Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
got 2nd overall pick in my PPR. Hmm.. I can't decide who I want now. I guess it will fall to 2 of the 3.. AD, JC or Bell

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not even being a homer, I'd find it hard to pass up on Bell at 2. JC scares the hell out of me, he always feels like he's 1 play away from missing 6 weeks. Of course he's also always 1 play away from a 65 yard TD...

Not a bold stance, AP and Bell are the consensus 1/2. Was like 50/50 before Bell's suspension now he's the 2nd pick in almost every expert's rankings.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
If I had a top-3 pick (which thankfully I didn't) I'm going Beastmode all the way. I think he is the only RB in the top-5 who has little potential downside and with an early pick I'm all about mitigating risk.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So here is my team, I got added in at work as a 14th member (brand new job and they had 1 more who wanted in but it was an odd number)...buy in was 100$ but they didnt let me know till 5 mins before the fucking draft that they had recently changed it to a ppr draft. I've always drafted standard, so I was caught totally offguard (with my own standard ranking sheet in hand) as Im not a fan of ppr but I couldnt back out and fuck over the other guy too =/.

So, here is my on the fly team never having drafted ppr....tell me what you guys think. I think it looks okay but Im sure some of you here have a lot more experience with it with better insight. Already getting people chomping at the bit to trade for Bradford after his numbers in preseason. Btw Austin was my homer pick as the last pick in the draft there was shitall left by that time with 14 people....and this *could* be a breakout year for him with a new OC and decent QB.

rrr_img_108125.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SBtw Austin was my homer pick as the last pick in the draft there was shitall left by that time with 14 people....and this *could* be a breakout year for him with a new OC and decent QB.
Icouldget to fuck Taylor Swift this year too.

Other than that it looks pretty damn good for a 14 team league. You're rolling the dice a bit at WR, but I really like Robinson this year. Even with Bortles throwing it in his general direction. He should get 140ish targets and at least some of those will be catchable.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pleaseget her to put Rerolled on her tits for us! You can do eet

I think he is going to do well this year though, should get a ton of targets at least

I was thinking Deangelo would be good for a couple weeks as a flex minus Bell as he should get all the redzone runs and Haley isnt going to stop throwing the ball to RBs. Thinking on Starks/Herron is they are one Lacy concussion or Gore knee away from a ton of points per week and one of those is likely at some point. And yea, gambling a good bit on the flip side of the coin that Cruz and Quick (realistically hoping just for one) will return to form they were both having last year. Kind of had to take some chances there with so many players gone by the time I got to draft. I think now with Cobbs shoulder hurt, Adams should put up a ton of points. Thinking the same thing on Robinson too! Some guys at the draft said the Jets D was a bad pick and they were terrible last year, but they have some guy named Revis now plus Cromartie and kids, so my thinking is their D will be really really good (Leonard Williams looks like a beast too).

Anyway thanks Grimm

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not even being a homer, I'd find it hard to pass up on Bell at 2. JC scares the hell out of me, he always feels like he's 1 play away from missing 6 weeks. Of course he's also always 1 play away from a 65 yard TD...

Not a bold stance, AP and Bell are the consensus 1/2. Was like 50/50 before Bell's suspension now he's the 2nd pick in almost every expert's rankings.
Had bell last year so he's just so hard to pass up. I'll probably be grabbing him if he's there.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This team ain't bad. Stacked on WR so I definitely have some depth to trade if I need to. Which I'll probably need to do to shore up my RB situation. I think this is the third straight year I've had Martellus Bennett on one of my teams.

rrr_img_108127.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Anyone got the low-down on what is up with Zach Ertz? ESPN has him listed as questionable but no further details...

Also my draft was Saturday. 10 teams, PPR, power was out for the entire draft so that made things a little interesting. Cobb went down literally minutes after I had drafted him.
rrr_img_108131.jpg

Djay

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_108132.jpg

12-team league. Might be a tad light at RB, but I feel like I'm stacked at WR. We drafted before Nelson got hurt, so I got Adams late. I had a backup QB, but someone dropped Daniels, so I picked him up...will end up dropping one of the TEs when I see something I like on the waiver wire.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm trying to decide between Dvanta Adams and Danny Amendola for who to start in my last WR/T spot in a league I'm in. Suggestions? Also have Pierre Garcon and John Brown as reserves but those seem like inferior options to the other two.

On the RB side, Justin Forsett or Andre Ellington for my second RB spot?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm trying to decide between Dvanta Adams and Danny Amendola for who to start in my last WR/T spot in a league I'm in. Suggestions? Also have Pierre Garcon and John Brown as reserves but those seem like inferior options to the other two.

On the RB side, Justin Forsett or Andre Ellington for my second RB spot?
I love John Brown this year!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This 100$ buy in league Im in is so retarded, shit like this got approved by our league manager since individual owners dont have the ability to vote stupid shit down. Really really really fucking pissed.....every league Ive been in dumb trades like this get shot the fuck down. 4th best QB 7th best wr for Evans and garbage? Um ok!

rrr_img_108436.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm commissioner in one of my leagues and I have sole approval of all trades. I would have definitely investigated that one. GLO dun no shit.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, trade analysis/veto is tough. On one hand you don't want to handicap those who are good negotiators and/or deny someone who looks like they are getting trade-raped but "have a plan." On the other hand you want to keep things fair and prevent collusion.

There was one league I played in where a girl would veto any and every trade that involved someone who was playing her that week. Since her husband was also in the league she would often convince him to vote to block it as well. She didn't always manage to get the votes to block the trades but it was super annoying. Plus she'd throw a hissy-fit if a trade she was trying to veto didn't get blocked. In my league I have sole discretion on vetoing trades. Unless I'm convinced there is collusion I let every trade go through even if lopsided. Thankfully we are all good friends/family so we haven't had any issues and I've never had to veto anything.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My 10 man .5 PPR draft is tonight. Been messing around with some mocks. I have 2nd pick. I plan to take Bell or AP or maybe Lacy?? Coming back gets a little tricky for me but I'm hoping for a shot at Luck/Rodgers then I typically need to decide between Cobb/Jeffery. I don't know why but Jeffery scares me this year. If i grab Rodgers then the Cobb pick is easier for me to make. I like having a duo. Who you guys feeling at that point? Some drafts have guys like Matthews going as well.

Also curious for those who have drafted, when did Foster go?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The one draft I've done so far, 1 PPR, 10 man, Foster went with 9th pick of the 6th round, so 59th overall pick.