Fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Yeah don't get me wrong there are alot of morons in this state and most of which do not need to be running companies but the same could be said for almost anywhere on the globe.

Proving my point there is a oil plant equal distances from a residential area in Worcester, MA as there was in Texas. There is also a GIGANTIC Air Liquide facility in Martinez, CA that has many many tanks and they also have a few tanks right behind a few people's back yard, all it takes is one mistake or mechanical failure that ANYONE could make and you would have an equally horrible situation.

I just got finished with a class at work tonight since we will soon be running a Hydrogen plant in Columbus, OH and they showed us this video and talked about the dangers of automated valves not closing when the power company trips the plant. Shit is terrifying.
Where are they putting this plant at in Columbus?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I do not know the exact location of the plant but I do know it's been there for some time, we are just going to be running it remotely from Texas.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
So the whole plant had only $1M in liability insurance. Texas, fuck yeah! Don't need no gubment regulations!

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19109697
I've been saying that all you need to do is make your terrorist organization a corporation and then you're not liable for anything that happens as a result of your business.

Just watch these motherfuckers get away with no punishment whatsoever and the victims of their gross incompetence walk away with no justice.

Tangurena_sl

shitlord
I've been saying that all you need to do is make your terrorist organization a corporation and then you're not liable for anything that happens as a result of your business.

Just watch these motherfuckers get away with no punishment whatsoever and the victims of their gross incompetence walk away with no justice.
The latest "investigation" claims that one of the firefighters had pipe bomb parts at his home, with the implication that the fertilizer plant is the victim of terrorism, and not butchers of the neighborhood.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's Texas. Probably every male between the ages of 14 and 34 has pipe bomb parts.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Pipe bomb parts -- Pipe. Pipe caps. Nails. And then your favorite brand of explosive.

Yeah, I think a good chunk of people have pipe bomb parts laying around, at least 3/4 of them.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, what's with all the anti bomb propaganda these days? A conspiracy to ensure that we are unprepared when the zombies/aliens invade? Making a bomb or two used to be a natural part of growing up.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
There are 100+ chemical plants and refineries in the 90 river miles of the MS river between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Some of them the largest in the country. So the answer yes.

petrochemical-2-2000.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Cant believe its already been a year since that shit. Time flies.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Map is shit. When you zoom in close enough to see if you'd actually get exploded the dots disappear. BOO! If I wanted to go by addresses I'd be a mailman.
I noticed it didn't show any types of plants like I run and they can be dangerous if not properly maintained, makes me wonder how skewed that map is.