Fall 2014 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've never understood the hype over Fate/Stay Night, personally. Its a decent story, but most of the cast are just terrible characters - Emiya Shiro and Saber are among the worst. This time around hopefully the fighting becomes more prominent, since the action is well animated. The everyday life nonsense in the story is pretty weak. Rin and Archer are the only good part of the show.

Fate/Zero was a million times better. The action was great, of course. The non-action and the machinations of the adults were sharp. It really made the Holy Grail War a serious affair, not some after-school special.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've never understood the hype over Fate/Stay Night, personally. Its a decent story, but most of the cast are just terrible characters - Emiya Shiro and Saber are among the worst. This time around hopefully the fighting becomes more prominent, since the action is well animated. The everyday life nonsense in the story is pretty weak. Rin and Archer are the only good part of the show.
While definitely not a top tier anime, it is better then most adult game adaptations but not nearly as good as Fate/Zero. Since Ufotable took over the series the action scenes are worth the watch by themselves. In unlimited blade works there will be a lot more conflict overall, so hopefully we get some really good action out of it. The Visual Novels for Fate/Stay Night I guess are a lot more critically acclaimed then the original anime.

Edit: Fate Stay/Night had a pretty good soundtrack though.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Fate/Zero was a million times better. The action was great, of course. The non-action and the machinations of the adults were sharp. It really made the Holy Grail War a serious affair, not some after-school special.
Plus Zero had Iskandar, the best Rider ;p

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Plus Zero had Iskandar, the best Rider ;p
Islander noble phantasm was pimp. That character exuded charisma, was very likable and he genuinely cared for his master. Excalibur power while impressive, as it was the equivalent of a nuclear bomb, was not original. Now the "army of the times" or whatever was called was amazing

Fennin

Nanatsu has some of the most over the top over powered characters ever. Should be a fun senseless shounen.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well wasn't Fate/Stay Night originally a video game before it became a manga/anime? Gotta take that into account, I mean it's gonna have some crappy everyday life nonsense to fill in some of the gaps, it wasn't going to be combat, then more combat, then more combat, and hey final battle. It does take away from the seriousness though when most of the cast are high school kids, Fate/Zero definitely had them beat on maturity in that regard.

Though, as much as I like Fate/Stay Night, i'll always be of the belief that this war was when they jumped the shark, with the true identity of Archer and what not (that will always be dumb writing to me). Oh, and the whole Servant being a Master for another Servant crap? Wryyyyyyy

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
hmm ya between zero and stay/night, zero is obviously much better story/settinig wise (and ya iskander is one of my fav anime chars). Never the less i think the fate ''universe'' is good, and i enjoyed almost everything they produced (i didnt watch the magic girl version that was aired this summer, but im not into that). The fate series always had a very good animations/graphic/setting and awesome music, and this new version of it still have all of those traits. The fights are awesome

And i believe (not 100% sure ) that fate started with lightnovels, games anime and all that came from that originally.

Fennin

And i believe (not 100% sure ) that fate started with lightnovels, games anime and all that came from that originally.
It was a Visual Novel Game, that was released for Windows in 2004. Often times people confuse Light Novels, and Visual Novels. Myself being one of those people, learned something new today.

Visual Novel= an interactive fiction game featuring mostly static graphics, usually with anime-style art, or occasionally live-action stills or video footage.

As for Bahumut, I don't really mind Favaro as much because he is supposed to be a fly by the seat of your pants type of bounty hunter, but the Kaiser character is just straight up awful. The less time that character has on screen the better off the anime will be. Some pretty decent action so far though.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was a Visual Novel Game, that was released for Windows in 2004. Often times people confuse Light Novels, and Visual Novels. Myself being one of those people, learned something new today.

Visual Novel= an interactive fiction game featuring mostly static graphics, usually with anime-style art, or occasionally live-action stills or video footage.
Yep seem i was wrong, there are indeed lightnovels for the fate universe, but they are just for fate zero and it seem they came out after fate stay night visual novel, as you said.

Same as well for bahamut. Rly dislike the 2 main character design, even tho favaro is quite growning on me (attitude wise at least, not hairs wise heh). I kinda like everything else, so ill keep watching. World triggers on other hand...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is the worse Gundam series in a while - the plot and characters are worse than ive ever seen before.

How does this even happen?!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This is the worse Gundam series in a while - the plot and characters are worse than ive ever seen before.

How does this even happen?!
The guy in charge of this Gundam series (Yoshiyuki Tomino) hasn't done main series Gundam since Turn A Gundam in '99. In fact he hasn't done much in the last 9 years at all worth mentioning.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I can see why - that guy must live on another planet where logic has no meaning or concept of any sort.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least Unicorn Gundam kicked major ass and the Gundam toy show was surprisingly enjoyable.

Aren't we overdue for another Macross series?