Fallout 4

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I decided to go PS4 for this only because I was a bit worried that my old gaming rig would choke on it AND I have the PS4 driving the home theater so more cinematic. However I am a bit concerned that it did not seem to have begun preloading as they had indicated it would. I last checked yesterday morning (forgot to last night) but at that point the PS4 preload was "soon". I have a decent connection so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle, but I'd hate to be stuck still downloading when the game goes live.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hodj in 2 days: "This is God's gift to the world, I am going to church for the first time this weekend."

Hodj in 2 weeks: "In retrospect, Tuco was right, I should have waited for mods and the first bug fix patch."

Hodj in 2 months: "It was all... Terrible mistake... New Vegas just better setting... What have I done... Ate the dog... The shrieks of pain... Forgive me..."
Nonsense of the highest order.

Im under no illusion that bethesda makes shitty games. They are technically shitty, have notoriously bad storylines.

They remain fun regardless.

Im not a bethesda fanboy at all, I dont really like the elder scrolls games, NV is infinitely superior to f3 in all ways but 1 (the world map) and that one area solely because bethesda didnt give them enough time to fully flesh out their game world like bethesda had with f3.

No one in 2015 that has played bethesda titles since at least morrowind can go into these games without knowig exactly what theyre getting, imo.

Its the weird irny of bethesda titles that they are universally trash and yet still fun as shit to play. I cant explain it and wont bother trying. They do one thing well enough (make a fun open world to explore) that all their other failings simply cant detract from it completely.

Todd is a midget

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BTW this still works:

Skyrim tweaks - Steam Users' Forums

change
C:\Users\j\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4.ini

[Interface]
fdefaultfov=100
fDefaultWorldFOV=100
fDefault1stPersonFOV=100

[Controls]
fMouseHeadingXScale=.021
fMouseHeadingYScale=.041

The fov stuff changes FOV (lol 70 fov default PUKE). The controls makes the vertical and horizontal axes of mouse movement roughly equal.

I get screen tearing in windowed mode and mouse lag in full screen mode. Thx obamabryo.

pc gaming master race.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
NEW PLAYER COMING THROGUH EVERYTHING NOT BOLTED DOWN IS GONE PENCILS CUPS CLIPBOARD EVERYTHING

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Regime,

Did anyone ask how often fallout fans come to Goodsprings? I'm curious if it's enough that they're used to it.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
PS4 users note that a new playstation firmware release came out this morning. That means that you cannot start your Fallout 4 pre-load remotely without manually installing the update first.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Regime,

Did anyone ask how often fallout fans come to Goodsprings? I'm curious if it's enough that they're used to it.
A few fans have left gifts like Nuka Cola Quantum and lunch boxes in the general store. Pretty cool.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I downloaded the yarr release already this morning that way I don't have to worry about unlocking and all the rest of the crap.

It was downloaded before most of you unlocked! If I play it for more than 2 hours don't worry I will buy it. Not a huge Fallout fan though which is why I didn't preorder.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Someone mentioned we have some knowledge of the PER bobblehead being early in the game?

What is the basis for this? Will change my SPECIAL accordingly.

Jimquisition Review

Not spoilery review, detailed info on certain mechanics we've been doing guesswork on. Can only repair Power Armor with crafting. Jetpacks and stuff can only be made with SCIENCE perk. Fusion Cores run out fairly quickly. Radiation is far more dangerous than in previous games and can fuck you fast if not prepared for it. Especially early game.

Companion system seems really in depth. So I will probably not get to do my Lone Wanderer style this time around. Being forced to pick up scrap all the time might mean STR is more important than we've been thinking.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Great song selection,

tugged at me a bit after the first sequence. Not gonna lie after that I went and kissed my wife and kid. RIP

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is a gif with a comparison of PS4/XB1/PC all side by side. Spoilered for size.

qtubTJc.gif

Fadaar

That guy
No seriously... is there any way to mass scrap stuff or do I have to dump it all on the ground and do it manually?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Someone mentioned we have some knowledge of the PER bobblehead being early in the game?

What is the basis for this? Will change my SPECIAL accordingly.
Not that its very spoilery at this point but I'll spoil it anyway: Right after you get out of the Vault you go back home and meet Codsworth again, then he sends you on to Concord which is just past the Red Rocket where you get Dogmeat at the start of the game. Inside Concord is that whole section of the game that they showed at E3 where you meet Preston Garvey and the people he's protecting and you get a suit of power armor and a minigun and fuck up some raiders and a death claw. In the room with Preston Garvey is the Perception bobblehead. We're talking literally 30 minutes to an hour into the game at most.

No seriously... is there any way to mass scrap stuff or do I have to dump it all on the ground and do it manually?
No idea yet. Sorry can't help you out yet.

Didn't for me, I set the VPN and d/l region to Australia, but steam is still showing my native region for everything and I can't unlock the game. Is there something I am missing?
Log out of steam completely, then enable the VPN, then log into steam and set the regions and all that. Unlock the game. Start the game. Quit the game. Set Steam to offline mode. Turn off VPN. Do not log Steam into online mode again until after 12:01 pm EST tonight.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I started a new job today in Boston, no chance of calling in sick on the first day I suppose. Maybe they'd understand
Tell them you need a couple of days to do "research" on Boston and it's environments. Then when you go to work on Monday and go out for lunch with your workmates you can say things like "There's a really cool sniper rifle in that building there." and "Woah, careful, there is a Deathclaw nest down that street." They'll be really impressed!