Father's Day

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
What do you guys do for your Dad on Father's day?

I wanted to take my Dad to a game, and he wanted to bring his dad but it sounds like my Grandpa is not healthy enough to do something like that anymore, and I can tell he seems very disappointed about it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What do you guys do for your Dad on Father's day?

I wanted to take my Dad to a game, and he wanted to bring his dad but it sounds like my Grandpa is not healthy enough to do something like that anymore, and I can tell he seems very disappointed about it.
Try and call the ballpark to explain your situation to get some kind of handicap seat and they might give youa wheel chair and everything. For last year I payed my father's car insurance for a month, gave him gas money like he did for me when I was a kid. I then told him he couldn't say thank you because what fathers do is taken for granted and he had to thank mom because mothers get all the credit. He got a kick out of that.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
I saw my dad last on my birthday and he gave me a carton of Indian smokes. He tells me, "Smoke up Johnny!" Then he cuffed me across the mouth for not thanking him quickly enough. He gets a card form me for fathers day and that's about it.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I can see my Dad particularly stressed these days with my scum bag older brother back in the mix, and his wife still giving him shit like she's done for the past 30 odd years.

I love my mom, but his wife's always been a grade a cunt to him.

Yes I'm talking about the same woman, but I have to separate the roles by behavior.

I wanted to do something to show my appreciation for him being a good guy for all these years and doing his best to keep shit together, but I don't think my Grandpa's healthy enough to even venture far out of his apt, nonetheless make it over to the new Yankee stadium, he's just so much older and apparently my Dad talked to him and he said he can't really even stand for more than 15 minutes at a time, maybe that wheel chair thing is the way to go, not sure.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can see my Dad particularly stressed these days with my scum bag older brother back in the mix, and his wife still giving him shit like she's done for the past 30 odd years.

Yes I'm talking about the same woman, but I have to separate the roles by behavior.

I wanted to do something to show my appreciation for him being a good guy for all these years and doing his best to keep shit together, but I don't think my Grandpa's healthy enough to even venture far out of his apt, nonetheless make it over to the new Yankee stadium, he's just so much older and apparently my Dad talked to him and he said he can't really even stand for more than 15 minutes at a time, maybe that wheel chair thing is the way to go, not sure.
Why don't you kick the women out of the house and order whatever food you guys like and have a guys day together? Can even have it at your grandfathers house and just watch the game together.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Sounds like Matricide would be the perfect fathers day gift.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Why don't you kick the women out of the house and order whatever food you guys like and have a guys day together? Can even have it at your grandfathers house and just watch the game together.
Yeah, talked to him about that too. He seems kind of set on going to a game though, might have been something he's been meaning to do for a while now but got side tracked and forgotten--sounds like it would have more meaning to take his father to the new stadium since Shae got knocked down. I'm going to do something for him regardless though, follow up on that wheel chair idea maybe.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, talked to him about that too. He seems kind of set on going to a game though, might have been something he's been meaning to do for a while now but got side tracked and forgotten--sounds like it would have more meaning to take his father to the new stadium since Shae got knocked down. I'm going to do something for him regardless though, follow up on that wheel chair idea maybe.
Do the yankee stadium trip. You would be amazed what excitement can do for your health. My grandfather had Emphysema and couldn't walk more then 10 feet before getting winded and had to rest. Picked him up and drove him 300 plus miles to watch a Cub game in Wrigley field and he was like a kid again. If watching a fucking Cub game doesn't kill you then I think you will be pretty safe at Yankee Stadium.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've always had a hard time figuring out what to do/give for Father's Day. Mother's Day is easy because flowers and shit. However, my dad is into technology/computers, and he pretty much just buys himself whatever he wants all year round. Stuff like sports games don't interest him at all, and he's happy to just sit around all day fiddling with his new tablet or smart phone.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
If I remember I try to think of why I should do anything for him, can't think of anything and then go about my day.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The last few years of my father's life I got him a Friday afternoon to Saturday night fishing tip on a boat large enough to sleep on, and well suited to fishing where he wanted to. One of his greatest joys in life was fishing. It was pricey, but he loved it and my brother and I joined him for it.

My kids are trying to figure out what they want to do for me, and it's looking like a hiking weekend with the whole family in Northern Michigan, to include fly fishing for everyone.

khalid

Unelected Mod
My stepfather always whines if I don't get him a card. My actual father would mock me if I sent him a card or even acknowledged something as silly as fathers day.

joz123

Potato del Grande
If I ever saw my dad again I would punch him square in the nuts. Dude was a total D-bag.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My stepfather always whines if I don't get him a card. My actual father would mock me if I sent him a card or even acknowledged something as silly as fathers day.
This. Guys want cards? Not to pull any sexist BS (but I am) but I don't know any guy who gives a shit about cards, unless they have money inside them. I'd rather you send me nothing but a check for $3 than waste it on Hallmark.

Anyways, I'm not doing anything for my dad, nor is anything being done for me. Although I did tell my wife today that a BJ would be an awesome gift... I just don't give a shit about Hallmark holidays.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Like McCheese I have a lot of trouble with this. My mom you can buy flowers and maybe take her out for food and that's good. My dad makes a good amount of money and generally buys whatever he needs when he needs it, and anything he didn't buy I definitely can't afford. Last year I think we got him a Roku that he wanted but was afraid to dive into, he loved it. This year I have no clue at all.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If our teams makes it we normally go to the College World Series together and I treat as part of Father's day. Been several times together. Otherwise I get a card and something small. I see him nearly everyday sinced we are in business together.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Your Stepfather is Toonamba? That's strange.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm trying to figure what I can do this Fathers Day that would be special.
He had 2 sons, me and my brother who passed July 4th 2007 at 41. He is 70 and is pretty confident he will not make it another year, massive heart issues, blood clots ongoing and other stuff.
Anyways for the past 2 years I have employed him off and on to help him with bills and spending money and he has everything he pretty much wants as it is so I don't need to buy him something and the things he enjoys like hiking are now out of the question.
I moved back from TN in 2010 to be closer and live only .2 miles away now and we always call each other when we need something moved or help or whatnot and talk daily in person or phone.

I'm just at a loss what I can do to make this year something more special.