Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm all in for anyone playing against Philly at this point. That defense can't stop anyone right now (and no way their issues get fixed in a short week) and their offense promotes shoot-outs.

Whether or not Chip Kelly's offense translates to success in the NFL, it is looking like a fantasy football wet dream, both for Eagles players as well as those playing against Philly.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We will see.. I don't see Smith putting up the numbers RG3 will. I expect some rushing and a rush TD this week from him.. I see Charles having a big running day tho. But I'm bias as the Eagles are my team=P

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Ok my running back situation is fucking terrible. I had Ray Rice and Steven Jackson and it is possible that both will be out this week. My backups are David Wilson of NYG(choke), Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling of ATL, and Rashard mendenhall of ARI. I know that Rice is a gametime decision but I work Saturday night and there is no way my ass will be up by noon to make the switch.

Do I.
1) Rice and Rodgers and hope for the best
2) Snelling and Rodgers and hope that ATL has a great running game day
3) Rodgers and Wilson and hope he has his fumbling down and NYG pulls their heads out of their ass?

And for those of you wondering about the flex I have Megatron, Fitzgerald and Jordy Nelson as my wide outs and they are staying right there.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
is this a PPR league? I would start the guys who are most likely to touch the ball the most. I think you have to go Wilson and Mendenhall/Rodgers is a toss up.. They both have a lot to prove this week and Mendenhall seems close to losing his carries.. assuming Rice doesn't play. If Rice is in you have to play him. That case Rice and Wilson

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
is this a PPR league?
rrr_img_43964.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tough one b/c you don't know how Rice is feeling..if he's playing it's hard to sit the guy. Wilson doesn't have the best matchup but he has the most talent out of the rest of those guys. If it was me I would probably start Wilson and hope he snaps out of it. I have Rodgers going but that's b/c I have nobody else. I'm hoping he gets me some catches..

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd probably sit Rice and take my chances with Wilson. Our run game has been shit, Rice is gimpy and could end up sitting even if he starts.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, Pryor did manage to run all over that Indy defense and Kaep is playing at home, and so far KC is the top ranked D against opposing QB's. But right now I'd have a hard time not starting Vick. #3 ranked QB overall in standard scoring and the only way Philly has a chance of winning any games is if that offense continues to roll. Philly is going to be in shootouts all season long and with the way Chip Kelly is running that offense they are going to continue to run a huge number of plays which increases Vick's scoring possibility by sheer quantity of chances.

Basically unless you think that Kelly's offense is unsustainable and/or you think Vick is going to end up hurt, I think you keep running him out there like you would any other stud QB.

(Personally, I think that offense bogs down as the season goes on due to conditioning/injury and defensive coordinators getting tape, and I would look to package Vick in a blockbuster trade basically selling while his value is high).
Well, I hope you're right. I'm giving Vick the start over Brees.

For the rest of you, given my fantasy luck over history with choices like this, Vick and the Eagles will completely shit the bed tonight and Brees will set records. You've been warned.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, my advice up there was Kaep vs Vick. Brees qualifies as one of those studs you run out there every week regardless of match-up. Between the two I would have picked Brees, has just as much upside as Vick and isn't nearly the risk to either put up a stinker or get hurt.

Another reason not to carry 2 QB's. You get more quality depth out of your RB/WR bench slots and you don't end up over-thinking which QB to run out there week-to-week. There is so much depth at the QB position and it is so easy to grab a serviceable one off the waiver wire during your guys bye week, it just isn't worth carrying 2 QB's (unless you are in some crazy 16 team league or something).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only the half so hopefully Vick picks it up..he can still come out of this with 20-30 points. But I'd look to trade him. Brees should never be benched. I bet he throws 4tds this week.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cecil Shorts, TY Hilton, or Bilal Powell in the flex?

I'd like to go Shorts, but he's playing Seattle. Powell is running well and the Bills suck against the run, but he splits carries too much with Ivory. Hilton seems like the safest bet.

As usual I guess I go the safe route. Working so far. I use this thread to talk myself in to players rather than get actual advice. I should erase this whole post but fuck it=P

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cecil Shorts, TY Hilton, or Bilal Powell in the flex?

I'd like to go Shorts, but he's playing Seattle. Powell is running well and the Bills suck against the run, but he splits carries too much with Ivory. Hilton seems like the safest bet.

As usual I guess I go the safe route. Working so far. I use this thread to talk myself in to players rather than get actual advice. I should erase this whole post but fuck it=P
Since nobody took a stab at this one.. I think I would go Powell.. Isn't TY banged up?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since nobody took a stab at this one.. I think I would go Powell.. Isn't TY banged up?
Yeah, Powell was sick this week too. Waiting to see what the reports on Hilton are after today's practice.

Part of me really wants to go with Cecil, because he's getting a ton of targets and is healthy. But man...Seattle D.