Fallout 4

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I really hope they caught that little thing on Reddit awhile ago.

Someone suggested that Fallout 4 should start the first couple hours in the 1950's before the nukes go off. Then you wake up from cryo sleep in a vault. Starting the game in a "Leave It To Beaver" type world and then going to post apocalyptic would be magical.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
As long as it starts with Ron Perlman saying "War. War never changes." I'll be happy with just about anything.

Or god forbid, a reboot of Fallout 1. I might just die with a nerdgasm.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Bah, just realized that 2299 puts it at only 21 years after F3 / 18 years after FNV.

Was hoping for a different era - honestly, bouncing between super sci-fi MIT and the Wasteland (as rumored) might not be such a terrible idea.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A reboot of fallout1 seems like it'd be pretty lame. Especially since the starting plots of fallout1 and 3 are so similar (You're a vault member sent off to find shit in a dubious manner).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You shut your whore mouth.

But yeah, why reboot when the new stories are just as good. Not to mention "you can't win" by rebooting a classic. Too many complainers.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
It should defiantly have a car or some sort of vehicle in it so that Mad Max doesn't outshine them.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I'd like to see them go back to Fallout 1 just to get them to do the tactical style instead of FPS style. I doubt that will happen.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
It's fake

xamphear comments on Bethesda registers new domain. The entire thing is sprawling with references to Fallout 4.
Domain name resolves to 5.133.13.121 which has a reverse lookup of d13121.vibiznes.pl and that's some hosting company in Poland.

Does Bethesda use random Polish hosting companies? See:Hosting, tanie serwery WWW | ViBiznes Pawel Jarosz

Edit: The source of the hoax being in Poland would explain the D/M/Y formatting of the morse code. Whoever rigged this thing up probably didn't even think to convert to M/D/Y which is the style of date an American person/company would use.
NeoGAF - View Single Post - Polish place registers a new domain, reddit speculates it's a Fallout 4 reveal
Stumpokapow_sl said:
Different registrar than their other domains. Hosted in Poland. Doesn't use Zenimax nameservers. Euro date even though they're a US company.

Where exactly is the proof Bethesda registered this? Please don't post domain registration rumours unless you are equipped to evaluate, technically, whether the rumours are likely to be true.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
pic very related:

rage-guy.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its probably FOO, outsourced - Beth fought for the licensing laws on it, but likely don't have their own internal manpower for it.

(I've got a friend in ZeniMax that is denying either is being worked on their immediately FWIW though, but he could be NDA gagged)

iannis

Musty Nester
New Vegas was better than Fallout 3.

If Obsidian was working on another fallout, I'd pop wood. A Bethesda fallout release is half-chub, at best. I'd still buy it and play it... but eh, you know it just won't be as good as Obsidian would make it.

But the whole things is fake anyway apparently.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
New Vegas was better than Fallout 3.

If Obsidian was working on another fallout, I'd pop wood. A Bethesda fallout release is half-chub, at best. I'd still buy it and play it... but eh, you know it just won't be as good as Obsidian would make it.

But the whole things is fake anyway apparently.
I hope so. That shitty fallout mmo idea needs to lay in the wastebasket it came from.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wouldn't mind a fallout MMO if they had no respawn and the whole thing was about seeing how long you could survive in a persistent world, scrounging for ammo, food, water and radx/away.

0 chance of that happening though. It'd just be SW:ToR with mutants.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure the execs of the big companies have seen that going for a AAA subscription based MMO is a terrible idea. No one has made the easy money that was anticipated with pretty much every release. Prepare yourselves for Fallout Heroes the new MOBA.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm pretty sure the execs of the big companies have seen that going for a AAA subscription based MMO is a terrible idea. No one has made the easy money that was anticipated with pretty much every release. Prepare yourselves for Fallout Heroes the new MOBA.
Seriously if this happens I'm just going to off myself with a brush gun somewhere along I 15..... Or do that after I take out half the devs In said studio.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wouldn't mind a fallout MMO if they had no respawn and the whole thing was about seeing how long you could survive in a persistent world, scrounging for ammo, food, water and radx/away.

0 chance of that happening though. It'd just be SW:ToR with mutants.
Fallout DayZ? Oh god, yes.

It's interesting with how many Fallout games there are, they are mostly remembered just for the writing, because the SPECIAL never changes. It also doesn't mean that bigger is better, I think I mostly prefer DLCs to the normal wasteland, because they can pull off much more interesting places without having to account for crazy lvl 30 player just shooting everything.