Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think someone mathed it out that awakening him straight from 4 to 6 is faster than staying at 5 if you're using a macro because of high tide dramatically increasing the frequency of his LB firing off.

I wound up pulling a Dark Fina, which I'm pretty happy about. I really like her sprite and her magic options. I know she's not that much better than Exdeath, but she has a cool kit. I'm going to shift some Shantotto's into my TM farming group and pimp her out.

Spent another 50k lapis eh?

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haha, nope. I actually didn't spend anything (more lol). I had 10k lapis, so I did a 10+1 pull and got her. I think my GF's place is good luck. Whenever I pull there I always get super rare units. If I was smart, I'd always wait and pull there, but impatience is a thing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think someone mathed it out that awakening him straight from 4 to 6 is faster than staying at 5 if you're using a macro because of high tide dramatically increasing the frequency of his LB firing off.

Yeah, I don't remember if it was actually faster but it was at least close enough that it wasn't worth keeping around a 5* gimp instead of maxing him out.

Plus most people have better things to do, like actual TMs rather than dragging along a unit that has already completed its TM, so most of the LB leveling past that point will probably come from LB pots. If you can manage it, it's definitely worth using the pots at 4* or 5* while he's not capped.

That said, I can count on one hand the number of times I've used his LB in a situation where the buff actually mattered. Even with High Tide, it's still rarely available when you want it to be.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cecil #2 hit 20/20 and awakened to 6. hooray for spending tons of effort on marginal upgrades!!!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, finally got my first Cecil to 20/20 and leveled up to 6 * 93 before I ran outta cactaurs. Hurrah I guess for a unit I haven't even needed yet :p

Murked

I dumped all my trust moogles I had saved (70%) on Noctis to get Ring of the Lucii. Man, it sure is fun Dual Casting Alterna with Refia in Arena! Gives her more of a purpose and I usually 1 round most teams.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm jelly. My Refia is on Osmose duty if there's no need to heal/raise.

which brings something i've been debating. do y'all bring 3 or 4 dps characters? I have Cecil & Refia, and they can turn around most bad situations (save Noctis stunning my whole team grrrr) if I don't go 1st. Alternatively, i could drop one for a 2nd Exdeath to go w/ my Exdeath/Luneth/Gilg and one shot anything. As is, if I go first, usually only thing standing is a Cecil and whoever he's covering. A 4th DPS would make turning a fight around very difficult, but enable me to nuke down a team still if one of my dps guys is dead.

only time i've lost in last 2 weeks has been to noctis fuckery. this morning i went first, and nuked down everything but cecil and noctis. his attack, stops my exdeath & luneth. 2nd round, he stops 2 more. 3rd round, stops the 5th. 4th round, kills 2. all dead by round 6 or 7... i was disgusted.

Murked

I use a pretty cheesy team currently...if I go first I never lose unless someone is fully Ribbon'd out. I'm running Cecil, Refia, CoD, Noctis 2x. My CoD is Dual Wielding Thorned Mace and Golem's Staff and I use Bladeblitz to spread the love. If I don't stop everyone, generally they are poison/stoned. On top of all that, my DPS all have Maneater, so my damage + status effects is pretty insane.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I use Noctis, Gilgamesh, Exdeath x2, Refia.

Turn 1's always auto-win because all 4 of my DPS's attacks ignore cover, so that's Flask x2, Divider, and Meteor x4, which is ~7400 damage after chains, so not even Cecil's can live.

My Refia has full camoflauge, dualcast, status immunity, and geared for +HP, so she always survives when I go second to raise/esuna/heal if the enemy team opened up with a bunch of damage. The only losses I have are if Refia + most of my dps get stopped on turn 1, or the app crashes...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I run Lightning, Noctis, Refia, ExDeath x2. Refia has an ice rod this week and I just do an ice chain that'll kill everyone but Cecil no matter what happens on first turn. If anything goes wrong I can generally either 100% end it by hitting repeat on turn 2, or I can osmose dangerous characters like Noctis to guarantee the win. Haven't lost in 3 weeks or with this lineup yet. It could happen, say a 5 man flask on turn one or some bullshit.

Elza used to be a mainstay in the party but I'd rather just easily one shot shit every week changing elements as needed. Heck, might level another ExDeath and replace Lightning so enemy Cecils wont cover anyone but meh. Also just finished Cecil but no ring of the lucii just yet, but it's coming. Need another dual cast and a fucking Zidane/Gilg plz.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is an 816 MAG M. Fina on my friend list who actually still has room for improvement. Could pick up 20% mag from M. Fina TM and 19 mag from another Omnirod.

shit be cray

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heck, might level another ExDeath and replace Lightning so enemy Cecils

Currently run 2*Exdeath, Gilgamesh, Ramza, Cecil.

Exdeath hits for 999+ Meteors even with fairly bad gear (I give games $20 once, and that will be it), so leveling my 4* and 5* Exdeaths now.

Goal is: 4*Exdeaths and Luka which I just pulled. Although healing seems pretty pointless in Arena unless you wanna be top 3000. I just pick on weak opponents and 1-2 round them always. I'm assuming in top 3000 there are very few weak opponents. :p

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It isn't just healing though, I mean yeah I'm using her(Refia) as dps (and will put the ring of the lucii on her likely) but she can also double rez or, stona and heal on the same turn etc. That versatility just in case something happens is hard to replace. Luka looks good too. I don't know if Noctis is really replaceable at this point if you have him.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It isn't just healing though, .... but she can also double rez or, stona and heal on the same turn etc.

Pretty much this. Refia's a wonderful addition to arena as a safeguard. Most fights sure she's dead weight, but when she's useful, she can turn around a battle all on her own. Here's just two random of my arena fights where Refia was useful. First fight she heals/resses when the enemy team goes first and blows up some of my team, and second fight she status cures when I go second against one of globals biggest whales (Endir).

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

I'm assuming in top 3000 there are very few weak opponents. :p

There's lots of weak opponents in top 3k actually. There's only a couple truly dangerous units on defense (mainly Noctis and Elza). Lots of people use multiple Exdeaths, and because the AI is retarded mages are pretty much a free kill. Just look at Sinzar's video. 5 Dark Finas and they did fuck-all.

Here's just two random of my arena fights where Refia was useful.
To be fair, that first fight was over with or without Refia rezzing and healing. Lightning was stopped and Cecil certainly wasn't going to win it. Same with the second one, even a whale's Dark Fina team is dead in one round without Noctis. Can flasks miss anyway? I didn't think blind affected them, just his physical attacks like Warp Break.

I'm torn between using Refia or Cecil in my fifth slot. Other four are currently 2x Exdeath, Noctis, and Lightning. Refia could rez, sure, but Cecil occasionally prevents the death from happening in the first place by covering one of my Exdeaths. I'm trying to figure out what the minimum MAG requirement is to always 999x2 with Meteor. If my Exdeaths had something like 4500 hp there would be a lot less close calls when I have to try to win without one (or both) of them alive when shit goes really wrong on turn 1.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that wasn't the best example to showcase how useful Refia can be, but it was just the two orbs I had available at the time :)

Completely agree on mages being lol in arena on the enemy team. My first time running into a multi-fina team I was scared, until I realized the worst thing they can do is ultima me (once) for 999, which is half the damage of virtually any high end melee.

Not really sure about flasks and blind. I know as hybrid attacks, they ignore cover from tanks, but evasion does work on them. Sometimes you get a whale who thinks it's funny to run a 100% evasion unit in arena. Thing is though, when you build a unit for 100% evasion, their dps is shitty, and they still get rolled by Exdeath.

Murked

I'm pretty sure Dark Fina can Dual Cast Ultima in Arena, but it's just highly unlikely right? Also, I'd be more worried about 5x Distress as that could take your entire party out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hybrid attacks can miss or be evaded, but the status effects they carry still land. My Noctis on JP lets me limp my way through arena matches against people 20+ ranks higher than me.

I'm pretty sure Dark Fina can Dual Cast Ultima in Arena, but it's just highly unlikely right? Also, I'd be more worried about 5x Distress as that could take your entire party out.

I have not once ever seen an Exdeath dualcast, I'm pretty sure the AI simply isn't capable of doing it.

Vorph

To answer my own question, I swapped out all my mag+10% materia for hp+10%, giving them both about 4400 hp and 400 MAG. Still all 999's without Focus.

And yeah, the AI definitely can't use dualcast/dual BM at all.