Shirou the main protagonist from the original timeline. It should be confirmed in this timeline as it is a major plot point. Giglamesh was the blonde guy in the leather jacket they showed talking to the girl at the end of the prologue episode before Saber makes her move.

Fadaar

That guy

5 more shows to go!
At first I was like man that sucks for her.

Two minutes later.

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg