Final Fantasy 16

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Glad i stopped playing it to wait on PC release - got rid of ps5 and xbox and will just wait on delayed releases so i can enjoy real 4k experiences.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This story would have benefitted from not veering to sci fi land like other FFs had. Still I greatly enjoyed it. Understand the criticisms but up until about 80% of the way I thought this was one of the best FF stories.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ugh this bump reminded me I have yet to finish it. Got maybe 15-20% in then lost interest.

Not sure what put me off this game. Might just restart on easy mode and run through it.

I've realized that with full time responsibilities, if I want to finish in a reasonable amount of time, I'll put a game like this on easy. You're going to end up doing like 500 battles, why fight stuff with 3x the health? Bosses are absolute bullet sponges at the higher difficulties. Plus when work beats you down, it's good to come home and fill a little OP.

Games like Stellar Blade on the other hand are perfect for the harder difficulties. Shit's difficult but they respect your time.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Slightly related but reminds me of shitty iPhones games with auto-mode options, even strat games.

if the battles were rare or important I’d want to play and use strategy, but when there are hundreds of useless fights or farming shit I’d rather be in auto mode because it’s annoying. FF has had a mix of that over the years as a problem.

Fadaar

That guy
I never even came close to finishing this. Pretty sure I got bored like 5 or 6 hours in.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Played the demo on steam and damn does it look good. It's fun so far but you guys have really swayed me into not buying it if the story falls off so much. I might pick it up when it goes on discount.

Caeden

I'll be honest, I liked this better than 9 as far as story. Just story...gameplay not as much.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Didnt finish 9 because no omnislash - yeah i said it. Cloud and Squall had fun abilities and whateverhisnamewas didnt interest me. However i didnt play FF prior to 7 and honestly didnt play an RPG prior to 7 so my enjoyment differs from many others.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
FF16 is one of the worst final fantasy games. I mean the absolute worst is 15, but this one is second. It looks pretty but it's a shallow game.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Caeden

15, 13, X-2, original 14, 3?....there's a lot worse than 16!

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
15, 13, X-2, original 14, 3?....there's a lot worse than 16!
13 was shitty in its own way, but I'd rather play that than this world devoid of all life and zones with absolutely nothing of note in them.

I'll give you original 14... I put that out of my memory.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
FF16 story is a solid 7 or 8 for the first 80% of the story, then they don't stick the landing

Gameplay wise is where the game suffered the most

1) Crafting felt like an afterthought and was virtually useless
2) With a couple exceptions, most of the side quests felt uninspired and unrewarding (the Cid background sidequest was pretty decent)
3) Combat did feel a little repetitive, but if we are being honest, that is all FF games. You use the moves that do the most damage over and over so long as it is resource viable.

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes. Yes it does. I’m navigating through the series and struggling with motivation on 8

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Triple Triad in FF8 is the superior FF card game - there is a reason FF14 used 8's card game lol

Siliconemelons

Sucks so bad its dumb programming intern training task sub game is the only thing slightly redeemable?

8 sucks

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Adding side quests where you collect bear asses is such a lazy design too. The sign of a piece of shit game.

Thanks EverQuest.