Fall 2023 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I kinda want to know what you mean by that. Is that a comment on her ability to jump out a carriage compared to the dwarf's ability to jump off a rock?
It's a comment on all the stabs to the feelings the show gives us. The subtle and tragic love story between Himmel and Frieren just cuts deeper with every episode. We get to see it as Frieren is starting to unravel it on this journey. The ring and the language of flowers, which Himmel 100% understood.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It's a comment on all the stabs to the feelings the show gives us. The subtle and tragic love story between Himmel and Frieren just cuts deeper with every episode. We get to see it as Frieren is starting to unravel it on this journey. The ring and the language of flowers, which Himmel 100% understood.
The story telling in this anime is a fucking masterpiece.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The story telling in this anime is a fucking masterpiece.
Animated GIF

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Did anything end up happening in JJK? Thinking about binging it. Wasn't too interested in the backstory sidetrack at the beginning and then the cafe talking nonsense in the first 8 episodes or so. Does yuji do anything?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Did anything end up happening in JJK? Thinking about binging it. Wasn't too interested in the backstory sidetrack at the beginning and then the cafe talking nonsense in the first 8 episodes or so. Does yuji do anything?

Some stuff happened in Shibuya.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Nothing at all. Most boring arc ever.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got a pretty major spoiler for what I suspect went down within the last week or two while season 1 was still airing, haven't felt like picking the show back up yet.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This week's Frieren was another bag full of onion ninjas. At least things between Stark and Fern are starting to move forward.

• 3Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I know it's been said before but

Faraway paladin season 2 is fucking good. From the art to the story, just A+ shit.

• 2Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
This week's Frieren was another bag full of onion ninjas. At least things between Stark and Fern are starting to move forward.
I thought the dance scene was CGI rotoscoping but apparently not:

For the dance scene, MYOUN took care of the original drawings, and I'm grateful that 2 Hara was picked up by other people I trust besides him. As a side note, the dance movements are hand-drawn by the animators without using any CG.

I was in charge of the original animation for the dance scene in episode 15 of Free Ren. The video was so amazing that I was moved. thank you!

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Netflix is rebooting a well loved anime! That's right! They are rebooting One Piece before the original anime is even done!

Bored Come On GIF

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Netflix is rebooting a well loved anime! That's right! They are rebooting One Piece before the original anime is even done!

Bored Come On GIF

I thought you meant the Live Action as a reference.. Then I see they are going full blown turbo tard and allowing the pig fucking retard crew at Netflix to have their fingers in this...

In before Nami becomes a fat black noggress. Wakanada empress Boa Jackson, or whatever other atrocities they will inflict upon us.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
This was honestly one of the best anime season for me in a while. I had more anime to watch than time, which is a good problem to have.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Jesus Christ, Frieren's onion ninja power scoring critical hits tight and left in the last ep for Fall season.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus Christ, Frieren's onion ninja power scoring critical hits tight and left in the last ep for Fall season.
That dwarf story man...

Amazing how we can get so much story in 30 minutes. That takes a special kind of director.

• 4Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I teared up a little at the Dwarf story. Forgetting his wife's face, eyes and voice. I'm a softy cunt.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So the studio doing Frieren has done quite a few other shows that I liked.

Overlord, No Game No Life, Parasyte, Death Parade, One-Punch Man, Death Note, Paranoia Agent, Hunter x Hunter, and The Irregular at Magic High School. They've animated plenty of others, but they're shows that I watched and liked.

• 1Like